[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is this game a meme? A lot of people seems to enjoy it.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: 2615751-paladinsquest001[1].png (87KB, 768x672px) Image search: [Google]
2615751-paladinsquest001[1].png
87KB, 768x672px
is this game a meme? A lot of people seems to enjoy it.
>>
>>4022502
Paladins Quest.
Oh I remember trying this game casually in a emulator many years ago, I used to test many random games, I remember beating the first boss inside a big tower(?) with some kind of fairy as party member.
I never really played it seriously, I see there's a sequel too, are both worth?
>>
>>4022502

I played it when I was a kid and started it twice on emulator. All times I was taken in by the graphics. It certainly is a meme b/c it's mediocre AF.
>>
I liked it back in the day when I was a kid because it had some interesting concepts that I thought were pretty awesome for an RPG like the lack of MP (spells take HP to cast, which creates a quandary), hired party members/mercenaries (you really wanna try that cave on your own? okay then, don't whine to me when you die) and the fact that spells gain levels individually rather than having a catch-all mstrength stat (it's explained as your relationship with a particular spirit in charge of that sort of magic, like the fire spirit or something, gets stronger with each time you use that sort of spell).

Ultimately, however, the new car smell wears off quick. I lost interest somewhere midway and never completed the game. A noble effort on the creators' part, but PQ falls flat for me.
>>
Didn't knew about this game but the art direction looks very nice.
>>
>>4022516
The graphics look terrible, though?
>>
>>4022502
Ur moms a meme
>>
>>4022502
>is this game a meme

you have no idea what a meme is you fucking mong.
>>
>>4022536
You're a faggot, though?
>>
>>4022587
Nowadays meme is a non-word, as it can attain any mean it needs to.
>>
>>4022587
Meme these days can mean gimmicky or inauthentic.
>>
Interesting game with novel ideas but ultimately flawed in execution.

Frustrating combat system where magic/life share the same points. Battles are very slow.

Horrible music, especially the battle music. It sounds like the random banging of sticks on rocks.

Successive areas consist of palette-swapped enemies.
>>
>>4022587
the easiest definition for the common usage of meme is probably something like "often repeated without any real basis for it"

so you end up with shit like meme food or meme shows or meme music or meme games and I fucking hate it
>>
the world is truly alien, which i thought was neat.
>>
>>4022810

I think he means it in the sense that it has become "in" to like it or it has otherwise attained a generally accepted status of being good. Ask someone, "Hey, do you like Paladin's Quest?" and the response will be "Hell yeah bro, that game rocks!," despite that person having never played it for more than maybe 15 minutes, if at all. They're just relying on what they've read or heard a YouTuber say; they follow what they think to be the pack's decision on something without ever truly evaluating it for themselves. Sometimes they might have actually tried it and come to their own conclusion but instead parrot the meme-opinion even if they don't fully agree with it. This would obviously link to being inauthentic.
>>
>>4025857
tl;dr STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIIIIIIIIIIIIIKE
>>
>>4022502
It feels like a rpgmaker game honestly, maybe that will hold some appeal if your into those kind of things. Secret of the Stars is probably the worst jrpg on the system but paladin's quest isn't too far off.

It also had a japan only sequel, not sure if that is better or not.
>>
>>4025891
>It also had a japan only sequel, not sure if that is better or not.
it's actually fan translated
>>
>>4022587
>>4022810
>>4025857
meme games mean whatever i dont like is a meme game
>>
File: 1490135433231.jpg (36KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
1490135433231.jpg
36KB, 256x224px
>>4025891
>>4025896
Graphically, the sequel at least looks better.
>>
File: 1494906107635.jpg (24KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1494906107635.jpg
24KB, 500x333px
>>4026037
>mfw read about this and the story
Goddamn what a ride
>>
>>4022502
Dunno, I played it in the 90s and enjoyed it. The visuals were weird as fuck, and the ending sucked ass, but I liked the fighting and the "cast from HP" mechanic. The boss music was cool, and the final fight was kind of awesome, though.
Also mfw when the useless-as-fuck little bro mercenary was recruitable at the end as a fucking powerhouse. Although I liked to use Nails because robots.
>>
>>4028289
I never played this game but that boss battle theme is catchy as fuck.
https://youtu.be/P3FU2NOzUEU
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.