[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2cd playthrough is the best

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: Seifer_1.jpg (3KB, 120x90px) Image search: [Google]
Seifer_1.jpg
3KB, 120x90px
Universally better on the second playthrough. FFVIII is one of the few games that as I'm beating it for the first time, I really want to start the game all over again right when I beat it. With Chocobo World A++
>>
I disagree, but respect your opinion.
>>
>>4024868
There's lots to love, op. I'm glad you're enjoying it.
>>
>>4024868
ff8 was easier after I figured out how to use an elastic band to draw magic while I slept.
>>
>>4026456

>putting all that effort into finding a way to make the game play itself when you could've just refined items into magic
>>
>>4026489
drawing death from a dragon is easier than farming tomberry knifes
>>
>>4024868
FFVIII's story only starts to somewhat make sense on a second playthrough.
Like how the main villain was present for most of the game in some way rather than just at the end
>>
>>4026560
Or like how Squall is actually dead and/or in a comma, since that fan theory makes as much sense as the Rinoa/Ultimecia one.
>>
I started playing it about a month ago, but stopped about 3 hours in. The fucking boss battles are way too boring, spamming GFs over and over again.

Is there a hack that rebalances the summons and spells and speeds up the animations, or just make them more powerful but usable only once per battle?
>>
File: BATTLESTATION.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
BATTLESTATION.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
best FF game
>>
>>4026515
Don't tonberry knives give you like 10 or 20 deaths per 1 refine.

and you have to kill at least 20 tonberry's to get a GF in the game.

So you should really have all 6 characters with their own 100stock of death if you plan on getting all the GF's in the game, and Tonberry is vital for Disc 4 gameplay anyway
>>
>>4027204
>bait
If not bait, you shouldn't be spamming GFs, you shouldn't have random encounters on. Avoid levelling. Get your spells from items and cards. If you need to spam GF's you can teach them Boost to strenghten their damage by smashing button while animation is playing. Most efficent way to dish out damage is by limit breaks. Keep your HP under 1/4 (it's safer when you have high HP by not lvling too much and having high end magic junctioned to HP stats.). Naturally you want high Str stat too. In battle skip turn (triangle button) until your character gets Limit Break. Lower the HP, higher the probability. Squall, Zell and Irvine deal most damage thanks for multi hitting attacks. Later in game you also get Aura and Meltdown spells to get more Limit Breaks and ignore enemy's def stat.
>>
>>4027204
>using GF's
anon.. that's how you start to lose your characters memory.

but really, the gameplay is pretty bland and not optimal for GF abuse, if they die during battle, they don't learn skills and abilities.

like >>4027228 says, but I just keep one character at low health, Squall, 'cause easiest, and most damaging, and least obnoxiously engaging limit break.

it's pretty comfy to hit RB a few times while he swings, then sit back and hit the bong while he does his special followup move
>>
>>4024868
Absolute masterpiece of a game. OP is also correct on 2nd playthrough.
>>
>>4027218
DUDE WEED LMAo
>>
>>4027237
JRPG's are meant to smoke weed while playing..

>comfy at your own pace dialogue/cutscenes
>comfy at your own pace battle/action
>comfy at your own pace random encounters
That shit is built for relaxation.
>>
>>4027220
if you play cards even just a little you'll have plenty of tonberry knives
>>
FFVIII is the most kino Final Fantasy game.
>>
>>4026563
you think that maybe squall died when he got stabbed by the icicle at the end of disc 1 during the parade? It makes sense considering how weird everything gets afterwards.
>>
>>4028790
Yea, people couldnt handle it so for 9 they went back to uguu kawaii moeshit
>>
>>4024868
Difficult to not binge play, but satisfying if you don't.
>>
It's the only game where you literally cash in your cards at the end.
>>
>>4029243
>>4026563
Squall is dead is the dumbest fucking theory I've ever heard, and I've heard that Ben Drowned Zelda story before.
>>
File: IMG_3218.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3218.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>Shit Tier theories
Squall is Dead (tm)

>Dumb tier theories
Rinoa is Ultimecia

>NOW AT LAST I TRULY SEE theories
After the events of the game, Ultimecia went into vacuum manufacturing
>>
>>4030853
People will grasp at any straws they can to make the story seem less terrible.
>>
>>4030946
except the story isn't terrible
>>
File: fishing hot girl.jpg (51KB, 546x455px) Image search: [Google]
fishing hot girl.jpg
51KB, 546x455px
>>4031012
>>4031012
10/10 top quality bait.
>>
>>4024868
By "2cd" do you mean "2nd"?
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.