[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My PS1 is now showing pic related. Anyone ever see this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: file.png (248KB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
248KB, 500x385px
My PS1 is now showing pic related. Anyone ever see this?
>>
with all game?
>>
looks like you got

twice FUCKed by
Sony Computer Entertainment Europe
SCEE tm
>>
I've seen it but only on discs that are particularly damaged, if it's on every game it's probably your laser.
>>
>>4030507
>>4030482

All games, yeah. But if its the lazer then how can it play music from the disc? Not to mention, it boots into the game but nothing happens. Just seems odd that the lazer would be at fault.
>>
>>4030450
this logo is from the playstation discs and not the system, so your laser is dying
>>
>>4030557
rip op's laser
>>
so can you fix a laser? how do i find a replacement? *are* there replacements?
>>
>>4030584
Why wouldn't you just buy a new psone , psx, or ps2? It'd probably be cheaper
>>
>>4030584
The nice thing about Playstations is that the laser drive are switchable, I have 1001 that began too read bad (you know, the common problem with the 1000 series) and switched it with one from a PSOne. Everything works perfectly
>>
>>4030549
It coul be the motor since playing games vs. reading music is not at the same speed (2x vs 1x).
>>
>>4030592
well, how long until they would go bad too? these consoles are old now. things are going to start wearing down. any odd playstation off ebay might be a few years from getting a bad laser too!
>>
>>4030584
There are tons of available replacements and they used to be cheap as dirt (~$5) now they've gone up to being cheap as chips (~$10) but you get a whole drive assembly not just a laser and they're the easiest ever to install. You just take out the case screws, lift the top off in one piece, lift the assembly (not even screwed in beyond the top of the case holding it down) and unclip the ribbon cable. IIRC new assemblies don't even need to have a solder blob removed.
>>
>>4030450
>Europe

Found your problem.
>>
>>4030742
I've only seen them for $20 where do you buy them
>>
>>4030926
Dx but I see they're now all flagged sold out. Popular hobby these days I guess.
>>
>>4030450
The black screen with the PS logo is actually stored on the CD, not the firmware. The firmware only holds the white screen.
So if the black screen is corrupted in any way, its a sign of a damaged disc or warn drive.
>>
>>4031828

can't be the fucking disc because every game I have shows that. Most likely a lens issue
>>
>>4030926
Ali express
>>
>>4030450
flip the fucker upside down and report any change, You can also adjust the pots on the laser to milk it for a bit, Usually helped me alot.
>>
>>4031870
pot adjustment is doing anything for me unfortunately. I got so pissed off that I probably adjusted it too far down or up.
>>
>>4031910
Please tell me you used a multimeter and didn't just do it blind...
>>
>>4031836
Ever noticed this screen never appears without a disc, anon?
>>
>>4034714
Don't know a multimeter desu.
>>
>>4030450
Your Playstation turned into Rolf.

>LIFE HAS MANY HOLES EDD BOY
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.