[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is this game any good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: t14.jpg (108KB, 640x320px) Image search: [Google]
t14.jpg
108KB, 640x320px
is this game any good?
>>
>>4030572
The remake for PS2? Yes
The original? Not so much
>>
Leon is a Sasuke-tier unsympathetic faggot.
>>
>>4030597
Leon did nothing wrong he's got a whole country to worry about
>>
>>4030601
Leon literally gets reborn as Judas

he did everything wrong
>>
Remake is like Top 3 Tales Of, original is just Phantasia 1.5
>>
>>4030614
he's the victim of an ancient magical cyberterror bodysnatcher

it could happen to anyone

Phillia would have been a great villain
>>
>>4030596
Really??
What did you not like about the original? Beside BoFIV it's my favorite RPG on the whole system.
>>
>>4030686
Braindead jrpg pretending to be an action game when in reality stats are what matter and there's almost 0 execution skill or tactics to be found
Also lacks the series staples that make later Tales games good
It's okay I guess, but it's far from being the best jrpg on ps1
>>
File: strokes.jpg (181KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
strokes.jpg
181KB, 720x480px
>>4030712
>Also lacks the series staples that make later Tales games good

Interesting because as much as I liked Destiny and Phantasia none of the later games in the series did much for me. I despise Eternia with a passion.

I do agree it's pretty brain dead but I found it more fun to play than most other RPGs at the time. I rented it on a whim, played the hell out of it all that weekend then berated the Blockbuster manager into selling it to me. Fantastic game in my mind. Different strokes I guess.
>>
>>4030717
>I liked Destiny and Phantasia
>I despise Eternia with a passion.
you might have brain damage
different strokes my ass
>>
>>4030721
Did you really like Eternia better than Destiny? I don't want to get into a whole back and forth name calling thing, that just seems amazing to me. I hold up Eternia as a classic example of a follow up game that fucked up everything it's predecessor did right.
>>
>>4030572
who is that girl in the OP?
>>
>>4030760
>girl
>>
>>4030728
can you elaborate at all
>>
>>4031403
giving the protagonist a gay-ass midrift for one thing
>>
>>4032173
elaborate more
>>
File: Spread.jpg (53KB, 478x259px) Image search: [Google]
Spread.jpg
53KB, 478x259px
>>4030717
>>4030721
>>4030728
>>4031403
>>4032173
>>4032314
I also need elaboration on this. I actually enjoyed my time with Destiny PS1 and am considering replaying it, but Eternia blows it out of the water, especially in terms of the combat system, which is much faster and allows for more combo opportunities.The cast was also better imo (there's more interpersonal moments in Eternia, even if you don't factor in the skits that we Westerners missed out on).

People seem to recognize it's faux-scifi cousin Star Ocean 2 more but Tales of Eternia beats it in every way except music (which is still solid). I really need to hear what there is to despise about Eternia.
>>
>>4032173
not me

>>4031403
>>4032335
It's been so long I'm left more with impressions than specifics. Character designs were fine and it looked great. After loving Destiny so much and then seeing stuff about it in Newtype I was super hyped for the game and bought it day 1.

A big part were the characters, which I found insufferable especially the main. Also Destiny had amazing world building. Interesting characters everywhere and amazing attention to detail. Most towns where almost every house felt complete with a kitchen and bathroom went a long way for me. I remember the combat being fine but I wasn't blown away by it, it just felt like more Destiny.

That's about it, I remember playing and feeling it mostly disappointed till it was finally done and I never touched it again. Sorry I can't remember more, but if you enjoyed it then that's great.
>>
I didn't like Magic being tied to Swordians.
In Phantasia I felt excitement when I acquired a new weapon, in Destiny they were pointless.
>>
>>4033301
Mary is by far the strongest character in Destiny though, I used her for most of the game
>>
>>4030572

Tales of anything are rarely good unless you are a complete weeb that tolerates bad writing.

I only like Symphonia because it was the closest thing to a JRPG on the Gamecube at the time.
>>
>>4033616
> only like Symphonia because it was the closest thing to a JRPG on the Gamecube at the time.
There's Skies of Arcadia Legends.
>>
weeb shit isnt good
>>
>>4030572
Haven't played the remake. The original PS1 game is kind of jank, but I enjoyed the fuck out of it -- gave it a shot while having never played a Tales of game before, ended up really enjoying the semi beat-em-up fights (and ended up cheesing a lot of fights).

Eternia is loads better. Was kind of obsessed with it for a while, even ended up learning how to read the Melnics writing (dumb shit I kind of wish I knew before: tilt your head sideways -- it's not 100% readable this way, but like 60% of the alphabet suddenly becomes immediately legible and you can guess the rest).
the fighting is ace as heck

also, I distinctly remember enjoying Phantasia PS1 more than Destiny PS1

>>4030712
>0 execution skill
yeah, this actually bothers me the most, there's basically fuck-all comboability
>or tactics
let's not get carried away, although it's still a pretty simplistic game
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.