[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Video Games in Seasons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1485813125464.jpg (49KB, 760x570px) Image search: [Google]
1485813125464.jpg
49KB, 760x570px
Does anyone on /vr/ play a game only in a specific season? Or a specific part in a season only?
I do this with Paper Mario where I begin a new file in the summer and I have to get to chapter 6 before Thanksgiving then I wait until Christmas to play chapter 7 on a snowy day to beat that chapter in the day.
>>
>>4020374
I bet you only post here in a specific season as well
>>
>>4020493
Op here, I'm coming up to my first year here. Also just noticed the spike in seasonal game posts.
>>
>>4020374
I play baseball games more during baseball season, if that counts.
>>
>>4020562
Jeremy?

How did I know you'd be a VR-trooper...

Also, I do too. Mario RPG is my favorite, best to start a game in December and finish off Smithy by April Fool's.
>>
>>4020374

OP...what....why? Whatever makes you happy as long as you're not hurting yourself or anyone but...why?

I usually start up a Paper Mario playthrough when winter starts. Game is maximum cozy.
>>
i do a playthrough of silent hill every autumn
the greyness and general weather really helps to set the mood.
other than that, parasite eve will never not be a "december only" game to me.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
>>4020662
Ok, so long story I'll try to make it as condensed as possible.
>Be me.
>Got Paper Mario for my birthday. (In March)
>First actually RPG I played ( I didn't even get my first Pokemon game until later so I had NO idea what I was doing at the time.)
>Played the fuck out of it all summer.
>Got stuck at Huff n Puff stage near the end of it.
>Stopped playing until midway through the fall.
>Played it again on my Thanksgiving vacation from school.
>Finally had time again to play it and finally beat Huff n Puff on Thanksgiving.
>Next, I got stuck on the snow level.
>Had a snow day from school and played the whole level that day.
>The coziest shit I have ever played especially with the atmosphere.
>Only had one more to go.
>Beat the final chapter on New Years to finally finish out one of my all time favorite games.

Pretty much its kind of my Christmas Story every year and I've been trying to do it more with other games/new games as well. Games like Diddy Kong Racing and Super Mario World are also games I played the shit out of during the summer.
In the end though, Paper Mario has always remained to be my consistent title I always crack out only for those specific occasions and I've gotten so good at the game I know it like the back of my hand. Not to mention chapter 6 reminds me of the fall for some reason with its environment along with chapter 7. Even through college I made an effort to actually do this.
>>
>>4020530
>i've been here since last summer
>>
>>4020374
I used to play a Zelda game every winter break, but I realized I hate Zelda.

I like playing FF7 during summer, since it's easy and that's when my friends in elementary and high school used to play it.
>>
>>4020374
I tend to play whatever I feel like whenever, although I do have this one friend who only has time during the summer, so we play SNES during the summer together. It kind of became our thing to find a game we can play through together every year, something neither of us had played and since neither one of us had a SNES growing up, we find a game we never played and buy it together then play the shit out of it and find all of everything, just us, no interwebs, no guides. Just us trying out stuff we've never done. Both of us were sega nerds growing up, so it works out.
>>
I usually play Christmas NiGHTS around christmas time. I do like the way that it changes things all year around though.
It has become my christmas tradition to play it at least once.
>>
I don't limit my game play to seasons, but I do strongly associate certain games with the season I first played them in. Not really specific parts of the games, though.
>>
>>4023442
That sounds super chill and fun. I might have to do that with a genesis with a buddy of mine once we move in together.
>>
>>4020374
I play a lot of San Andreas during summer.
>>
>>4020374
Chrono Cross and FFX during summer.
Horror games from halloween to february.
>>
>>4023481
Parasite Eve is my Christmas game since it takes place then
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.