[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No idea why this is so hated. World and stage themes are top

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: Donkey Kong Country 3.jpg (460KB, 967x503px) Image search: [Google]
Donkey Kong Country 3.jpg
460KB, 967x503px
No idea why this is so hated. World and stage themes are top notch, music is great, and the bonus barrels are pretty fun to hunt out without ever being obnoxious but the entirety of kaos komplex and its gimmicks can fuck riiiight off, specially the lightning stage and the shield kremling one with hitstun shield pushing. Let's have a DKC thread. Did you enjoy the GBC and GBA games? Hate em? why?
>>
>>4020264
>kaos komplex
meant kaos kore. fuck that place
>>
I don't think anyone hates it, it's just that compared to 2 it's disappointing. All 3 DKC games are really good, but 3 just feels like a step backwards.

Sad as it is to say, I think I would like it better with Dixie and DK rather then Kiddy.
>>
>>4020264
top notch you say? What was the theme, some kind of summer camp? Pretty lame compared to the last two games.

I didn't dislike it but it was just kind of a whatever game with worse character designs. If it wasn't for Dixie Kong on the cover it would be completely off putting.
>>
>>4020264
Retard Kong is my only gripe with it.
>>
File: struggle.gif (154KB, 500x448px) Image search: [Google]
struggle.gif
154KB, 500x448px
>>4020352
The game looks great, specially the environments, but there's some definite cutification going on, which can be a problem if you want those games your mom get you to reflect your urban and sophisticatedly rough lifestyle, as many pre-teens did at the time.

At the end of the day they're still three games about funny monkeys that dress like strippers, but it's kind of funny how noticeable a slight shift in the design style can be.

I didn't mind the visual style or even the enhanced collectathon sensibilites, but I do think the game feels a bit unfocused and messier at times.
>>
Kiddy kong is really gross

>Game is called donkey kong
>cant play as Donkey kong

Fuck rare
>>
File: Donkey_Kong_NES_Screenshot.png (2KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
Donkey_Kong_NES_Screenshot.png
2KB, 256x224px
>>4020387
... Really?
REALLY?!?!?
>>
>>4020264
Most people complain about Kiddy or that each level is a new gimmick. I don't really have and problem with it. Except Poison Pipeline. Whoever came up with the idea to reverse the controls UNDERWATER needs to be curbstomped.

>>4020417
He may not be playable, but at least is is actually in the game.
>>
1 and 2 are better. It's time to get over it, hipster-kun.

That said I agree the game doesn't deserve the hate it gets. People just really dislike Kiddy Kong. Oh, and Canada. Fuck Canada.
>>
Niggas fucked up by not maining kiddy
>>
>>4020264
The game is hop n bop shit. I bought it on its PAL xmas release and it still sucked then. Amazed it doesn't appear as a "hidden gem" on various inane lists that also feature and revere Hagane. Fucking dusgusting
>>
>>4020742

>PAL
>he actually thinks his opinion is valid

What is truly disgusting is that you europeans keep making posts like this when you guys KNOW you got the shitty versions of every game for two decades.
>>
I like DK Land 3. It's the best of the Game Boy games.
>>
>>4020693
But DK is in DKC2 as well.
>>
>>4020693
DK is present in all three games.
>>
File: 1355331549061[1].jpg (20KB, 600x522px) Image search: [Google]
1355331549061[1].jpg
20KB, 600x522px
>>4020764
>>4020794

He's there for all of two minutes.
>>
>>4020264
>No idea why this is so hated
It's coming after 2 very tight games with very appreciated design, music and soundtrack.

>Did you enjoy the GBC and GBA games? Hate em? why?
Those should burn in a fire.
>>
Lightning lookout is easy as fuck bro
>>
>>4020264
>No idea why this is so hated. World and stage themes are top notch, music is great, and the bonus barrels are pretty fun to hunt out without ever being obnoxious but the entirety of kaos komplex and its gimmicks can fuck riiiight off, specially the lightning stage and the shield kremling one with hitstun shield pushing. Let's have a DKC thread. Did you enjoy the GBC and GBA games? Hate em? why?
colors to bright and shiny
poor animations
weird bosses
Babykong
>>
>>4021170
What joke? There was no joke. Just a dude getting called out and then trying to cover his tracks. That's not a joke.
>>
>>4020346
this all day long. kiddy also feels super sluggish. without diddy kong there also is not an element of speed in dk3.
>>
>>4020264
My top gripes with it are kiddy existing and that the music is a downgrade from dkc2

Songs i remember as being truly excellent from 3

>The overworld theme.
> the intro music.
>the pier music from the very first level....
>.....

Dkc 2 music that is excellent.

>hot head bop.
>overworld theme.
>snapjaw's saga.
>stickerbrush 'greatest vidya music eva' symphony
>Mining Melancholy
>jib jig.
>flight of the zinger
>Haunted Chase.

diddy and dixie had a much better dynamic going on then retard kong and dixie.
>>
>>4021241
It's easy if you go slow, if you rush it becomes RNG hell
>>
>>4020756
>UK produced game, developed on PAL systems.
>Playing it in NTSC
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.