[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What Games Should I Play to Say I'm a True CRPG Player?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: Planescape-Torment.jpg (41KB, 404x502px) Image search: [Google]
Planescape-Torment.jpg
41KB, 404x502px
I've beaten Planescape Torment, I've beaten Fallout 1 and 2, and I've beaten the more recent Pillars of Eternity. What else should I play in this same vain? I've boughten Baldur's Gate and plan on playing that soon. Right now I'm playing Tyranny.
>>
Make sure you fit Arcanum in there somewhere.
>>
If you have to ask you're probably to young for this board.
>>
>>4031352
The younglings need to seek the wisdom of the old.
>>
>>4031346
Fuckquest
>>
Wizardry, at least 1
Ultima, at least 4-6
>>
>>4031346
>What Games Should I Play to Say I'm a True CRPG Player?
are you 12?
>>
>>4031398
> Hey guys what are some cool games I can play in this genre since I wasn't around when all these initially came out and didn't just organically buy them at their releases.

>> F.. F.. Fucking twelve year olds coming on my oldfag board trying to enjoy my hobby. Wh.. What faggots. Grown ups only.
>>
No, if just play a crpg, if you enjoy it keep playing it. If you don't drop it. Call yourself whatever the fuck you want but to label yourself as a "true" anything when it comes to games is pure autism.
Play a game or dont.
>>
File: witch.jpg (21KB, 235x205px) Image search: [Google]
witch.jpg
21KB, 235x205px
>>4031346
>True CRPG Player
>>
To be a TRUE CRPG PLAYERâ„¢ you have to play the games actually marketed as computer role-playing games by TSR. Go play the Gold Box D&D games and Eye of the Beholders. Any other answer is wrong.
>>
>>4031454
>>4031448
>>4031431

I now regret using True CRPG Player when all I meant to do was ask for suggestions. Let me just An Hero myself to regain my honor.
>>
>>4031410
>Hey guys what are some cool games I can play in this genre since I wasn't around when all these initially came out and didn't just organically buy them at their releases.

that's better

the ones I played and enjoyed a lot are bioware/interplay/black isle ones:

Baldur's Gate saga
Icewind Dale saga
Planescape: Torment
Fallout 1 and 2
>>
>>4031454
Play Dragonquests 'cause it's a ripoff of Ultimas.
>>
http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=9453
>>
>>4031346
I was a developer for Planescape
>>
>>4031871
How was that like?
>>
>>4031973
best experience of my life. We were able to be creative, black isle and Interplay were great, so was Troika.
>>
Is IWD2 the only crpg that uses 3E rules? Or are there others I'm overlooking
>>
>>4032081
Neverwinter Nights 1
>>
>>4032038
Troika? You worked with them, too?
>>
>>4032081
NWN1, NWN2 and ToEE use 3.5, the GBA Eye of the Beholder and Knights of the Chalice use stripped down versions of 3.5, Incursion uses a hyper retarded version of 3.5.
>>
>>4032081
>>4032095

There are several:

Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor
IWD2
NWN1
NWN2
Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil

IWD2, NWN1 and 2 are real time with pause combat. Of them, I would say NWN1 is the best since it has an enormous library of modules.

RttTEE and PoR: RMD are turn-based, though RttTEE is the better implementation (and also the most accurate translation of the 3e rules to a cRPG). PoR: RMD is kind of a mess and the 3d is primitive and ugly, even compared with NWN1.
>>
>>4031346
Ultima 7 is the best in the series, along with 4/5/6 lol. But play Ultima 7, get the GoG version and run it with Exult.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.