[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kazooie or Tooie?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

File: BanjoKazooie-BanjoTooie.jpg (274KB, 762x340px) Image search: [Google]
BanjoKazooie-BanjoTooie.jpg
274KB, 762x340px
Kazooie or Tooie?
>>
File: banj.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
banj.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>4026159
I rather play banjo in diddy kong racing.
>>
Kazooie on 64

Tooie on Rare Replay since it fixed the framerate issues
>>
>>4026159
Tooie all the way, man
>>
Tooie should have been better but wasn't. Streamlined all the wrong things and made everything interconnected in this inorganic way that feels bewildering. The bigger, open areas were the one thing that was truly improved, as BK only had a couple stages that felt roomy.
>>
Collectathons are living proof that games DO age.
>>
>>4026159
Kazooie. Tooie's levels are big but with nothing to do in them. the bosses other then mr.patches and the hag-1 are pathetically easy and just not fun to play. Kazooie's levels are batter, it has better difficulty, and didn't have any of the bullshit like the train shit you needed to do to open grunty industry.
>>4026381
Yeah, if you have no taste.
>>
>>4026392
>Yeah, if you have no taste.
Do elaborate on how collecting pointless shiny objects make you a connoisseur of good taste.
>>
>>4026403
It's fun to run around an open level and collect stuff to continue.

You can say 2d platformers are just going to one side. You can say FPS's are just shooting shit. You can say rpgs are just attacking and healing. You sound like a fucking idiot. Just say they don't appeal to you.
>>
>>4026416
>You can say FPS's are just shooting shit. You can say rpgs are just attacking and healing.
Other genres even when simplified are about exciting shit. In Banjo you just collect useless crap so you can unlock more levels with even more crap to collect.
>>
>>4026428
In doom you just shoot some demons so you can finish a level then go to levels with even more demons to shoot.

In tetris some blocks fall and you just line them up so more block fall.

In mario 3 you just jump on some enemies so you hit a block and go to more levels to jump on enemies.

I don't see how "collect things to move on" is a bad thing or any different then the above. It sounds like your complaining you have to actually play the game and do things in it to advance. Maybe play mist, or not play movies if you don't like doing things in games.
>>
File: 22.jpg (340KB, 2000x1330px) Image search: [Google]
22.jpg
340KB, 2000x1330px
>>4026445
>In doom you just shoot some demons so you can finish a level then go to levels with even more demons to shoot.
And that's awesome.
>In tetris some blocks fall and you just line them up so more block fall.
And that's fun.
>In mario 3 you just jump on some enemies so you hit a block and go to more levels to jump on enemies.
And that's exciting.
>In Banjo you "collect things to move on"
And that's boring. Here I'll teach you a game that's analogous to playing Banjo, grab a deck of cards and toss them all on the ground. Have fun collecting them all up while playing some repetitive circus music in the background, it's essentially the gameplay to Banjo Kazooie.
>>
>>4026452
Also make sure you yell WAHOO and BWREE like a faggot while doing it.
>>
But OP neither of those games are good
>>
Impressive same fagging, but not (You) worthy.

