[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Analogue Nt mini

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

Just ordered this. What am I in for?
>>
>>4030984
>Paying for emulation
>>
>>4030984
Buyers remorse knowing that you could have paid 30 bucks for a Wii instead and had access to proper 240p output and more consoles to emulate.
>>
>wireless controllers
>paying hundreds for this shit
Worse than the PVMeme retards
>>
>>4031014
But I do have a Wii, anon. With the Homebrew Channel.
>>
>>4031016
Then why did you buy this?
>>
>>4030990
Not OP, but isn't this a hardware clone?
>>
>not waiting for the superior FPGA console currently in development by kektris
>>
>>4031036
>waiting until 2025 at the earliest
>>
You will get more than you probably bargained for considering the variety of available cores and loaders

>>4031036
This being the flip side

>>4031045
Heh. That and the ANT mini still being premium priced is why I've been looking closest at MiST and will probably keep agonizing about it until they're sold out and I regret not pulling the trigger more and more as Kev delays indefinitely.
>>
>>4031021
it's FPGA based, so it doesn't fit into the binary terms that we're all comfortable using. It's not emulation, and it's not real hardware. It's arguably more accurate than emulation, but it's still less authentic than hardware. FPGAs are the future, but the future isn't now.
>>
>>4031408
It's hardware simulation, and it really is the future.
>>
>>4031018
Because I'm a faggot. lol
>>
>>4031408
>>4031456
>hardware simulation

This. That's what the community has been calling it now with the AVS and Nt mini out. Are there other systems which use FPGA?

Honestly, if I can get a modernized console that has no lag and plays the same as the original console, then I'd much rather get that. At least I'll know it's a brand-new machine and will work properly. With patches and firmware upgrades, I'd imagine all unnecessary glitches will be washed out--provided the devs are active on it.

The only tricky part is making sure the aging games don't lose their playability, but then I guess with FPGAs you can boot up ROMs and still have 100% accuracy. Guess that's where repros will have a market and, well, shit, you can even make repros into SD cards.
>>
>>4030984
a loss
>>
>>4030984
Dont know about the console but I have a couple of 8bitdo controllers, fc30s which are basically pallette swaps of what you got. Fantastic controllers, almost matches Nintendos original build quality but with compatablity with everything. My main emu controllers for prepsx games. So thats something
>>
>>4031514
There's a Chinese fpga based Famicom called the Jack DIY Famicom (2) and the MiST I mentioned before is a very plain FPGA system that began as an Atari ST clone but now has a lot of cores available. Expect to see more of these in the future for cheaper and cheaper though.
>>
>>4031564
Now I remember you. You mentioned that DIY kit months (years?) ago.

Got a link to the MiST thingy? Too lazy to search.

As for the Nt, I at least will have a suped-up NES/Famicom. Haven't had an NES in a while and have been dying to play my games. I sold a couple of things to fund the purchase and to me it's well worth the price.
>>
How are those 8bitdo controllers?

I kind of want to get an SNES one.
>>
>>4030984
A larger than typical credit card statement.

>>4031408
>we're all
Only the ignorant sperg babies among us are uncomfortable with their misconception that there are "binary terms" for ways of playing games. FPGAs are hardware. So clones that use them are hardware clones. Considering they're programmed using the exact same language as a NoaC used in other hardware clones that makes perfect sense.
>>
>>4031408
FPGA is emulation. There's nothing ambiguous about the term. Even an ASIC would be emulation unless it was built exactly according to the designs of the original hardware.
>>
>>4031645
https://github.com/mist-devel/mist-board/wiki
Last time I looked maybe a month ago it wasn't available from any US distributors which is kind of a bitch but you can decide for yourself.

>>4031673
Except that for the majority of gamers "emulation" means software emulation. FPGAs are emulation in the same sense that a 1chip SNES from 1991 is emulation.
>>
>>4031036
is it too much to ask for a simple nes clone that can do 240p over s-video?
>>
>What am I in for?

Plastic shavings.
>>
>>4031014
NT Mini supports 240p out via analog DE15 port, including RGB

>>4030990
>>4031021
FPGA, Kevtris wrote the core. I have yet to see anyone demonstrate any significant difference between this and a real NES/Fami... same with the AVS, I have yet to see any significant differences.

