[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

An attempt at a Klonoa discussion thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_4220.jpg (58KB, 250x249px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4220.jpg
58KB, 250x249px
Haven't seen a thread of this guy in forever. Thoughts?
>>
File: Klonoa1053287.jpg (775KB, 1414x839px) Image search: [Google]
Klonoa1053287.jpg
775KB, 1414x839px
>>4027036
Great game. One of the best but some may see the cartoony aesthetic and story that takes a 90 degree turn to sadness a bit cheap.
>>
>>4027036
P. good game, gets quite challenging at the end.
>>
Don't know this game, all I know the word "Phantomile" in Ridge Racer Type 4 is a reference to this, in typical Namco fashion.

That said, I'm sure it's a really cool game because it's a Namco production. In fact I'm gonna watch a video right now to see what this is about.
>>
I own a copy of it. It's good. But not worth 150. But it's good. The game is beatable, not too hard. Not much replayability beyond the novelty of it's unique and simplistic attack and mabuveribility system.
>>
>>4027036
Shitty collectathon with aged pre-rendered graphics.
>>
>>4027036
I really wished the character would have represented Namco in Smash instead of Pac-Man, as I think he fits better. I was so happy to see the character in the intro to Namco X Capcom, meaning someone didn't forget. Will probably try to create the character in that new Sonic game not named Mania original character, do not steal
>>
5-1 was the best level
>>
I only played the sequel on PS2. How does the first one compare to it?
>>
Klonoa is dead and has less of a chance at a big revival video game than Bubsy.
>>
>>4027036
I would love to get a phisical copy of this, but fuck dem prices on jewbay.
>>
Fuck Huepow, he is the worst.

He makes Klonoa live only for his purpouse, and in the end he says: Fuck you klonoa, I don't need you anymore and you are only a dream :)
>>
>>4030607
I like the first one more but both are equally great
>>
>>4030607
It's much better because Klonoa ys younger, more innocent and the world feels more "magical" than the sequel, plus the ending's impact is way heavier. (In the sequel both the player and Klonoa himself already know what's going to happen once the crisis is over and so the ending doesn't come as emotional as the first one.)

Having said that, the sequel is still an awesome game and the banter among all the characters is one thing the original game lacks. Popka and Tat's trolling asshatery alone make the game funnier and ligther than the first one, which let's be honest, takes a very and moddy dark turn after a certain explosive event on the middle.
>>
>>4027036
Having Konoa threads on /vr/ is a pain since only the first game and the beach volley spin off are allowed.

Anyway, really nice little game. I'm surprised how well the cutscenes are holding to this day.
>>
>>4032505
The games after the first one are pretty garbage so. Especially the PS2 game.
>>
File: 1488830171132.jpg (1MB, 1141x1141px) Image search: [Google]
1488830171132.jpg
1MB, 1141x1141px
Why the fuck did they make that ending
>>
>>4027036
TONDAY
TONDAY
TONDAY
TONDAY
TONDAY
>>
>>4027171
That's still not as cringey as Capcom referencing Mega Man Legends in Mega Man Legends.
>>
>>4032512
I really enjoyed the gba/ws games, took a bit of time to get into them though. The Wii remake was fine too.
>>
>>4036535
The Wii remake is basically perfect.
>>
File: DSC_0119.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0119.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
>>4028008
>His country didn't officially get Klonoa Beach Volleyball
>>
>>4036782
I honestly did not know and had no clue.

We're the greatest country in the world, at least we keep telling ourselves that. For reasons.
>>
>>4036807
It is extremely strange. The concept of a Klonoa Beach Volleyball game is odd enough, not to mention it came out on the PS1, after its mainline PS2 game. Of course I would trade Klonoa Beach Volleyball for the NTSC benefits of actually having games that run properly.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.