[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Castelvania General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2

File: 1484981593821.jpg (15KB, 250x235px) Image search: [Google]
1484981593821.jpg
15KB, 250x235px
Discuss your favourite game in the series and rank them.

Mine:SotN>AoS>3>OoE(not retro)>Original
>>
3/Rondo/x68000
1/4/Bloodlines
X/SotN

Haven't played any of the 3D castlevanias or the SotN clones.
>>
>Original Tier
Castlevania

>Hipster Tier
Chronicles

>Old school hipster Tier
Rondo of Blood

>Normie Tier
IV
Symphony of the Night

>Sega Tier
Bloodlines

>Post-millennials who just got into Castlevania through Netflix Tier
Castlevania III

>That guy who actually likes video games Tier
All of them except Amigavania
>>
>>4019279
>Post millenials who just got into Castlevania trough Netflix tier
Can you explaim this to me?
Also is IV worth playing? I've heard lots of mixed opinions about it.
>>
>>4019510
A new Netflix series based on Castlevania III is all over the news in video game sites and youtube channels right now.
>Also is IV worth playing? I've heard lots of mixed opinions about it.
It's one of the most acclaimed from the franchise, but play yourself and find out, the CV fanbase is very, very divisive and many of the opinions you heard were most likely bait.
>>
>>4019279
You forgot

>Hardcore Gamer Tier
Haunted Castle
>>
>>4019279
Strange that we still don't have an image chart
>>
>>4019279
Oh please, you elitist faggots jump from one bogeyman to the next.
>>
>>4019570
>not realizing the satire
>>
>>4019279
nope

>best
III
Rondo of Blood
Akumajou Dracula Sharp

>good
Castlevania
Vampire Killer
Bloodlines
IV
Belmont's Revenge

>okay
II
Adventure
Haunted Castle

>normie tier
SotN
>>
>>4019227
What does the text box say in the morning?
>>
>>4019638

"The morning has vanquished the nightmares", I think.
>>
>>4019227

I only like 1 and 4.
>>
>>4019227
How come nobody ever talks about Curse of Darkness?
>>
>>4020080
Because it's NOT RETRO.
>>
From favorite to most despised of what I've played:

OoE
CV III
PoR
CotM
AoS
CV1
SotN

POWER GAP

Legends

POWER GAP

CV2
HoD
>>
>>4020267

Oh fuck I forgot Bloodlines

Put that under CotM
>>
The best are irrefutably III and SOTN. The only people that dispute it are hipsters furious that those are the most popular.
>>
>>4020294

Nah

III is one of the best, but I really feel like almost every SotN clone made after it did it better.

Except Dissonance.
>>
>>4019794
No, I mean what would it say in the context of the photoshop in OP's picture?

"The morning sun has vanquished the horrible frog posters?"
>>
File: 1483163489790.png (116KB, 480x336px) Image search: [Google]
1483163489790.png
116KB, 480x336px
ITT: "SotN sucks" hipsters.

Bunch of caveman faggots.

Also Rondo > Dracula X.
>>
>>4020338
Metroidvania is shit, deal with it.
>>
>>4020341
>Implying Super Metroid is shit.

Sorry I'm not so insecure that I need to hold onto what little "retro originality" I have to be different and feel special.

SotN is an incredible fun game unless you are a scumfuck.
>>
>>4020347
SotN isn't incredible, you are just confused by its good aesthetics and music. The map is composed 99% of flat corridors with braindead monsters scattered throughout and you spend most of the game wandering around searching for the next thing to obtain. If you think that that's good design, you're a retard.
>>
>>4020353
Completely oversimplifying the entire game.

Seriously, enjoy being the edgy, crotchety "true retro gamer" we all wish we could be. Your CRTs and affinity for vertical shmups solidify your coolness.
>>
>>4020294
no, SOTN and IGA shit ruined the series
>>
>>4020353
This. Love the art/music in SotN but the gameplay is empty.
>>
>>4019227
X68000>3>Rondo>Bloodlines>Rebirth>1>4>Belmont's Revenge>Haunted Castle>>>>>>>>>SOTN>II>Legends>Adventure>IGA shit
>>
>>4019227
I'm about to play CV3 for this first time but it would be on a shitty sanyo hd crt. I'm debating whether or not to hold off until I find a decent set up since time and money are if no concern to me atm, but on the other hand I really want to play this game!
>>
>god tier
bloodlines
III
SOTN

>"hurr durr i worship the james rolfe gaming bible" tier
IV
>>
>>4020781
Do you seriously hate a game because someone who you don't like thinks its the best in the series?
>>
>>4020803

Welcome to /vr/.

I liked IV.
>>
>>4019227
You've got the most insipid taste one could ever hope to achieve.
>>
>>4020645
>gameplay is empty

As opposed to every other Castlevania game that has such deep, complex gameplay? They're all "hit the monsters that move in a predictable fashion with your weapon while jumping over obstacles". That's Castlevania. What more were you expecting
>>
>>4021279
Levels that actually dick you over and enemies that take more to kill than just one-shotting them from the other side of the room, for starters.

SotN and its ilk were made for the "next generation" of gamers who can't take arcade-like challenge.
>>
You can't beat castlevania 4
>>
>>4021331
sure you can dude, the game's not hard
>>
>>4021345
I meant their isn't a game better then castlevania 4
>>
>>4021294
If you're killing enemies in one hit from across the room in Symphony, then you've either stumbled upon a broken weapon/spell or you're intentionally trying to break the game. If you want it to be harder use a different weapon or don't use spells. I'll never understand why people insist on the devs forcing difficulty on them.
>>
>>4021356
I bet you defend the cape in SMW too?

We shouldn't have to impose arbitrary rules on ourselves to make a game challenging; if an item / spell is op that is strictly a poor / overlooked design flaw in the game. Now that's not to say games shouldn't have badass weapons/items/spells, but the player should have to do a little but of work or luckily stumble upon it, not make it readily available for all.
>>
>>4021384
I should have prefaced that post with "not that anon but..."

I love both SMW and CV4 btw, just wish they were a little more challenging.
>>
>>4021356
>I'll never understand why people insist on the devs forcing difficulty on them.
totally, I play SOTN blindfolded for maximum challenge, best game ever lol
>>
>>4021393
I also wasn't that anon and I wrongly worte CV4, I meant to say SOTN.
Anyway, I'm just sick of people posing as hardcore gamers online bashing good games for being "2ez", sorry if it isn't your case.
>>
>>4021402
Everyone agrees SotN is a casual game. Quit whining. If the only Castlevania you can enjoy is SotN, good for you, but don't act like your opinion is superior to anybody else's who prefers the Classic-style formula.
>>
>>4021417
No, I actually prefer the classic style, I just got triggered because you mentioned SMW cape.
I don't really compare classic to SOTN because they're too different. The only one close to SOTN of the classic series is CVII, but II still has more emphasis on platforming, on SOTN you can never lose because you missed a jump.
>>
>>4020645
>gameplay is empty
Design is shit but gameplay isn't empty, which is why it is so infuriating.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.