[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Princess Crown

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 36492_front.jpg (106KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
36492_front.jpg
106KB, 640x640px
>huge gorgeous sprites
>1v1 neutral game controlled by stamina management
>that rainbow flash when you kill an enemy with the uppercut
>planting seeds in the middle of a boss battle and watching them grow in real time to net you more healing fruit
>turning enemies into bricks of gold and chunking coins off them with your attacks
>eating cooked food to increase your max hp
>unlockable gaiden books with characters that actually play differently from gradriel
I'm really amazed at how much Kamitani already accomplished with this game 10 years before Odin Sphere. It really deserves to be a cult classic but nobody played it because there's no translation patch.
>>
I think with a lot of these untranslated games you can figure them out by just throwing your head against them long enough. That, or just watching someone else play it who knows what they are doing is good too. It makes them very accessible in the end.
>>
>>4026898
But you miss much of the plot and any clever dialogue that way. Although I guess it depends on what really interests you.
>>
can someone explain to me why there's still no way to hook text from saturn games and translate them automatically pls. it's done very easily with virtual novels and pc-98 emulators
>>
>>4026909
use your phone

>>4026905
yes, but playing games this way you understand inevitably there are some sacrifices.
>>
>>4026895
There's a full English story guide somewhere; problem is that the game is slow ass, the combat is poor, and it has NOTHING going for it beyond the sprite work. Even the backgrounds have 1 single layer.

Odin Sphere managed to be tons of fun, but Princess Crown is just cumbersome.
>>
I think Kotaku once posted that english guide.
There are fans that are actively attempting to translate the game to english, the saturn version, though as much as they say the project is not dead, it does feel that its in limbo for the past 3 years.
>>
>>4026914
>problem is that the game is slow ass, the combat is poor
That was my first impression too, but after playing it more I started to appreciate a kind of elegance in it. It's not a button masher even if it looks and feels like a simpler side-scrolling beat-em-up game, and I feel like the slower pacing of the fights makes the game's animation even more appreciable. There's a weird sort of juxtaposition of relaxation and tension that I don't see a lot in video games.

>>4026909
Because computers tend to have a universal, system-level way of dealing with text whereas console games generally do not.
>>
>>4026929
>There are fans that are actively attempting to translate the game to english, the saturn version, though as much as they say the project is not dead, it does feel that its in limbo for the past 3 years.

It seems like it would be a lot easier to translate the PSP port, even if it's not quite as good as the Saturn original.
>>
File: 1493454574011.png (173KB, 308x326px) Image search: [Google]
1493454574011.png
173KB, 308x326px
>huge vanillaware fan
>will never get to play this game
is it worth getting a saturn for this? the only game on that system i care about is this and radiant silvergun which i also have never played
>>
>>4027251
Do you have a PSP? You could also emulate it. I used SSF to play it.
>>
>>4027251
If you are a Vanillaware fan then it is totally worth your time to play it.
>>
>>4027252

holy fuck i didnt know it was on psp thanks
>>
>>4027005
>after playing it more I started to appreciate a kind of elegance in it. It's not a button masher even if it looks and feels like a simpler side-scrolling beat-em-up game, and I feel like the slower pacing of the fights makes the game's animation even more appreciable.
I feel that way about the original Odin Sphere compared to Muramasa. Wasn't a cuhrayzee button masher where you tried to get the craziest combo count you could get, so a lot of people say Odin Sphere isn't as good. But to be honest, Muramasa and the Odin Sphere remake are considerably more easy for anyone who has played a lot of Devil May Cry and fightans.

Maybe George will remake Princess Crown one of these days so some more of us could play it. It would be good to see it get the Leifthrasir type re-make where you could choose both a new re-vamped experience or the classic experience with some updated resolution.
>>
>>4026898
This is somewhat unrelated, but I had this experience with the AZITO series. You have to manage an "evil hideout". Well, the game is quite impossible without knowing japanese, because it shows you a lot of messages about important stuff. I died 5 times before realizing I had to connect my main room with an oxygen source. Yeah, you can just build rooms in the underground without any oxygen, and the people inside will live for a few minutes.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.