[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I was pretty much always a RPG player (Chrono Trigger was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Ninja_Gaiden_(NES).jpg (54KB, 256x364px) Image search: [Google]
Ninja_Gaiden_(NES).jpg
54KB, 256x364px
So I was pretty much always a RPG player (Chrono Trigger was pretty much the first game I ever finished). But now I kinda want to get into some action/platformers games, especially on the Mega Drive since I pretty much never touched the console except for Sonic games.

I don't like to ask for recommendations or anything, but I was looking for games with infinite continues. I personally like my games balanced around the stages and not around restarting the game from the beginning, pretty much like pic related (except for the final boss obviously, fuck him)
>>
Castlevania has infinite continues until you turn the game off.

I'm actually having a hard time thinking of anything on the Genesis/MD that has infinite continues and falls under this category.

Ecco maybe? Valis III?

Shinobi III has limited continues but you probably won't need them.
>>
Gunstar Heroes
Alien Soldier on baby mode
Ghouls n Ghosts of you want to start off "easy"
>>
Chakan, though that doesn't stop it from being impossible
>>
>>4029846
>infinite continues

Play games on MAME or Snes9x. Use save states and cheats.
>>
>>4029960
>someone from /vr/ unironically recommending emulating
>>
>>4029968
They could have posted that ironically, you don't know.
>>
>>4029846

pretty much
>>
The GnG games are great for that since no matter how many credits or continues you scum you are not getting past a stage unless you stop sucking

beated all of them twice with the exeption of the very first one, I cant fucking beat the pair of red demons you get as bosses in stage 2

not retro but if you play the PSP game play the DX version, ir rebalances the game and removes the RPG aspects for an experience closer to the old games
>>
>>4029968
MAME is the only way to play a lot of arcade games now.
>>
>>4030018
Most arcade games respawn you on-spot when you continue, not exactly what OP is looking for.
>>
>>4029904
I second Shinobi 3.

It's got limited continues, but fuckin deal with it. You might get a full on game over or 2 before you finally see the ending, but it's way more doable than the game in your OP pic
>>
Vice: Project Doom
>>
>>4029968
Emulation is pretty popular around here.
>>
>>4029846
>pretty much
>pretty much
>pretty much
>>
>>4029846
Sanic games have limited continues but they are so easy to get, you'll get to the very last levels before you have to use them
>>
File: shadowoftheninja-cover.jpg (52KB, 400x660px) Image search: [Google]
shadowoftheninja-cover.jpg
52KB, 400x660px
>>4029846
Pic related has limited continues and while it's not easy, it's not ball-breakingly difficult either. Give it a shot.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.