[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it worth /vr/ or should I stick to the regular versions?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

File: 777595-919239_52155_front_large.jpg (26KB, 300x426px) Image search: [Google]
777595-919239_52155_front_large.jpg
26KB, 300x426px
Is it worth /vr/ or should I stick to the regular versions?
>>
>>4031729
it's ok. The emulation on MM is about 90% os the real speed, it has audio issues and sometimes, rarely, the game crashed.

With the rest of the games the emulation is perfect.

Ocarina of time and MQ are based on the 1.2 version, which means green blood, censored gerudo symbols and so on.
>>
>>4031729
Majora's Mask is garbage on that disc, be sure to save often because it's prone to freezing.
>>
I have it for its rarity but it's basically the worst way you could possibly play those games.
>>
I own it and it seems perfect to me, never noticed any differences or problems with it, go for it.
>>
OoT: If you don't have any other versions, go ahead. All the others are better, but a first-time player wouldn't notice the differences, or be bothered by them.
MM: Similar situation, plus freezing. It might be worth picking up an original copy, if you're the sort that is sensitive to game crashes.
LoZ: It's fine
AoL: It's fine
>>
>>4031729
They're literally just a poorly emulated copy of the regular versions. There's even a warning beforehand when you start the games that there may be issues not present in the original version. It was a cool bonus packin if you first got a Gamecube fourteen years ago when they did this promotion but it's not worth the price it goes for at all today and I have no clue why the hell people still think about getting this when there are far better cheaper alternatives.
>>
>>4031748
Also, turn off the rumble to reduce chances of freezing. It doesn't completely solve the problem, though.
>>
>>4032802
>>4032307
How can they get away with releasing bugged version of games?
>>
>>4032806
Because it was just exactly that, an extra. Here in europe you didn't have to pay a penny for it.
>>
the 3ds version is good?
>>
>>4032821
The 3ds version of OOT is the perfect remake. MM is a but more divisive among fans because it made some questionable changes including giving bosses a generic weak point and changes to the lighting that make the game less moody in places. Still not a bad way to play though.
>>
>>4031742
>90%
False. It runs perfectly as far as frame rate. Playing it now and I'm loving it.
>>
>>4032806
Mine came with the Game Cube
So it was free
>>
>>4031729
If you really want Ocarina of Time on GameCube you're better off playing the Master Quest edition.

Majora's Mask has a few emulation issues. I don't remember how Zelda 1 and 2 fare on it.

You could do worse, but you could also do better.
>>
>>4032896
My biggest gripe with MM3ds is that there's no Master Quest.
>>
>>4033493

Master Quest is not that great to begin with. It is just rearranged puzzles that are not as fun.
>>
This disc came with my GCN. I just played the NES ones on it, the others were just demos.
>>
>>4033113
no it doesn't. it also hitches, I was stoked when I got the wii because
>480p component
>no Vaseline
so I got a copy, it was much cheaper then.
hot garbage.
>>
>>4032806
Because it's not an actual thing you could've walked up and bought at the store it was just a freebie if you got a Gamecube during the holiday season in 03.
>>
>>4032307
Because for some people a single expensive GCN game is still cheaper than having to buy an N64, an NES, four Zelda games which are always the most scalped, a working controller etc...
>>
>>4033513
>>4033493
3DS Master Quest was even lamer, wasn't it just double damage on a mirrored map?
>>
>>4034293
I brought up them being emulated because you could literally just go do that for free and I highly doubt someone these days has a computer so bad they'd get worse results than a console from 2003. But even that aside you could still get them off something like virtual console if you absolutely must pay for them. There's literally no reason to get this pack unless you're trying to complete some sort of collection.
>>
>>4034294
Master quest in OoT 3D is the same as in the original GC disc except the world is mirrored like in Twilight Princess.
>>
>>4032816
It was a freebie in America, too.
At first as a mail-in/early online registration offer for buying a Gamecube and two games. Then as a bonus for subscribing to Nintendo Power, and eventually as a pack-in with a Gamecube to closeout the stock.
>>
>>4031751
What rarity? It isn't rare at all.
>>
>>4031729
The Legend of Zelda I: The Hyrule Fantasy: Decent.
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link: Decent.
Ocarina of Time: Great emulation, runs at 480p, it isn't a perfect emulation of the Nintendo 64 original but it's still a great port (get The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: Master Quest disc because of Master Quest, obviously. Master Quest isn't in the Collector's Edition disc)
Majora's Mask: Runs like garbage but it could've been worse, stick with the Nintendo 64 original.
>>
>>4033529
I have both copies. They are the same. I even checked to make sure of that when I looked at the comment I replied to.
>>
It's collectard bait.
>>
>>4031742
MM crashed on me a few times too. The owl save system was a mistake.
>>
>>4031729
If you're not a purist who's so tightly wound that you couldn't drive a greased needle up your ass with a sledgehammer, then its a fine way to play the games.
>>
>>4036449
>>4033529

I don't get this shit, if you want to play OOT/MM in 480p Component so badly you can do it via the Wii Virtual Console versions AND do it with far less bugs. Remember the emulation featured here is literally just code from a 2003 version of Project64 that one of the devs brought with him when he went to work for Nintendo, it's as primitive as it gets with lots of odd quirks - the ending cutscene for both games are actually streamed videos because the emulator can't render them in-engine.
>>
>>4034293
Just get a fucking Wii
>>
>>4037551
OoT is better on the GameCube than Wii VC, and has Master Quest.
>>
File: PZLE01-285.png (629KB, 924x692px) Image search: [Google]
PZLE01-285.png
629KB, 924x692px
>>4037551
>2003 version of Project64
>90% of the real speed
People need to learn their info on here with this. It was an emulator designed for the disc. That doesn't lead into P64. The game slow's down more often that doesn't mean the game is locked at 90% of the original speed.

I can't believe sun flare fag hasn't showed up yet.
>>
>>4036426
It's considered rare because it wasn't a regular retail release and the fact that they literally titled it "Collector's Edition".
>>
>>4031729

Is this the one with Master Quest? If yes, then play Master Quest because it's great. Only if you've played the vanilla OoT though, obviously.
>>
>>4038715
So it's only rare to marks, okay.
>>
The good thing about playing MM with this is that you at least could play with a decent control and a good stick.
>>
>>4031729
Stick with the regular versions unless you really want the higher resolution, the emulator used for this games renders stuff improperly and some effects are missing.
>>
File: 250px-Mqusbox.jpg (37KB, 250x355px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Mqusbox.jpg
37KB, 250x355px
>>4038723
>Is this the one with Master Quest?
No.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.