>"but it's not fun"
If this is your argument then it shouldn't even be considered. "Fun" is subjective, someone finds your favorite game boring as fuck. They're not wrong, they just don't care for it. Some care for banjo, some don't like you.
>>
>>4026487
>Make one post
>Samefagging
Epic boogeyman redditor, the only good games Rare ever made were Perfect Dark and Conkers
>>
>>4026487
>4026452
>4026454
>4026467
Don't you fucking know how to quote? Is this your first day here from plebbit?
>>
>>4026493
Reread the post, he said he wouldn't give (You)'s.
>>
>>4026505
In that case let me give it for you, then
>>4026493
>>4026452
>>4026454
>>4026467
>>
>>4026159
Banjo is like Sanic, it's a product of marketing research of its era and was never actually good.
>>
>>4026553
This is the truth
>>
>>4026159
Why can't they hand you all your special moves right at the beginning? Why do you have to unlock them, just so you have a reason to backtrack and revisit previous levels and artificially lengthen the game? That's boring, it's so fucking dumb.
Also have you got so many stupid moves, pads, shoes and items you keep forgetting the things you can use when you actually need them. Most moves are only ever used once or twice. These are even worse problems in Tooie.
>>
>>4026573
>This post with its legitimate criticism
Too bad the argument against it "but it's fun lol xD"
>>
Then you have the transformations, you need to farm tokens to unlock yet another character type just for one or two extra jingles/mcguffins/things you need to collect. Most of the transformations don't even have a mean to attack or defend themselves. They're only needed so you can cross small gaps in the scenery. Couldn't you just fucking crawl?
>>
Why does the Final Battle require 97 fucking jingles, that's way more than what's needed to beat most games. Mario64 was a way better game and it only require 70 stars to reach the Final Level.
>>
The writing. The humor in this game is 90% haha poop jokes and kazooie calling other characters names simply because they don't look like her, that fucking racist. Reddit tier puns. They would have probably added internet memes if Reddit were a thing back then.
>>
>>4026573
What the fuck are you even talking about?
>go into world
>find bottles
>he teaches you a move
You never backtrack to learn a move ever. Maybe if you played the game youbwould know that.
>>
>>4026593
>dude shitty rhymes lmao
>>
>>4026601
Bullshit, you need to learn how to use Speed Shoes in Freezeezy Peak then backtrack to Gobi's Valley for the timed pyramid jingle and Bubblegloop Swamp for the croc eating minigame.
>>
>>4026601
Also backtracking with new moves is a VERY PREVALENT PROBLEM in Tooie.
>>
>>4026606
No wait, I messed up, you learn Speed Shoes in Gobi's Valley and Beak Bomb in Freezeezy Peak. You actually need Speed Shoes from Gobi's Valley for the second bobsled race in Freezeezy Peak. My bad.
>>
>>4026601
If you watch a speedrun all the way through (you fucking no life nerd) you'll see them entering Gobi's Valley to learn speed shoes then quickly backtracking to Freezeezy Peak.
>>
>>4026606
>>4026612
Okay, I respect your point. You clearly actually played the game unlike this guy.
>>4026593
>>4026604
>>
>>4026617
The writing is indeed atrocious, though. You have to be with the mental age of 12 to still find this stupid shit funny.
>>
>>4026623
I don't play games for writing. Why would I care about the text in a platformer?
>>
>>4026626
Because the stupid characters are a large part of the reason why this stupid shit is so fondly remembered.
>platformer
To be frank you don't do much platforming in this game either.
>>
>>4026584
It was 94 jigsaws to fight gruntilda, 98 to get double honeycombs
>>
>>4026674
Thanks for the correction but out of a max total of 100 jingles that's still too much.
>>
>>4026636
Wow Rare this is pretty problematic desu
>>
>>4026452
>Here I'll teach you a game that's analogous to playing Banjo, grab a deck of cards and toss them all on the ground. Have fun collecting them all up while playing some repetitive circus music in the background

kek, accurate
I feel like these western open world fields of nothingness are the modern incarnation of this type of gameplay
wish they'd die down for a bit
>>
>>4026742
The thing is to pick and choose the ones that look interesting. It feels like so many people play games think they have to play every single one and as a result get burnt out
>>
I don't know what Tooie is like, but I never got collect-a-thon vibes from BK. Honeycombs motivated you to check for cleverly hidden or out of the way areas, as did Jinjos, and the notes and other items are incentives to complete various platforming challenges and explore. If the game were just Jiggys laying around certain areas and certain challenges then there would be no reason to explore most of any of the levels. It's not at all like DK64 where the game just dumps colored coins and bananas on you just for the sake of collecting them and dragging out the game. The item collecting aspect of BK is what gets you to explore and platform in a 3D platformer.
>>
>>4026765
that has to be one of the wackiest conclusions anyone's ever drawn on this board
>>
>>4027424
>shittiest controls of any rare platformer
>every level except for Barn Boys is extremely linear
>DUDE ADULT HUMOR LMAO

Conker is okay but it's the worst Rare platformer for sure. Multiplayer is fun though
>>
I love both, I feel like I had higher highs with Tooie, but Kazooie is the one I'd rather go back to and play repeatedly.

Then again, I haven't played Tooie since I was in middle school and I actually got to play Kazooie as recently as 2006. Haven't played either in ages.
>>
>>4026553
That's more like platformers in general tbqh.
>>
>>4026164
not with his shitty turning
>>
>>4026159
Tooie
>>
>>4026159
I prefer how the levels in Tooie were all linked together.
>>
>>4026553
Faggot revisionist meme poster.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.