[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there anyway to make retroarch look and operate like pic related

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

File: intro-nes-grid[1].png (460KB, 898x645px) Image search: [Google]
intro-nes-grid[1].png
460KB, 898x645px
Is there anyway to make retroarch look and operate like pic related
>>
>>4027367
I wish.

No wait I already have a Mac, fuck retroarch. kek
>>
>>4027367
Why?
>>
>>4027367
What program is that?
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (209KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
209KB, 1280x720px
RetroArch isn't a very pretty front end but there are much much fancier front ends than OpenEmu
>>
>>4027498
That looks so fucking piluted. Is there a frontend that looks simple like EmulationStation but for arcade only?
>>
>>4027517
>polluted*
Sorry.
>>
File: taito.png (4MB, 1359x984px) Image search: [Google]
taito.png
4MB, 1359x984px
>>4027517
You can make Launchbox look however you want if you're obsessive enough about it - or you can download a config from someone obsessive on its forum - the community is pretty active.

Personally, I find overwhelming selection to be counter-productive and intend to set my mame cabinet up to auto-boot all the way to a specific, single game - probably even with an authentic marquee from my little marquee stack. The less the players are able to fuck with it the better for them.
>>
File: shiet.jpg (9KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
shiet.jpg
9KB, 275x183px
>colecovision
>gamegear
>sg1000

there are people that actually play that shit?
>>
>>4027498
pic unrelated?

>>4027367
This is barely passable. could be much prettier and comfier.
>>
>>4027549
You're right, SG-1000 and Colecovision should really be folded together.

>>4027554
I said fancy not "pretty" or "comfy" both of which are nebulous subjective terms

At any rate, Launchbox is still the answer to both of these dubious complaints as it's completely customizable with an active community.
>>
No, get launchbox.
>>
>>4027569
how are those nebulous and subjective terms? and if they were, fancy would be too. baka
>>
>>4027583
"comfy" is basically the poster child of subjectivity. "Pretty" somewhat less but still much more so than "fancy" which means elaborately ornate.
>>
>>4027608
Oh fuck. I have to apologize. I didn't see you were a tripfag just there. I shouldn't have responded to your post. My bad.

Also, comfy is just short for comfortable. Nothing subjective about that but don't bother agreeing or disagreeing cause you are now blocked.

Polite sage.
>>
I use macOS and that OpenEmu shit has poor performance. People will shit on RA but at least it got that quite right.
>>
File: progress.png (151KB, 1922x1112px) Image search: [Google]
progress.png
151KB, 1922x1112px
Someone was working on something like that:

https://github.com/libretro/atv_menu
>>
>>4027573
Retroarch seems to run really slowly for me, and I've tried multiple different cores
>>
>>4027608
fancy sounds even a little snarky to me.
>>
>>4027659
There's also a frontend called Phoenix, but development seems pretty dead.
>>
>>4027651
Seriously?

I'm running everything up to, and including, the 5th gen on my 2010 macbook pro, which has a 2.4 ghz core2duo, 4 gigs of ram, and nividia 320m.
>>
>>4027630
What's comfortable to you may be jarring and obnoxious to someone else. That's why it's subjective. Conversely while one person may feel comforted by elaborateness another may be put off, but you both could agree that it was "fancy"

>>4027665
Yeah see you're actually understanding my subtext. My personal taste leans strongly to the utilitarian side, which is why I intend to make my mame cabinet mimic vanilla PCBs from the player's experience. I'll probably even drop unused buttons and plug the holes.
>>
>>4028017
Will you also install a coin slot to give yourself continues and mail the money to SEGA/Konami?
>>
>>4027538
>Launchbox
Stop shilling this. It aint free.
>>
>>4028547
then fucking pirate it
>>
I use kodi and advanced launcher. That way I can have my movies and games in the same program. And I controll everything with a ps3 controller.
>>
File: windowfcth.png (1MB, 1195x679px) Image search: [Google]
windowfcth.png
1MB, 1195x679px
>>4027367
Yes.
It's called Windows.
>>
>>4027367
>castlevania
>3 stars
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.