[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who was in the wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: 1496166320736.jpg (163KB, 349x269px) Image search: [Google]
1496166320736.jpg
163KB, 349x269px
Ultimecia lived her whole life under persecution for crimes she hasn't committed because of SeeD's witch/sorceress hunts. She clearly has a reason to be angry with SeeD.
Her entire plan was to compress time to prevent SeeD from killing her (which is inevitable for some reason).
She had Squall interrogated because she wanted to know why SeeD are hunting witches in the first place. SeeD was formed to kill the witch, but for what? Ultimecia was trying to save her own life from THEM; a military group that was formed to kill her before she was even born.

>...Lowlifes. ...Shameless filthy wretches. How you celebrate my ascension with such joy. Hailing the very one whom you have condemned for generations. Have you no shame? What happened to the evil, ruthless sorceress from your fantasies?
>>
So was Ultimecia future Rinoa or not?

This is important.
>>
File: 1479797138595.gif (804KB, 448x256px) Image search: [Google]
1479797138595.gif
804KB, 448x256px
There is no right or wrong in FF8. That's the whole point of the story.

Squall himself acknowledges this, his thoughts exactly when they're preparing the attack against Edea in Deiling City.

Funny thing is, the mayor of Horizon was right. If both parties had sat down and talked, instead of jumping at each other's throats, they'd realize they only want to kill each others because the other wants to kill them.
>>
>>4031031
Pure kino
>>
>>4031047
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4dnQ0b77n4 Relevant
>>
You know how FF8 throws away entire things on a whim once it's done with them, like the second Garden?

What if they're being retconned from existence through Ultimecia's time fuckery, but it doesn't affect people's memories, and because it never existed they don't question it?
>>
>>4031031
Edea is not Ultimecia. Ultimecia lives so far in the goddamn future that she's the only human left on Earth.
>>
>>4031087
No, you see a bunch of dead SeeD in front of her castle. You don't get to see the rest of the world because you enter her era during time compression.
>>
File: Dissidia_Ultimecia.png (737KB, 736x1076px) Image search: [Google]
Dissidia_Ultimecia.png
737KB, 736x1076px
Her design is so on point for me. It looks as if she's gradually transforming into her castle's decor style. An angry recluse.
>>
>>4031031
>Her entire plan was to compress time to prevent SeeD from killing her
We don't know that that's true. We know that she's trying to destroy SeeD because they're prophesized to kill her, a prophecy that she ultimately wrote herself because of the closed time loop that the entire game takes place in.
>>
>>4031248
>We know that she's trying to destroy SeeD because they're prophesized to kill her

Yeah, exactly. And when the future is already written, how can you change it?

Sounds like controlling time itself is a good solution.
>>
>>4031043
You can believe it if you want, nothing proves it or disproves it. I like it.
>>
>>4031031
>woooooow why are these KKK members calling me a thieving nigger
>I'm going to go rob a bunch of grocery stores to get back at them
Ultimecia a retard
>>
>>4031640
>>>/pol/
>>
>>4031640
>/v/ has come to
You got lost on your way to your containment board little fucktard?
>>
>>4031640
I had a legitimate kek right there
>>
>>4031031
Why are JRPG plots so fucking stupid despite them placing so much emphasis on the story?
>>
>>4031867
Because JRPGs are really about waifufagging at it's very core, at least in the majority of the ones that follow the Final Fantasy mold.
>>
>>4031031
Either way she's still a shallow villain who shows up way too late in the game to have any real development. Basically Necron one game before the actual Necron.
>>
>>4031867

the initial narratives seems to be good. then they try to take it too deep and over-imaginative, they end up in their own ass.
>>
>>4031043
Well its an interesting theory considering she junctions herself in the fight literally to the lion represented on Squall's necklace. But it's still just a theory.
>>
>>4031867

When you try to make a complex story you will eventually make a mistake, at least they try and it's not BING BING WAHOO
>>
>>4031043
It's way more fucking interesting if she is, desu.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.