[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Games you played as a kid but forgot what they were called

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 11

File: 1111111111.png (3KB, 316x158px) Image search: [Google]
1111111111.png
3KB, 316x158px
1. A DOS puzzle game (possibly a port from Amiga or whatever) where you control a pic related stick figure dude and have to grab and throw blocks that travel diagonally and bounce off walls in order to hit the corresponding static blocks on the level.
2. Some kind of top-down exploration/space combat game for DOS where you start with pic related small ship, travel around, land on planets, but more weapons/ships, etc. Played it for only a day before my PC got bricked and dad lost the CD, so a lot of details may be off.
>>
>>4018742

dont remember the name of the first one, but it was on one episode of Ross game dungeon
>>
Boppin':
https://youtu.be/x4gyUdnx8cY
>>
>>4018742
it was a little red devil thingy (like messiah but bigger) and you could use fire with it
>>
>>4018742
Anyone knows the name of that game where you were a blue blob or something and you could absorb stuff?
>>
There was this really bizarre DOS point and click adventure game with British voice acting and terrible MS Paint art. All I remember is talking to a big green snake, possibly near a bridge.
>>
>>4018774
Super Putty and Putty Squad
>>
>>4018813
thanks lad
>>
>>4018798

Remembering more about this game now... your guy was a yellow dude with a pointed hat and no arms, and you had to drag him around. At one point you used a diamond with a skull? It was a shareware game around 1998.
>>
>>4018742
Dude I fuckin' loved Boppin' as a kid
>>
>>4018896
I loved how surreal it was. In retrospect though, it looks like they just downloaded a bunch of random Windows 3.1 icon packs and decided to make a game out of them.
>>
>>4018761
>>4018896
>>4018952
Thanks, I'll give it a try later.
I'm pretty convinced game #2 was some kind of bootleg game made by amateur developers from one of European countries. I've asked hundreds of murrican oldschool gamers about it and none had an idea what that game could've been. I got it in a gaming store bundled together with Tyrian v1.0, some ice hockey game and something else I haven't had a chance of trying.
>>
A fighting game for a 16bit console where you can play as someone with a purple cloack.
>>
File: EC16.png (35KB, 320x224px) Image search: [Google]
EC16.png
35KB, 320x224px
>>4019109
Eternal Champions?
>>
It was a platform sharware game where you were a guy in stripes (i think) navigating grey blocky world and shooting stuff. It had a mechanic where you could toggle camera so you could play it like top down game or FPS game depending on which would be the most convenient for given situation.

Also there was old shareware multiplayer space shooter where you could fly inside an asteroid and dig tunnels much like minecraft.
>>
PS1 game where you controlled a spaceship in third person and it was inside a giant electronic tunnel where you had to avoid obstacles.
>>
A really good 3D centipede clone that had ice zones, lava zones, forest zones but it isnt the actual centipede sequel since it looked completely different and came on one of those obscure PC multi-game discs.
>>
An old edutainment adventure game they had on old PCs in the UK, where you would travel around a map and explore mayan ruins.
>>
>>4020616
I remember the game having a lot of green color, and I think the game came in a black chunky plastic case.
>>
>>4020606
This game is Nanotek Warrior
>>
File: solar-winds-galaxy_8.png (4KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
solar-winds-galaxy_8.png
4KB, 300x200px
>>4018742
For #2, is it Solar Winds?
>>
A very muted grey/brown rpg of some sort for ps1 (or early ps2)
One of the first weapons you can get is a butcher knife, and the beginning of the game is very mountainous
>>
Was there a game like G-Police (or anything with a black helicopter) on the PS2? It was third-person
>>
>>4020542
It was. Than you!
>>
It was a math game with a knight where you could get fish as a reward. We had a computer with ms dos. It would be fun to see what it looked like.
>>
File: 1492756520354.jpg (88KB, 799x782px) Image search: [Google]
1492756520354.jpg
88KB, 799x782px
UHHH, I'm getting mad over this. I started with emulation almost 10 years ago, yet I never couldn't find it. I guessed I would find it eventually. It didn't work. Yesterday, under large nostalgia feeling, I put up all-nighter to finally find it. I am quite proud of my googlejutsu... but it didn't work ;-;

Well, let's get to main topic then. It was C64 game, standard 2D platformer walking from left to right. I'm pretty sure background was always black, colours were darker in general. Main character... I think it had round helmet? When I was a kid, I thought it's resembling Marvin the Martian? I bet this is red herring though. Another thing I remember, one stage with yellowish pillars. It was kinda hard to land them, you had only these thin pillars to make jumps. I think there was some basic shooty attack.

Thanks in advance, /vr/.
>>
You're a space marine on mars and have to travel to hell to conquer your doomed fate.

