[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SNES CASTLEVANIA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: snes.jpg (701KB, 633x913px) Image search: [Google]
snes.jpg
701KB, 633x913px
Okay /vr/, which one is your favorite and why? This is strictly SNES!

For me, I prefer Dracula X. I've been playing it for the past few days and fired up Castlevania 4 today after years and felt like it was a step back. Sure, the controls aren't as stiff and you can whip everywhere but it felt like your actions had less weight and were less deliberate. I also noticed that the art direction was a lot better in Dracula X. The enemies had better sprites, and the side weapons too, and everything was clearly defined. In Castlevania 4 the enemies can sort of blend in with the backgrounds and overall the style is kinda muddy. In a technological sense, I guess that 4 is more advanced than Dracula X but it's mostly unnecessary. To me the gameplay in Dracula X feels more satisfying.
>>
File: 1445705831155.gif (879KB, 245x230px) Image search: [Google]
1445705831155.gif
879KB, 245x230px
This is actually great bait, it will get a lot of replies. Lots of meme, misinformation and trolling around those 2.

I'll bet the contrarians at /vr/ will say DX is better. And it might actually be, depending on your taste. I prefer IV; but Dracula X was my first Castlevania game back in '95. Both are pretty gud.
>>
>>4031759
IV if you're a casual babby.

X if you want RoB: Hard Type.
>>
>>4031806
But X is easier than Rondo.
>>
Bloodlines.
>>
File: ataru.png (383KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
ataru.png
383KB, 720x540px
>>4031815
>>4031816
>>
>>4031815
Except it's not, compare the two dracula fights on youtube and see how you're wrong.
>>
>>4031834
>dracula fight
You don't even need to go that far. The first 5 minutes of the game are enough. There's medusa heads on the first level of Dracula X already.
>>
File: belmontseesavampire.gif (2MB, 623x340px) Image search: [Google]
belmontseesavampire.gif
2MB, 623x340px
- 16-bits Classicvania Tierlist -

Elder God Tier:
Castlevania X68000

Top Tier:
Castlevania X (SNES)

High Tier:
Castlevania Bloodlines

Mid Tier:
Castlevania X (CD Engine)

Low Tier:
Super Castlevania IV

Shit Tier:
Haunted Castle
>>
>>4031848
>X68k that high
Look, it's good, but it's not without its own design flaws.
I'd say they're all high tier except for Haunted Castle, which is just low tier if you play the japanese version. The game design is pretty bad but the visuals and especially the music is superb.
>>
>>4031759

Between those two i prefer IV.
>>
I like them about equally. I don't prefer either for its generation, but they're quite nice.
>>
super 4 as a game
look/style/music X

search your heard you know it to be true.
>>
>>4031852
>but it's not without its own design flaws.
Like what? The only complaints I've seen about it were the minute-long autoscroller (which could be included as part of the boss fight against the dragon), the aesthetics for the doll part of level 6, and the healing herb item.
>>
>>4031967
Those are enough complaints.
Seriously, what's up with the healing herb?
>>
>>4032001
It's a rare drop, uses a shit ton of hearts, and doesn't really heal all that much. It's not as useful as it sounds desu.
>>
>>4032023
I know, but I mean, why was it even in the game at all?
>>
>>4031787

How is this bait? You said it yourself, they're both good games so why does liking Dracula X more make me a contrarian?
>>
>>4032160
Maybe they were just experimenting, like the bomb in Haunted Castle.

Nothing beats killing things with a key in RoB though.
>>
>>4031815
>But X is easier than Rondo.
lmao, no.
>>
>>4032368
Both are great but i personally prefer X, aside from the aesthetics it has way more responsive control iv gets annoying with the clunky input absorbing platforming sometimes.
>>
>>4032375
I've never noticed IV eating my inputs. Also, "clunky?" IV has some of the most fluid and smooth gameplay in the franchise, after the Metroidvanias.
>>
>>4032378

To me, IV feels too "loose" compared to X. You have more control per say but because of all the options(mostly in relation to the multiple angles of attack) things get messy. Also, the level design is sort of affected by this, because the games with limited directions of attack are built around that.
>>
>>4032378
>IV has some of the most fluid and smooth gameplay
It fucking doesn't, the jumping mechanics are extremely clunky, a great example of this is the spinning platforms it's not difficult but there is clearly a tight frame window of input for pressing jump going across them.
>>
What's a good castlevania game that can be emulated on a mobile phone? Haven't touched the series in my life.
>>
>>4032660
none, in fact most real time games are unplayable on phones
>>
>>4032565
You forgot to quote the full line:
>in the franchise
Also, I never had problem with the spinning platforms, just JUMP!
>>
>>4032713
No one's saying anything about any problem just the reality of the feel. I've watched countless speedrunners of the game get trolled by simon crouching on impact and gobbling up
>>
They're both good, but no matter how contrarian /vr/ gets, I'll still pick SCV4 every time.
>>
Castlevania 4 will always be more nostalgic for me, but I enjoy Dracula X more for it's gameplay most of all but also for the music and visuals.
>>
Well super castlevania wasn't a mediocre port so I'll go with that one. Actual Rondo is better than both of course
>>
>>4033262
>dracula X
>port

What is this, 1996?
>>
>>4033262
fuck what a clueless mong, stop listening to e-celebs as drac x was not a port. Rondo is overrated weeb stuff and way to easy.
>>
I prefer X. First time I play IV i feel that not castalvania I waitting for.
>>
A better question would be 1 vs. 3. While pretty much everyone says 3 is the best, I think the level design was a bit of a step down from the original, and the helper characters also casualized the game a bit.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.