[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Underrated Developers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

File: Human Entertainment.png (18KB, 284x112px) Image search: [Google]
Human Entertainment.png
18KB, 284x112px
>Super Formation Soccer/Super Soccer (SNES)
>Final Match Tennis series
>Clock Tower series
>SOS/Septentrion (SNES and PS1)
>Fire Pro Wrestling series
>Mizzurna Falls (PS1)
>The Firemen (SNES)

Imo, Human was a very creative company. I think they were one of the best developers on Super Famicom.
>>
>>4024448
They also did some board game RPG thing that was actually surprisingly decent, and a street ball/basketball game that was OK. IIRC I think they also did Kabuki Quantum Fighter on NES.

Genuinely my favorite dev on SNES and almost inarguably THE most underrated developer EVER.
>>
File: Exact.png (5KB, 221x94px) Image search: [Google]
Exact.png
5KB, 221x94px
Exact did one of the best 3D games on the Sharp X68K computer, Geograph Seal.
On PS1 they did Jumping Flash, which is often cited as one of the first 3D platformer games, predating Super Mario 64, as well as the sequel Jumping Flash 2 in 1996, the next year they did Ghost in the Shell also for PS1, a very unique game that mixes homing-missile shooting and walking on walls and ceiling.
These guys got some really great ideas in terms of 3D games, but they dissolved after GITS. Different memebers went on to work on different projects within Sony Computer Entertainment, one of them did Robbit Mon Dieu (basically Jumping Flash 3, except it wasn't as good as the first 2 games).
>>
>>4024448
Probe
ADK
Culture Brain
Falcom
Technos
Data East
Masaya
Koei
Quest
>>
>>4024497
Agreed. Personally, I would Human above SNES Square and besides SNES Enix.

>>4024663
>Falcom
Are you sure? Their games get a lot of attention from RPG fans.

>Culture Brain
Magic of Scheherazade was pretty cool. I wish it had a sequel.
>>
>>4024448
Yeah, Human was a pretty neat company, even on the NES they had interesting little title like Monster Party and Kabuki Quantum Fighter.

They had some video game development school and I'm pretty sure a lot of those more interesting games were final projects the students made, which might explain their creativity.

>>4024972
>I would Human above SNES Square and besides SNES Enix
I want to live in whatever hallucinogenic wonderland you live in, kid.
>>
>>4024975
>hallucinogenic
Tell me what Square made on the SNES besides "muh JRPGs". At least Human and Enix made and published a more varied catalog.
>>
>>4024982
Well fuck you, man, Snes was the only system where they developed nothing but RPGs.
They made some racing, fighting and shooting games on the NES and Playstation.
>>
>>4024448
data east deserved to live
...is what I want to say, but they kind of deserved to die for releasing barely fucking anything in the mid-late 90s

still love them, Data East's name is a solid sign that you're going to at least enjoy the game, even if it's nothing amazing

>>4024994
you know, that anon was specifically talking about SNES output, it was clearly stated in the post even
>>
>>4025702
>treasure is under rated
Not here bud
>>
>>4025702
overrated meme developer
>>
>>4024982
>At least Human and Enix made and published a more varied catalog.
Enix never made anything, they were always publishers only.
>>
>>4025784
>made and published
Apparently reading comprehension is way above the grasp of this board.
>>
>>4025801
you're spicy, today.
>>
>>4024994
As >>4025125 said, I was talking about SNES Square. I know Racing Lagoon, Rad Racer, Einhander, etc. but their SFC titles were limited to the RPG genre while Human made many kinds of games.

Btw, Data East was a pretty cool company. I loved Fighter's Story, Side Pocket and the Joe & Mac games. Windjammers on Neo Geo was neat too.

>>4025784
>>4025801 is right as well. That's why I said "made and published".
>>
File: Tamsoft_logo.png (12KB, 330x104px) Image search: [Google]
Tamsoft_logo.png
12KB, 330x104px
Tamsoft?
>>
>>4025936
>I was talking about SNES Square.
I know what you were talking about but I still think that's fucking unfair since you know that was the ONLY generation when Square did nothing but RPGs. Even in the PS2 days they developed some subpar action games like Bouncer or Dirge of Cerberus
>>
>>4026006
>its unfair to call another developer a better SNES developer than Square because of PS1 games!
>PS1-era Square is the best SNES developer!
>>
>>4026018
Nigger, I'm talking about Square as a whole.
>>
>>4026019
But he isn't you fucking sperg
>>
File: Matrixlogo.png (2KB, 158x48px) Image search: [Google]
Matrixlogo.png
2KB, 158x48px
>>
ADK
>>
File: 6979.jpg (22KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
6979.jpg
22KB, 500x375px
>>4026006
>>4026019
Sorry, man. I'm really trying to understand you but I can't.

There's nothing unfair here. I'm comparing two Super Famicom libraries, not what Square made before or after that console.
>>
>>4024448
you forgot android assault
>>
>>4025702
Treasure's never really been that underrated.

>gunstar heroes and dynamite headdy were both fairly popular, somewhat well-known titles, particularly gunstar
>radiant silvergun was a bit underground, but became wildly known for commanding like $700 bare disc alone before saturn shit at large was commonly gouged to fuck
>ikaruga was extremely popular for a shmup at the time
>gradius 5 was pretty well regarded and was fairly well known
They're a solid dev and rated just where they should be. People actually talk about them, unlike most of the others in this thread.

Maybe Gunstar Super Heroes is a bit underrated, but that's not /vr/.

>>4025718
an hero pls
>>
File: Bari-Arm.gif (19KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
Bari-Arm.gif
19KB, 256x224px
>>4026106
Never played that game. Looks cool, though.
>>
>>4025801
You didn't say "made and published respectively." The lack of clarity is on you.
>>
>>4026308
So you're calling people idiots because they don't "understand" what you weren't even clear about. Good lord.
>>
>>4026117
How is gba not retro?
>>
>>4026590

Read rules.
>>
File: 91ad1c9c.png (11KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
91ad1c9c.png
11KB, 640x480px
>>
>>4025713
you are huge meme
>>
>>4024448
face
>>
>>4024448
>Chaotix would've been 100x better if they made the ring band optional
That defeats the point of the game.
>>
>>4029626
Wrong thread, man.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.