[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone have a dedicated arcade setup? What system/arcade

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 12

File: mysetup4[2].jpg (526KB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
mysetup4[2].jpg
526KB, 1944x2592px
Does anyone have a dedicated arcade setup? What system/arcade sticks/controllers do you use? Feel free to post pics.

Pic related is some ghetto shit I found in google image search.
>>
>>4026889
>that sword
autism, nothin personel kid
>>
>>4026913
What if he was an actual samurai?. i'm sure you'd feel very silly huh!

My issue is everything looks dirty as fuck.
Like seriously clean up. its not even hard to do.
Is that chip wallpaper too? Thats a fucker to get off the wall.
>>
File: jintachi.gif (63KB, 504x360px) Image search: [Google]
jintachi.gif
63KB, 504x360px
>>4026913
>>4026938
>>
>>4026913
If a burglar arrives he will be ready to protect his arcade. It seems legit to have it.
>>
File: IMG_2837.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2837.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Just got this
>>
I have a CPS-1 cab with SF2:TWW world version, a Vs Unisystem w/gun that's Vs. Hogan's Alley, A 3 monitor Taito Ninjawarriors, a Bally Sente that has a WWF Wrestlefest in it I'm planning to convert to MAME and a 3 player Combatribes that I'd just like to get rid of and replace with maybe a Big Red MVS or a Naomi sit down driving cab or something like that.
>>
>>4026978
Nice job correcting the orientation of the monitor.
>>
>>4026913
>sword
It's a katana you fucking gaijin.
>>
>>4026978
How big is the screen on that?
>>
>>4026978
>car seat headrest
>guided by voices
we'd get along well
>>
>>4026978
can we get pics of your handlebar mustache? Also of your artisan wool scarf (made from small family farm raised sheep) collection.
>>
>>4027871
GBV are great (esp. Bee Thousand) but Car Seat Headrest is fucking gay.
>>
File: leftview[1].jpg (41KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
leftview[1].jpg
41KB, 480x640px
Hey everyone, how's my cabinet?
>>
>>4027959
>monitor with spinner button
My old computer from 2001 had one of those.
>>
>>4026889
One of these days I gotta flip my TV over for tate mode since all I've been playing on it are Saturn shmups anyway.
>>
>>4028613
It's pronounced タテ, or "tah-tay", short for ロタテ (ro ta te). You have to speak like a true arcade enthusiast, pronounce that shit properly to indicate you're a part of their culture.
>>
>>4028624
actual autism
>>
>>4028624
I don't read my text out loud when I type it so it's ok.
>>
File: 1426743184122.jpg (124KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1426743184122.jpg
124KB, 768x1024px
I was fantasizing about building an arcade cabinent myself. It really shouldn't be that expensive. The arcade stick and buttons are cheap as fuck, the controller board isn't expensive either and any old PC can run Mame no problem. Only thing that would turn up expensive is the woodwork.
Also, might have to find a solution if I'd want to use a CRT instead of a regular monitor.

Still, the only thing I can't afford when thinking of a cabinent is room space, so for now it's just a dream
>>
>>4026945
It's clearly a wakizashi, smartass.
>>
>>4027906
>artisan wool scarf
It's like the 3rd time I see this post on /vr/.
What's the punchline? "Dude hipsters lmao"?
>>
>>4027086
>a katana is not a sword
>implying it's a katana

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_sword
>>
>>4029050
b-b-but my weebness reeeee.
>>
>>4026889
>truxton
go home mark you're drunk
>>
>>4026889
welp, its no trashcade.

http://www.ugiansky.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/bum.jpg
>>
>>4028756
unfortunately the punchline is usually the jealous people commenting. I'd love that setup, personally.
>>
File: IMG_9046.jpg (765KB, 2592x1728px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9046.jpg
765KB, 2592x1728px
For an African American, is this layout okay? I still need to get a 4:3 monitor, but I don't want to spend a shitload of money on it since this will be out in the garage.
>>
Took around 2 weeks to make, around 300$ total, Xarcade tank stick, old gaming rig running mame.
>>
My bro used to own several arcade cabs and a mame PC hooked up to his 50 inch TV. As an old man I have grown tired of standing and playing or even using a stool. Relaxing on a couch is far superior
>>
File: IMG_0019.jpg (915KB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0019.jpg
915KB, 1920x2560px
It was in one dirty state when I got it. Whoever had it before me tried to cover scratches and marks with what must have been brilliant white, which contrasted pretty heavily with the greyish tone the body had taken on. The speaker bezel was flat-out yellow, which you'll see on most NAC, and the control panel had years of sweat and dirt going deep enough nothing short of sanding would fix. The coin/board doors were also yellowed, but just enough to make them noticeably different to the rest of the cabinet. After trying to find an appropriate colour for ages, I ended up just taking the entire thing apart and spraying it. There are a few flaws in the spray job. But they're not something you'd notice without looking for them.

