[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SNES lockout tabs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

File: images (2).jpg (6KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
6KB, 259x194px
I want to play Japanese games on my SNES and I know I need to pull the tabs out. But my question to you, /vr/, is it worth it? I love my SNES and don't like the idea of raping it with pliers just to play Super Butoden 2 on my PVM. I love the looks of the original SFC but don't have the space to house another console for such a small purpose.
So is it worth it to ruin the mint condition of my SNES or should I just give up?
>>
>>4023340
cant you just unscrew the system and remove that plastic base around the cart slot like you can with the n64? otherwise just buy a piss colored sufami they look sexier than the American lavender fisher price piss brick.
>>
File: sfc19.jpg (213KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
sfc19.jpg
213KB, 1024x683px
>Super Butoden 2
Good taste.

It's worth it because there's a shit-ton of SFC-only games, but I understand how you feel about not wanting to tear apart your system (even if it's just 2 little plastics that aren't even visible).
My advice? Just get a Super Famicom, they're super cool and still cheap.
>>
>>4023340
>raping it
jesus Christ dude sand it off and you wont even be able to tell they were there, its autistic as fuck to worry about MUH ORIGINAL CASE MOLDING when you aren't even changing anything that's visible
>>
>>4023359
You're an autistic fag who wasn't even alive when SNES was out, ripped those tabs out of my original console from when I was a kid. You retro hipsters worship a piece of plastic when us nostalgiafags tore those tabs out decades ago.
>>
>>4023363
Edgy
>>
>>4023363
You're very wrong. And the reason I didn't want to break my SNES is precisely due to nostalgia, I had this little bud since childhood, I didn't want to break it, even if it was something as small as that, it would feel wrong.
SFC are unexpensive dude, and don't have a CD drive or anything that could broke in the shipping.
Anyway, taking off the tabs is still the most immediate solution and it won't make the SNES look different from the outside. Having a SFC would just be a little luxury, but a cheap one.
>>
>>4023359

>SNES
Good god, that thing was ugly. What precisely was the benefit of changing the case for foreign release? That thing's got edges sharp enough to cut coke with.
>>
>>4023459
What's with the exaggeration? I find both nice aeshtetically. I dig the purple/light grey color match.
>>
Another solution is to just pop the game on a Game Genie.
>>
>>4023340
Just buy a Super Famicom, mine was like $30 on eBay.
>>
>>4023340
So don't. Just play it without the fucking shell dipshit.
>>
>>4023614
This is what I do. Have to remove tabs from game genie though.
>>
>>4023340
YES!, YES IT GODDAMN IS!

Plus American SNES carts dont fit on the SFC, or are you one of those Gorefags that want to mutilate a SFC just because "Muh Hipsters"?
>>
With the console fully assembled no one can see it. Pretty pointless worrying about two plastic protrusions that are basically invisible anyway. The American SNES isn't even a nice looking console either
>>
>>4023459
Nintendo of America wanted an edgy console.
>>
>>4023459
http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/Super_Nintendo_Entertainment_System
>Interestingly, the Japanese branch of Nintendo did not design the American Super Nintendo Entertainment System. Instead, a man by the name of Lance Barr designed the hardware (he also designed the NES). Lance Barr explained that he didn't like the look of the Super Famicom, saying that it was too "soft and had no edge". Nintendo Power revealed several unused designs that were drawn by Barr, all of which led to the final creation. Barr explained that he designed the Super Famicom in a way so that drinks could not placed on it, and that the indention in the X and Y buttons were made so that players could tell the difference between them and the A and B buttons.
>>
>>4023340
Don't just fucking pull the tabs off like an ape.

but you should still remove the tabs -- they're only there to hold you back
Take a dremel or something and do it properly so even if you look, it won't look wrong.

