[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is this worth spending my summer on?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: 5049bf4cc7164.jpg (129KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
5049bf4cc7164.jpg
129KB, 650x650px
is this worth spending my summer on?
>>
Generic animu JRPG, what do you think?
>>
No not really
>>
People praise its battle system but character positioning NEVER matters and despite being real time you can still pause right before each character command so it doesn't even have the time limit pressure of an ATB system. Also if you kill every enemy in each screen - WHICH IS NOT GRINDING - you'll be so overleveled the rest of the game will be a walk in the park. I don't see the appeal, personally.
>>
>>4025475
Don't listen to these plebs >>4025476
>>4025480
>>4025483
It's great also pick up grandma 2 while your at it and no it's not going to last for the entire summer
>>
>>4025485
>grandma 2
lulz
>>
>>4025475
It's okay but nothing special. Most like it for it's more light hearted simplicity, it feels like a cartoon.

There are better jrpgs on the ps1 but grandia might appeal to you if you're looking for something more simple and childlike.
>>
Best grill leaves halfway trough the game.
>>
Playstation version is the only one in English, it completely eliminates some backgrounds and shadows which makes maps appear BRIGHT AS FUCK but it has 3 short extra dungeons over the Saturn version, not it's not 2 dungeons like you hear everywhere, there's a third super secret one hidden at the canyon area.
>>
Famous for having some of the most cringeworthy dubbing in history but there are so few voiced scenes it hardly matters anyway.
>>
The game was most fun for me when I was playing around with Fast Forward on Emulator, only controlling battles by setting up preset Tactics and leaving it on Auto Battle. Seriously the Tactics AI is pretty damn competent, it's a shame most people never got to use it and preferred manual commands over it
>>
Unlike most Playstation RPGs that used pre-rendered backgrounds, Grandia is entirely 3D. This allowed for some interesting maze like level design with some switch hunting. Also the game does a good job of rewarding you with money, magic and items if you set out to explore.
Unfortunately the mazes become more and more simplified and straightforward as you go along through the game.
>>
>>4025475
Best game in the series. 2 is edgy teenage rubbish and 3 isn't worth mentioning.
>>
>>4025515
There's an onscreen compass that points to either the goal or the entrance of the map at a press of R2 so you're never really lost in dungeons, also Enemies appear as sprites on map, they can be dodged entirely and they completely vanish once defeated which is VERY COOL, random encounters are completely non-existent and there are not even forced encounters by stepping in tiles like in Chrono Trigger, every encounter that's not a boss can be avoided.
>>
>>4025491
>>4025489
Oh lord, this game had absolutely beautiful art made for it.
>>
>>4025475
No. You should spend your summer shitposting like the rest of the summerfags. kek
>>
>>4025880
so like you
>>
I doubt it'll last you the entire summer, the game's only around 40 hours long and doesn't have that much replay value. It's a great game though, you should definitely play it.
>>
That depends

Do you like ADVENTURE?

>>4025483
>character positioning NEVER matters

That is blatantly untrue
>>
>>4026260
>That is blatantly untrue
Explain. Please give one example when positioning is important. Keep in mind you actually can't move characters in battle.
>>
Grandia is a charming game that can be a little too easy. There were boss fights late in the game that I was able to beat without getting a turn because I'd gotten so good at abusing delay. It's still worth playing if you can get hooked on its personality, which I was.

I think the sequel's a bit better. It is cliched but if you don't believe tropes are bad, it actually pulls them off pretty well. Grandia II isn't afraid to get bloody or dire, which works to its advantage, because the first game is pretty lightweight.

Glad I played both, overall.
>>
>>4026272
>Grandia is a charming game that can be a little too easy. There were boss fights late in the game that I was able to beat without getting a turn because I'd gotten so good at abusing delay. It's still worth playing if you can get hooked on its personality, which I was.
What about the Extreme Difficulty romhack? Did anyone ever try that?
>>
>>4026275
I have not tried it—and here's the thing. Ostensibly upping the difficulty is a good thing, and Grandia Redux does seem to be smarter than other romhacks that just do stupid shit like quadruple enemy HP. But one thing you have to consider is that Grandia is already a long game just because of how it's structured and paced. Adding difficulty is going to probably add several hours.

If I still had NEET time, or would be content with either not finishing it for potentially months/basically playing only that in my free time, I wouldn't consider this a huge problem. And maybe it isn't. But according to the changelog, it doesn't seem like they compensated by reducing the total number of encounters on the maps or anything.
>>
File: 1476467659002.jpg (6KB, 249x202px) Image search: [Google]
1476467659002.jpg
6KB, 249x202px
>>4025475
>they give you summer homework
worse than north korea desu
>>
>>4025475
This game isn't popular (out of that board maybe?) but so good, it's my personal favorite of that serie, and Skies of Arcadia felt similar to that game but the battle system made really a positive difference for grandia.
Whithout spoiling anything, the only thing I didn't like is probably the final battle.
>>
>>4025997
>i know you are but what am i
Smells like teen summer
>>
>>4026997
you would know, retard
>>
>>4025489
Who's the girl wearing the blue outfit in the front?
>>
>>4026261
AoE spells
>>
>>4027234
Keep it coming kid. That's what summer's all about.
>>
>>4027292
Kys
>>
>>4029429
I thought kiddos like you used all caps even when you shouldn't?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.