It still needs the side art applying, the amp in the stock PSU repairing, a new pot for the remote board, and maybe a sanded and sprayed monitor bezel. There's a guy in china selling an Astro City bezel, so I might give that a try. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a Tri-sync monitor either, as I have some spare NAOMI kit lying around.
>>
>>4026889
I have a CRT emulator rig set up with groovymame and everything else running on it. I generally use a saturn pad for console 2d games, ds4 for console 3d games, and a qanba stick for arcade games.
Actually i have an MVS cabinet too but it's not at my current unit.
>>
>>4032454
How much did you get it for in such a condition?
>>
File: 8o4htiy.gif (553KB, 486x289px) Image search: [Google]
8o4htiy.gif
553KB, 486x289px
Is a no-burn Hantarex Polo Star 25" tri-sync worth picking up for shits and giggles?

How much would be a fair offer?
>>
>>4027001
i used to have a z cab with a cps2 main board. had marvel vs street fighter but the battery died. now kust has m vs capcom and street fighter alpha 3. but i gave that and my street fighter 2 turbo cab to my brother. now i just have a 2 player mame cab. 27" wells gardner monitor
>>
>>4032051
nope. that layout is only suitable for white guys
>>
>>4032934
There's some way now to resurrect boards that suicide battery has died.
>>
>>4032454
>finally something that's not shit
Nice. Would definitely go with a trisync. I really do prefer this to a NAOMI
>>
>>4032853
Anyone?

I'd like to snap this up before someone else does even though I don't have a concrete application for it right now.
>>
>>4033883
Do you have the means to test all three modes? What does the ad look like? Are you trying to get the best possible deal or just make a fair offer?
>>
>>4033883
Depends on the actual condition. Something described as "no-burn" is probably an older screen with no obvious burn but not in the greatest of condition. Also depends who you are, where you are, and who you're dealing with. I wouldn't pay more than $100-$150 something like that. A mamecabfag buying from a mamecabfag in a place where arcade CRTs are hard to come by might pay much more.
>>
>>4034095
>>4034189
I could potentially take my (NVidia Quadro) laptop with MAME and a Dsub15 to Dsub9 cable. Overall condition looks good but can't see closeups of the boards until I get there.

I'm in the UK. It's with what looks to be an arcade shop about an hour's drive away from me. Asking £200 obo. I was thinking offer £150 and take it from there.
>>
Building your own cab is severe autism. There's no point when you can just play with your LCD monitor and an arcade stick of your choice, while still being a functional computer.
>>
>>4034708
That seems like a safe approach. If it works good it's worth what he's asking but it doesn't hurt to negotiate.
>>
File: $_1 (2).jpg (38KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
$_1 (2).jpg
38KB, 400x300px
>>4034945
Thanks.

Here's a pic from the ad. At least 15khz seems to work ok.
>>
File: $_3 (3).jpg (96KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
$_3 (3).jpg
96KB, 800x600px
>>4035281
Sorry, grabbed the thumbnail by mistake.

Here's a better one.
>>
I've been wheelchair bound for a couple years and playing arcade cabinets is depressing now. I still carry around quarters and get excited when I see a cabinet but most of the time it's too awkward to play. I always have to crane my neck and hurt my wrists just to be able to see properly. I was considering getting a little MAME cabinet so I could set it up at an easier to access level to get my fix, would it be worth it?
Also, what are some arcade games that would be easily accessible from a wheelchair? I guess most cocktail tables would be good, haven't seen one since 2003 though.
>>
>>4034708
>>4035287
That doesn't look as clapped out as I was expecting. 200 squid sounds a bit high. But can you find one cheaper and can you be assed to for the potential difference.
>>
>>4035423
I haven't seen another one come up for sale in quite some time.

Perhaps I'm not mixing in the right circles though?
>>
>>4035403
Get a bartop like >>4026978 then you can set it to a level that's comfortable for you
>>
>>4035651
You won't see these things unless you're mixing with Brit arcade folks. In fact, if this guy does have an arcade or maintains machines it might be worth picking it up at any semi reasonable price just to establish the relationship. Knowing someone with experience who doesn't pay le ebik memecab prices for parts will be invaluable if you're ever going to do anything with it. For example he could tell you whether it comes with or needs an isolation transformer so you don't fry it the first time you plug it in. kek
>>
>>4037682
Useful info, thanks!

The ad doesn't mention an isolation trafo but he is selling a 20" Polo too which has apparently donated its power cable to this 25 incher. That to me suggests that it wants for nothing more. That said I will be sure to ask for any n00b advice he can offer. My experience is thusfar limited to poking around inside 29" presentation monitors.
>>
>>4032051
>two single player buttons
>>
File: bo23.gif (7KB, 496x384px) Image search: [Google]
bo23.gif
7KB, 496x384px
>>4037796
Probably chosen to replicate 1-on-1 basketball m8
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.