[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is /vr/'s opinion of the Laura Trilogy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: laura-trilogy.jpg (293KB, 1050x300px)
laura-trilogy.jpg
293KB, 1050x300px
What is /vr/'s opinion of the Laura Trilogy?
>>
File: digital-thespian.gif (669KB, 600x345px) Image search: [Google]
digital-thespian.gif
669KB, 600x345px
>>4020398
The whole "digital actress" concept was pretty cringish, but as horror games they were pretty OK at the time.

Kind of laughable now, but not unlike mainstream horror movies from that time are also mostly silly by today's standards
>>
>>4020398
"Enemy Zero" is a stupid title though; it implies the enemy is nonexistent, not invisible. Should have been called Enemy X or something
>>
>>4020398
enemy zero is the only one that's actually scary even though the plot is basically Alien
I don't know what possessed them to make the enemies in D2 go SPLAT when shot, ruins the game tbqh
>>
>>4020398
SPOILERS: D stands for my Dick.
>>
D is cool but it's incredibly short, and definitely overpraised considering it's far from the first game of this kind.

Kenji Eno's legacy, may he rest in peace, of "being innovative" is largely overblown. Enemy Zero is basically D + Resident Evil + Alien : the game, right when survival horror was trendy.

Haven't played D2, but Enemy Zero is the best of the original two that's for sure, but even then it really fails gameplay wise. Play on easy and the game is a cakewalk, and for the entire first part of the game it's possible not to encounter a single enemy. Play on normal and the game becomes incredibly punishing and frustrating.

>>4020428
>even though the plot is basically Alien

Oh, not just the plot. The entire game is literaly Alien except with invisible aliens.

>>4020446
More like Dracula.
>>
>>4020448
D2 is basically enemy zero but actually good
>>
>>4020448
>incredibly punishing and frustrating
the training mode is there for a reason, you know
>>
Was Kenji a waifufag?
>>
>>4020636
all japs are. just look at kojima.
>>
>>4020415
I've never played the game, but I've always thought it akin to "Patient Zero".
>>
>>4020467
This. Enemy Zero and D are pieces of digital art that you need a certain sense to appreciate. On D2, Eno "sold out" and accepted collaboration, used some of the existing conventions etc and actually made a good game. I try hard to appreciate E0 and D, I have both in my physical library but they're just not enjoyable compared to D2 which is one of my favorite games.
>>
>>4020413
Digital actors will be mainstream in the future, just not in ways we thought. Instead of fictional people like Laura and Aki Ross, we're going to have digitized Arnold Schwarzenegger and Tom Cruise in films forever.
>>
>>4021091
Sometimes I hate technology.
>>
E0 is the most interesting concept, D2 is the best game and D is art.
>>
>>4020398

Haven't played this in over 10 years but I remember the last boss of D2 looked like a giant fucking vagina.

Can anyone else confirm?
>>
>>4021610
That was the second to last boss. And yeah, D2 had some amazing boss fights.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.