>>4023459
never did like the SFC design that much, while the US SNES has a very classic, early-90s hardware look
I do wish we got the colored controller buttons in the US though, that shit's loads nicer.
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (106KB, 1400x1012px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
106KB, 1400x1012px
>>4023340
If youre that worried, the plastic piece inside that has the tabs can be replaced easily. they sell for like 10 bucks on ebay
>>
>>4023720
scratch that, more like 5 bucks and up depending on the seller.
>>
>>4023340
>console genital mutilation
If it's just for one game why not just change the case for that game? Or will that also trigger your autism?
>>
don't sufami games freeze up at the slightest touch when you put it in a mutilated snes?
>>
>>4023352

>American lavender fisher-price piss brick

I've been saying this for years, albeit not so eloquently
>>
>>4023391
>it would feel wrong to remove a small, non-visible piece of plastic

There's something wrong with you
>>
>>4024135
It would feel wrong to chop off some plastic from my childhood console, even if it doesn't make logical sense, it's how human feelings work.
If I really wanted to play japanese games and had no other choice, ok, but I have no reason to since I have the SFC.
>>
>>4023340
>>4023916
Keep the forskin intact. Don't Jew your snes
>>
>>4024217
You know what's actual autism? Not being able to emphasize with others and getting angry at what other people do or think.
>>
I bought an SFC because I didn't want to pull out the tabs in my SNES.

Worth it because the SFC is sexy as fuck.
>>
If you want to play super famicom games then just get a game bit to open up your super nintendo cartridges and then but the super famicom game board in the super nintendo cartridge, It's annoying to have to keep changing the boards but at least you wont have to "rape" your snes
>>
>>4024230
You know what's actual autism? There's a picture of it above the sink in your bathroom.
>>
File: download.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
Get a super ufo pro 8.
>>
Holy poop. So many butthurt hipsters in this thread. It's just a fucking kids console. There are thousands of snes and super famicoms out there. Modifying a few plastic bits in your console that are not even visible is not.l the same as destroying a fucking museum replica. Jesus christ, you bastards are driving prices for games that aren't even 30 years old yet.
>>
>>4025136
And at least one butthurt poorfag
>>
File: Super_Advantage.jpg (32KB, 500x291px) Image search: [Google]
Super_Advantage.jpg
32KB, 500x291px
>>4023714
>I do wish we got the colored controller buttons in the US though
We did on this thing.
Though that was likely the result of being produced by Asciiware instead of a first party product like the NES Advantage.
>>
>>4025147
Not poor. Just can't justify the finances for buying a console that sold millions that is selling at a price that is 3× it's original margin. I own a SNES, PCengine and Master System since I was little. I recently bought a Dreamcast 4 years ago for about 20 USD which is what it worth now. I can't imagine how much they charge these days for crap like this.
>>
>>4024117
Yes because they're not an exact fit for the larger slot. But this happens with a lot of consoles, like GB/GBC games on an Advance model will freeze if touched as can GBA games on a DS Lite.
Also
>touching the cartridge while the game is running
>>
>>4023363
>>>/v/
>>4023391
Retard, don't give him any attention.
>>
>>4023713
>indention in the X and Y buttons were made so that players could tell the difference between them and the A and B buttons.
Where people back then retards or something
>>
>>4023340
You fell for the pvmeme AND you're too scared to perform a simple mod to get a region free console?
>>
>>4025168
Yeah, you're pretty much the definition of poor.
>>
>>4024117
Not that I'm aware of. The cartridge slot(not the shell) is the same width as on a SFC so the cartridges fit really snug. You can wiggle the cartridge a little bit but it's not enough to come loose or affect the game at all.
>>
>>4023340

you can just unscrew and remove that part, and replace it later. Don't fucking permanently damage the system. I don't know what fucking idiot came up with this plier shit when it's so easy to remove the tabs in a non-destructive manner.
>>
File: 1482466467001.gif (47KB, 250x194px) Image search: [Google]
1482466467001.gif
47KB, 250x194px
>being attached emotionally not even to the games or the system, but a piece of fucking plastic Nintendo put there just to fuck you with your imports.

OP is nothing more than a gigantic crybaby faggot.
>>
>>4023464
>>What's with the exaggeration?
Edgy teens and eurofags.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.