[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm playing emulated nes games on a modded wii with my nephew.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 01-intro.jpg (56KB, 806x527px) Image search: [Google]
01-intro.jpg
56KB, 806x527px
I'm playing emulated nes games on a modded wii with my nephew. It was way harder then I remember to get out of water in Super Mario Brothers 3. Is this due to some inaccuracy? I am using basic wii remotes so maybe some kind of input lag.
>>
>>4031707
I will break out the nes and test it later.
>>
Wii has no noticable input latency.

You're just old now and your reflexes have decayed.
>>
>>4031725
Damn. Oh well, I can still play turn based rpgs.
>>
>>4031740
Unlikely. Your brain's decayed, too.
>>
>>4031707
Your HDTV adds lag. Put it in 'game modr' to reduce it some.
The emulator adds lag, but it's not a lot.
Wireless controllers also add lag.

It adds up. Putting game mode on your TV is all you can do.
>>
even with ten years of input lag you should be able to jump out of water in mario, it's just holding up and pressing jump
>>
>>4031936
I don't need much to grind.
>>
>>4031969
I was just jumping and holding right. Damn I am out of touch.
>>
>>4031725
>you automatically become a slug at 30
wew
>>
I remember having trouble getting out of the water in Super Mario 64, and several other 3D games, way back on my old crt
>>
>>4032087
Nah, it's around 24 when your body starts to break down.
>>
I noticed NES (not VC) on my Wii has pretty bad input lag too
My HDTV itself has input lag, but it was significantly more noticeable when playing on my hacked Wii

but i don't see what input lag has to do with getting out of water
>>
>>4031725
>Wii has no noticable input latency.
It has forced wireless controllers. Those are laggy by definition, you silly sod.
>>
>>4033748
If you typically use your hdtv with a computer or newer console with hdmi it will lag less compared to your wii the way you have it. Composite and component lag extra hard on LCDs they do a lot of extra processing to analog signals but even using component cables over composite slightly decreased lag for me when I used to use my wii with an HD TV, they even make hdmi adapters for wii but the one I ordered a while ago didn't work
>>
>>4031725
>noticeable
that being completely subjective, the lag is there, so yes, any nes game is harder to play emulated then on real hardware, provided you're not cheating with save states or some bullshit like that
>>
Playing with a gamecube controller would no doubt help with input lag, yeah?
>>
>>4034820
> forced wireless controllers
> not emulating with a Gamecube controller
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.