[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Final Fantasy 5 - Four Job Fiesta

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

File: FF5-Freelancer.png (87KB, 236x215px) Image search: [Google]
FF5-Freelancer.png
87KB, 236x215px
The Four Job Fiesta is starting... are you going to do it?

I just pre-registered. I'll probably give it another shot. I always get shitty jobs that don't work. Maybe this time I get a blue mage... and things are easy for once instead of Berserkers and Dancers with Redmage as my only support.

Anyone up for it?
>>
Will likely be doing the fifth job challenge this year.

Earth jobs are largely booty so I doubt it will change much for me.
>>
>>4032492
Might be Ok, but then again, you might get something garbage.

I'm really hoping for jobs that are more engaging this year. I've gotten Knight-Berserker-Ranger-Dancer, and Monk-Redmage-Ninja-Dancer.

You seriously feel the lack of magic in FF5. Black and White are so extremely powerful that not having them is suffering. Red Mage just doesn't get the good spells, so even with Dualcast, it's still weak sauce.
>>
>>4032475
I just cleared the game yesterday, this time with a friend.
I'm not really up for another run, but does anyone have a fun challenge idea? To mix things up
>>
>>4032508
Play the Ancient Cave romhack.
>>
>>4032507
the Red Mage has less Magic than Black Mage, but he does have a higher Magic Power stat than Ninja so he can make better use of Throw (or the Ninja can wield Red Magic to increase his Magic stat). Putting Throw on a Black mage with a Magus rod to throw scrolls for nice damage is a fun thing to do.
>>
I'm interested to see what I get this year. Last year wasn't too difficult with Thief/Summoner/Ninja/Dancer.
>>
I've played through FFV so many times as solo/duo or low level challenges that the Fiesta might just be NOT challenging enough for me. I also don't have a twitter. I might roll something just for my own amusement though and if it's limiting enough I might give it a playthrough.
>>
>>4032475
Does anyone have a save or a code that allows you to have all jobs maxed from the very beginning?

I want to do a playthrough with maxed jobs like that, with berserked travellers (except for Bartz, so mage-only parts can still be beaten).
>>
>>4033818
Just make a throwaway account.
>>
>>4032508
Solo run, single job. Makes you learn a lot of things about the game you've never noticed, and appreciate the jobs you previously overlooked (or hate them).

Another one I've done is one Black, one White Mage, never switching jobs, you can only use the Magic command in combat.
>>
>>4033841
How do you beat Neo-Ex Death with something like a fucking Monk?

The only way I can assume you've done something like that is if you used a broken class like Blue mage.

I'm doing the Fiesta this year, and really hope I get some of the more fun classes like Blue mage. Even White Mage would be fun.

I'm going to come in more prepared. Grind for things like Reflect Rings this year. Last year I had to cheat Omnicient because I didn't get a magic class, and I wasn't going to sit there and get lucky with mage masher procs.
>>
Why don't they add GBA jobs to this?
I mean, the GBA version is the only one worth playing in the first place.
>>
>>4034238
Because you get them all at the end of the game, also they're super OP.

It's also designed to be played on any version, whether it's SNES, PS1, GBA or even Mobile.
>>
>>4034267
Pure chaos runs have mime though
>>
>>4034308
Yeah, but you get to use whatever jobs you got. You can't get mime until what, world 3 ? That means you just use the other 3 jobs, and have 1 duplicate until you can get Mime.
>>
>>4034067

http://www.sullla.com/FF/SM1.html
>>
>>4034509
>grind to 75
This is why I hate these challenges.

It's fun to sit and grind for hours, just to be able to beat a boss. That's part of why I dislike the fiesta, because it can be really easy, or quite grindy.

Sure, you can complete the game with any setup, but does grinding for 10 hours sound fun? Not to me.
>>
>>4034067
Omniscient can be killed by anyone, just put on reflect rings and wait.
If you have a beastmaster you can also put a Fire Whip on a zombie to bounce over some Firagas. But that's probably better for non variant runs where you also can use Hide.
>>
>>4034690
You have to grind in the Barrier Tower to get Reflect Rings, and they're missable.

FF5 is a great game, because it's designed around you using all the job abilities. It's just really shitty that you can do something in your FJF run that can potentially fuck your whole run up, or force you to cheat.
>>
>>4034696
Wut? They're common in Phoenix Tower, which you can access by then.
>>
I have a romhack for FF5 that lets you equip abilities in place of the !attack, !(job) and !item abilities for all classes.

It makes the game a lot more fun, and means that I can stick more abilities into something like, say, the Monk, who is never going to use Kick.

Would I get scorn from everyone for playing through with the romhack?
>>
>>4034750
Probably not, all you have to do is screenshot Neo-Ex Death's death screen. I've cheated it and used bare before, but made sure to kill them off before I kill Neo-Ex Death
>>
>>4034758
Yeah, but what I'm considering is actually legitimately telling everyone, not just lying about it and making people think I did it legitimately.
>>
>>4032507
>mfw got Knight-Berserker-Berserker-Berserker
>mfw finished
>>
>>4034317
You can get the gba jobs (except one) at the same time you can get Mime
>>
>>4034750
Yes. That hack is actually really fucked up from a balance perspective and mostly defeats the point of FJF.
>>
>>4034509
Hmm, this solo challenge looks fun.
>>
>>4034750
seems intresding
>>
>>4034690
>Omniscient can be killed by anyone, just put on reflect rings and wait.
Not true, he can regen faster than he deals damage to himself.

The only way to reliably kill Omniscient without a mage is to keep your Mage Masher and an Ancient Blade and hope you get 2 jobs that can use a sword and dagger.

You attack with the MM first and pray that Silence procs so he can't reset, then IMMEDIATELY attack with the Ancient Blade and hope Old procs. Silence only lasts for like 3 seconds on him.

If that works, his level will drain and Regen will stop healing him for so much, then you can just let him kill himself.
>>
>>4034787
That's entirely doable.
Make your knight as tanky as possible, and have him guard/heal your berserkers.

You can even attack the sand worm and Sol Canon properly!
>>
>>4035606
>Not true, he can regen faster than he deals damage to himself.
not the last time I did him in, though it did take some time with fast forward - once he hastes himself he damages himself faster than the regen keeps him up. Hell, at some points he bounces over Regen to you so you become even more invincible. You could even wait until he runs out of MP, though that takes forever.
>>
>>4035617
>speed up
Oh, see, I play on an SNES.
I don't have 30 hours to wait for him to slowly kill himself.

the mute+old combo is excellent though.
The best part is that nearly any job can use daggers, and 5 jobs and use the Ancient Sword, so if you get stuck with no spellcasters, it's still very possible to get one of each.
>>
>>4035606
Reflect Rings work on Omnicient not because he kills himself, it's because he runs out of Mp and can't cast return
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.