[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are /vr/'s thoughts on Harry Hedgehog?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: HarryHedgehog.png (9KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
HarryHedgehog.png
9KB, 256x224px
What are /vr/'s thoughts on Harry Hedgehog?
>>
>>4019076
GOTTA GROW FAST
>>
Did Sega have any parodies of Mario in their games? I know that along with Harry there was also that spinning blue hedgehog from DKC2 to reference Sonic
>>
>>4019107
Astal had an unused Mario sprite. Alex Kidd on Shinobi World was supposed to have a Mario parody, Mari-o.
>>
>>4019076
And 18 years later:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKknbEJHJgA
>>
File: SMB2u.png (11KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
SMB2u.png
11KB, 400x400px
>>4019107
>>4019132
>>4019140
Harry Hedgehog was just a homage to one of the enemies from SMB2, Porcupo. This was before Sonic.
>>
File: 1477245156308.jpg (46KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1477245156308.jpg
46KB, 720x480px
>>4019145
Why did Yoshi's Island take so many enemies and concepts from Doki Doki Panic?
>>
>>4019154
Did you know ... ? Yadayadayada..
>>
>>4019145
Oh right, I completely forgot about that guy. I just put two and two together after looking at his title and color and assumed it was a Sonic reference.
>>
File: SMW_BackDoor.png (7KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
SMW_BackDoor.png
7KB, 256x224px
>>4019154
It also used enemies and concepts from Super Mario World. At the same time, SMW also used enemies from SMB2 (Pokeys, Ninjis).
I guess the devs, who probably also worked on the past games, wanted to give some love to old friends that were almost forgotten.
Harry doesn't seem to be the same as Porcupo though, but similar enough.
>>
>>4019169
>Harry doesn't seem to be the same as Porcupo though, but similar enough.
Actually I just checked, the japanese name of Harry in the japanese version is Super Porcupo, so yeah.
>>
>>4019169
Shy Guys are great, so I'm glad Yoshi kept them alive.
>>
>>4019107
>there was also that spinning blue hedgehog from DKC2 to reference Sonic
No, that was a cat o 9 tails, it was a cat.
There was a sonic reference in it on the cranks video game heroes screen though, it had sonic's shoes next to a trash can with "no hopers" written next to it
>>
>>4019167
I'm sure that most of us thought it was a Sonic reference; there are not that many famous blue hedgehogs in games.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.