>>4031045
I want a Zimba, but I don't expect it anytime soon

>>4031996
NT Mini can do S-video ;p

>>4032280
No longer a problem with the NT Mini, shit, it was fixed with the 2nd edition NT. The NT Mini has a redesigned cartridge slot
>>
>>4032280
As another anon said, it was fixed long before the mini came out.
It's like people don't even know what to shitpost about.
>>
>>4030984
You know you can still get original NES consoles for $50-$60?
>>
>>4031673
If an ASIC was "built exactly according to the designs of the original hardware" the original hardware would have to be an identical ASIC.
>>
>ITT: Faggots who don't know the difference between emulation and simulation
>ITT: Faggots who think emulation and simulation is the same
>ITT: Faggots who think FPGAs are emulation

/vr/ tech illiterates everybody! fuck this board is retarded
>>
>>4031705
>1chip SNES from 1991 is emulation.
Well, with all issues described by byuu, it is.
>>
File: QNyBi35.gif (799KB, 276x220px) Image search: [Google]
QNyBi35.gif
799KB, 276x220px
>>4032914
>You know you can still get original NES consoles for $50-$60?

Holy shit, you're right! I'm so dumb!

Why spend upwards of $500 for a new console when I can get a $50-$60 NES (assuming I can get one with all the cables and a controller for that price, even), then another $100+ for the HDMI kit, then another $20+ for someone to install it, then RGB it (which I can't), and then do all of that all over again for a Famicom!
>>
>>4033004
>retro gamer
>uses hdmi
Does your mom know you're gay
>>
>>4033007
>can use on CRT
>can't use HDMI-installed NES on CRT

My mom knows I'm very happy.
>>
>>4030984
I actually love this, I especially love the jailbroken firmware and that it can play other systems very accurately.
I also love that it can play my Famicom games in RGB without the meme NESRGB mod for my Famicom.
If I want to play my Famicom games in composite, I play them on my Famicom, if I want them on RGB, I play them on my Analogue NT Mini.

I love the Analogue NT Mini but nothing would replace the actual Famicoms and NESes.

>>4033004
>plays with HDMI
Into the trash it goes.
>>
>>4032914
You can get famiclones from china for $20-30 that have a bunch of games AND still play NES games pretty decently.
>>
File: 1425594207150.png (110KB, 466x492px) Image search: [Google]
1425594207150.png
110KB, 466x492px
>>4033004
>assuming I can get one with all the cables
>then another $100+ for the HDMI kit
>>
>>4032987
Mmmm NOW we're getting into some good territory!
>mk1 hardware has a glitch not described in hardware documentation
>wave 1 software releases with certain unintended "features"
>glitch is documented
>wave 2 software is released accommodating now-documented glitch
>mk2 hardware is released correcting glitch
>Wave 1 software runs as designed on mk2 hardware only
>Wave 2 software runs as designed on mk1 hardware only
Which hardware is definitive? Can clone hardware EVER be considered definitive?
>>
>>4031408
>it's FPGA based, so it doesn't fit into the binary terms that we're all comfortable using. It's not emulation

It's emulation.
The NES PPU as never been decapped and reverse gate engineered, so it cannot be cloned via FPGA.

Until someone sacs 3 playchoice PPUs for decapping, it will continue to be emulation based upon guesses.
>>
>>4033320
>Until someone sacs 3 playchoice PPUs for decapping, it will continue to be emulation based upon guesses.

What a horrific fate for PC-10 PPUs.
>>
>>4033339
It would be a small price to pay for an accurate gate map. Alternately Nintendo could just dig up the tech sheets and release them it's not like their Sega having to burn the source code of Panzer Dragoon Saga to keep from freezing to death while they coded Shenmue.
>>
>>4033320
>It's emulation.

Technically, sure. But people distinguish it because "emulation" in the gaming community is so well established as meaning replicating both hardware and software.
>>
>>4033320
I get your point, but writing the PPU core based on guesses doesn't make it fucking emulation.

it just makes the core possibly inaccurate, but no one has yet been able to demonstrate inaccuracies in either Kev or bunnyboy's cores.
>>
>>4034682
>doesn't make it fucking emulation
No it makes it hardware emulation. Fucking emulation is a fleshlight.
>>
>>4035362

:^}
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.