[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How are persona 1 and 2?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: RevelationPersonacover.jpg (94KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
RevelationPersonacover.jpg
94KB, 500x500px
How are persona 1 and 2?
>>
>>4025280
WHERE THE FUCK IS THE ABANDONED FACTORY IN THIS GAME?? WHAAAAAA
>>
>>4025280
The best way to play is non-retro (PSP).
The PS1 version of Persona 1 is fucked up beyond recovery and Persona 2 is missing the "first game".

Personally, Persona 1 is not all that good, but Persona 2 feels way better.
>>
Holy shit do not play Revelations Persona, it's a master-class in botched localization unless you play the PSP verson. II is okay on the PS at least and the missing part has a translation available.
>>
>>4025375
>>4025408
Isn't the ps1 version the one that turned a character black?
>>
>>4025638
It's better this way, more inclusive.
>>
>>4025280
They're awful just start with 3 like everyone else.
>>
I liked P1 on the PSP a lot, but wish there was a way to play that version with the original OST because it had some jamming tracks. The only real complaint I have with the game itself is the EXP system distributes EXP based on how much damage each party member does so it's easy for one character to nuke everything and get tons of EXP while everyone else gets left behind with it snowballing worse and worse if you don't purposely plan for it. It might be a bit too easy, too, but the game was fast enough with animation skip turned on that I didn't mind.

Haven't played P2 yet.
>>
>>4026545
>I liked P1 on the PSP a lot, but wish there was a way to play that version with the original OST because it had some jamming tracks.
There is.

Persona 2 is great but the battle system is very dated
>>
>>4025662
persona 1 was really ahead of it's time.
>>
>>4025662
Honestly I like Black Mark better. Mixes it up a bit.

All the party members in P1 have the same skin tone, black hair, and the same gray school uniforms. With the exception of one guy who has dyed red hair, and the girl wearing a blazer over her uniform (two mutually exclusive optional characters).
>>
Persona 1 tries to expand upon some of the systems first seen in SMT If... but botches them. The battle system is terrible, the setting isn't well developed and the plot is boring. However it's neat to see things like The Velvet Room, Igor, Philemon and so on in their first iteration. Plus, the OST to both the PSP and PS1 version is fantastic.

Persona 2 has ties to Persona 1 that you don't need to get to enjoy the game. The story is arguably one of the best in the entire Megaten franchise, but you need to play both in order (IS -> EP). The battle mechanics, graphics, speed, characters and setting also improve a lot.

Also you get to kill Hitler, who somehow got the Lance of Longinus. Good shit.
>>
>>4026549
how?
>>
>>4025280
Great soundtrack
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf--XESxOv8
Also, black Mark.
>>
>>4026826
Not him but to me P2's fusion spells are terribly implemented and make every battle feel like a chore rather than the very snappy instant gratification battles that Post-SMT3 have with their turn on a dime "one more turns"
>>
Persona 2 Good
>>
>>4025280

what is that on the cover? got pretty far and never saw it, iirc.
>>
File: vishnu card.png (28KB, 182x280px) Image search: [Google]
vishnu card.png
28KB, 182x280px
>>4027623
Vishnu.
>>
File: Vishnu.jpg (209KB, 1200x1668px) Image search: [Google]
Vishnu.jpg
209KB, 1200x1668px
>>4027642
His face is the one you see on the US loading screens, too.
>>
Persona 2 has a great story, but is honestly boring as shit to play.
>>
>>4025280
emulate the PSP versions
>>
I only played the PSP versions, but I found Persona 1 to be pretty great in terms of story, though the gameplay at times was a slog. Wasn't so bad when I got some powerful spells I could just spam on autobattle though, and I particularly like first person dungeon crawling and crabwalking. The story really went places too. The soundtrack and SFX in the PSP version completely change the feel of the game, from a super dark and heavy feel to something a little more lighthearted.

I couldn't get too far into Persona 2, just finished the "Lisa is a singing diva" dungeon and called it quits. The battles were far too common and too much of a slog for me to continue on, though I know a lot of people praise its story.
>>
File: 1444719897695.jpg (8KB, 300x302px) Image search: [Google]
1444719897695.jpg
8KB, 300x302px
>Play through 1 and the eng 2 on PSP
>Love them both
>Take a break before going on to the next
>Become increasingly autistic in that time
>Realize how many fusion combination possibilities there are
>Try combinations 1 by 1 until too burnt out to play

Why do I do this to myself?
>>
>>4026567
I'm sorry but I refuse to play a game where I have to keep a nigger alive in my party.
>>
>>4026567
>All Japanese people are Japanese

Ya don't fuckin say?
>>
>>4029893
I thought the psp soundtrack for 1 just felt like they were trying too hard to cater to p3 and up fans and while that music works in those games it was jarring in p1
>>
Pick your poison OP

Revelations Persona
>Clunky
>Shit localization all around and experience scaled so the game is easier for baka gaijin
>Snow Queen route was removed because Atlus USA wasted a good chunk of dev time changing everyone's race
>The best soundtrack out of the Persona games
>Has black Mark, the best character to exist out of every JRPG

Persona PSP
>Great localization (they even kept "Mark" and "Elly" as their respective nicknames)
>Improved combat with a fast-forward feature which makes the game a bit more bearable
>Snow Queen route works
>The worst soundtrack out of the Persona games thanks to Shouji Meguro being a fucking moron
>No black Mark. But Masao is still a pretty funky guy

Megami Ibunroku Persona and the PC version
>Good luck with that nigga
>>
>>4030783
The psp soundtrack sucked BUT school days is good enough for me to listen to an extended version on yt all the way through
>>
>>4026826
>>4026545
There is a PSX ost restoration patch for the PSP version. You've got to hunt around for it a bit online though.
>>
>>4031204
It's not anywhere close to complete or well-done. The person who made the patch couldn't get the music ported over successfully.
>>
>>4031207
It's not that bad.
>tracks play in mono
>missing a few of the PSX tracks because the PSP version doesn't have enough track variation in locations and PSP iso hacking is a bitch
>a couple of the tracks loop odd
I'll take that over the P3 jpop shit. I don't even mind jpop all that much but it's all so unfitting for P1.
>>
>>4030675
I don't really mind it, but it does change the entire tone of the game. The final boss's theme is the biggest example of that, imo.
>>
>>4025280
Garbage, unless you love 3d dungeon sims.
>>
>>4032607
who doesn't?
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.