[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did they mean by this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Castlevania2_0119.png (3KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
Castlevania2_0119.png
3KB, 256x224px
What did they mean by this?
>>
it's pretty self explanatory
>>
It's a cryptic methaphor for how you shouldn't spam forced memes on bhutanese silk tapestry exhibitions.
>>
It's a threat to keep those fucking rebels from messing with Imperial hardware.
>>
It's a Jedivania
>>
>>4019361
If you look into the death star, you will die.
>>
Ready for this? It's a Fist of the North Star reference. In the original Japanese they say "If you see the star of death, it's all over!"

In Fist of the North Star, if the star of death is above a fight, one of the competitors will die. That's what the line is referencing. With translation room being what it was (they could hold more but they didn't, they fucked up) they reduced it to "Death Star" and beyond that, they just gave up and translated it literally, because no Konami translator in the 80s even knew what Hokuto no Ken was, let alone that it was released in the US as Fist of the North Star.

This is the equivalent today of the guy literally saying "Omiware shinderu" or "ZA WARUDO WRYYYYY"
>>
>>4021093
This kind of seems like you just made it up but I believe it anyway
>>
>>4021328
Well the Fist of the North Star part is correct, no idea if the Castlevania line is intended to reference it tho
>>
>>4021328
>>4021390
I checked with 3 different people who independently translated the game from Japanese, they all say that if it's not a Fist of the North Star reference then it's literally nothing

Which, to be fair, there are a handful of intentionally misleading clues in the game
>>
>>4021093
It's a reference to Japanese myth also referenced in Fist of the North Star.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mizar_and_Alcor#Test_of_eyesight
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.