[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Legend of Dragoon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: serveimage.jpg (70KB, 640x544px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
70KB, 640x544px
Why didn't this game get a sequel?
>>
It supposedly was going to but got cancelled.
>>
>>4020226
Because we are living in the despair route but if we ask nicely and in great numbers maybe Sony will get off their asses and give us a new one
>>
>>4020226
a sequel back then would've been nice
it would probably be shit if they tried to make it today though
>>
It's average.
>>
>>4020226
Coz it's mediocre. It also didn't sell that well.
>>
>>4020460

It was generally well received and sold reasonably well. It hit a million copies sold world wide back when that meant something
>>
File: Dart_pose2.jpg (686KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Dart_pose2.jpg
686KB, 1600x1000px
>>4020226
According to the guy who made this, a sequel was in development when he left Sony. It was cancelled, however, due to unknown reasons. A shame - with some polish it could've become as big a contender in the RPG genre as Final Fantasy.

Legend of Dragoon is a first-party title, which means they themselves own the IP (which was rare at the time - most of the IPs Sony is known for are "rented", even back then). They know they still have the IP, too.

Pic related still hurts.
>>
Final Fantasy=Halo
Legend of Dragoon=Killzone

Halo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Killzone
Final Fantasy >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Legend of Dragoon
>>
A sequel wouldn't have worked anyway unless they went the Final Fantasy route and have a different cast every game. At which point it may as well be a Final Fantasy title, except instead of magic crystals you have magic balls.

Dragon Campaign prequel never.
>>
Oh hey, I was just replaying this after watching an FF9 speedrun. I played it back in the day but I got stuck at the phantom ship and never continued. Already progressing through disc 3. Been thinking about speedrunning it, but man is it a long game; the current record is eleven and a half hours long.
>>
>>4020475
> It hit a million copies sold world wide back when that meant something

If that's true then it means it sold badly, games of this genre and budget are suppose to sell a million in US alone and 2~4 Million in Japan
>>
>>4022475
Wasn't the requirement to become a PS1 Greatest Hits only 250K copies sold?
>>
Came out at the same time as FFXI. Less good.
>>
>>4022565
Da fuk you smoking? it came out well over 2 years before FF XI.
>>
>>4022475
>suppose to sell a million in US alone and 2~4 Million in Japan
You got those figures in reverse
>>
Because it's awful.
Honestly i think it belongs to Shadow Madness-tier, an absolute clusterfuck of bad design decisions, from terrible shitfest of a combat that tried to steal ideas from FF8 but failed to implement them properly, and to a cliche-ridden story and horrible visuals given that it went out in the same year as, say, Vagrant Story.
>>
>>4022657
So because FF8 had timed hits on the gunblade, that means LoD's combat tried to copy it... okay whatever.
>>
>>4022667
LoD stole timed hits, Renzokuken and GF powerups, remade them in a really shoddy way and built entire combat system around them which made it feel incredibly shallow even by the standards of PS1 jrpgs.
>>
>>4022671
Couldn't you say FF8 stole timed hits from Super Mario RPG then? And hell, I'm sure some other RPG had timed hits even before that game too.
>>
>>4022678
The difference is, FF8 has other character-specific mechanics aside from Renzokuken.
In LoD there's fucking nothing. Barely even a semblance spellcasting because dragoon form sucks ass compared to simple addition spam. Not a single interesting idea.
>>
>>4022681
You're still not convincing me that LoD specifically ripped off FF8.
>>
>>4020226
Because it's not that good and the loyal fanbase it developed came after the game stopped being relevant enough for them to warrant a sequel.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.