I think it was like a 1995 ish game
>>
Talking about C64, there was a C64 game I played as a kid that I can't remember. It was a helicopter game similar to Raid on Bungeling Bay, but it wasn't Raid on Bungeling Bay.
>>
>>4021572
Bro, isn't that Doom? Doom III is your best bet. Eventually, Quake.
>>
It was an MMORPG from like 2000. It was 3D and I remember I made an elf character and started in a city in the trees or something.
>>
some dos game with 16 or maybe 256 colors ,
turn based, 3d first person, point and click ,
you have a laser,
there was a...building and an... outside,
lol
>>
>you can play as a zeppelin or a plane
>great music
>bosses with multiple parts
>genesis

and
>you're superman
>you play as different supermans
>could be genesis or snes
>you can play as darkseid?
>>
>>4021941
First one is Steel Empire.
>>
>>4021575
Thunder Blade?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36WQnnX_rQs
>>
>>4021560
Dan dare?
>>
Asking this killed the last thread. Let's see if I can't pull off a double whammy

It was a space shmup for DOS. The MC and other characters were all furries, cat furries I think. I remember the story being that this nasty alien race called "humans" came out of nowhere and started invading shit.
>>
>>4021941
Death and Return of Superman?
>>
File: gaem.png (11KB, 789x474px) Image search: [Google]
gaem.png
11KB, 789x474px
Posted this in the last thread: You fly spaceships/hovercrafts on planets in space, like Jupiter and Saturn's moons like Europa or some shit. It's either first or third person, but there's a versus mode. I think the skyboxes were generally dark starry space on the maps, but yeah. It was on the N64, I'm pretty sure. I can't seem to find the game even when googling "N64 space games."

Not a sidescroller as my badly drawn pic depicts. Not top down either. Just either first or third person spaceship stuff.
>>
>>4023658
is there any chance that this is it?

https://youtu.be/UTcZ80Y0_Ig?t=364
>>
>>4023692
edit: skip to the 6minute mark
>>
>>4023658
Possibly Wipeout64?
>>
File: 2160_JurassicPark.jpg (44KB, 300x367px) Image search: [Google]
2160_JurassicPark.jpg
44KB, 300x367px
A Jurassic Park game for Windows 98 or so. It kinda played like an SRPG but it had larger maps that focused more on exploring/solving puzzles than combat. You had a team of maybe 4 or 5 explorers, not sure if they had specific skills that each was good at.
One guy would constantly say "Hey that's custom" when you gave him a command.
>>
>>4023696
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yt7zSqtUdLk
Lost World: Chaos Island? Where you sorta build shit and explore around with a couple of characters and/or dinos? I vaguely remember having played it, just searching for it sent me on a nostalgia trip whether it's what you're looking for or not.
>click on bald guy who dies in movie
>says "didn't I die? In the movie, in the movie I died" if you click on him enough times
I'm not sure if that's a product of my memory or imagination at age 10 but I can hear the line in my head.
>>
>>4023705
Nice, that's it. Thanks.
>>
>>4021572
How do you not know the name of doom, that shit is absurdly iconic
>>
>>4022375
Sorry, no. The game was strictly from left to right, played out pretty much like mario.
>>
File: Side-scrolling shoot 'em up.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Side-scrolling shoot 'em up.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
i'm looking for this old videomage
2d (spaseship) side-scrolling shoot 'em up
i just remember the main theme:
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdI1tVRjQoY
>pic related, that's the spaceship
>>
>>4028114
Could it be Sol-Deace/Sol-Feace?
>>
>>4023628
Interpose.
>>
>>4028685
>Interpose
that's the one, thanks a lot
>>
>>4018742
There was a game I had on ps1, it was third person and the character was blocky even for ps1 standards. Possibly made out of blocks. The level I remember was more of a maze (like screensaver tier) with the occasional platforming. Very grey, but iirc the character was yellow. Occasionally you would beat up equally blocky and yellow characters. No textures on them really, just solid colors. Same as you. The maze level (might of been the whole game) also had water in it that you could fall into, I think.

My memory is hazy at best but I went through the ps1 game list and still could not find this game. Wasn't very good, but it bothers me I can't remember the name.
>>
File: 1416456582250.gif (97KB, 201x255px) Image search: [Google]
1416456582250.gif
97KB, 201x255px
My first lost memory is an 3/4 isometric shooter where you played as some kind of alien. You could do all sorts of rolls, and shoot lots of robots. The graphics were pre-rendered sprites.

This one is a long shot, but I'm looking for a game that came on a DOS (or Windows?) mega game pack with a name something like "5000 DOS Games". The game itself was sort of like drug wars except you were part of a mafia, with gameplay sequences where you entered a building/warehouse from a top-down view and could navigate around boxes, maybe push them around, and could push enemies.
>>
File: Goody.png (14KB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
Goody.png
14KB, 320x200px
It took me over a decade to find this one; I finally found a Windows 95 remake installed on a very old computer.
>>
>>4018763
Gift? Game for pc and ps2?
>>
NES game where you go into dungeons to collect triangles
>>
File: 1488474800511.png (73KB, 201x226px) Image search: [Google]
1488474800511.png
73KB, 201x226px
>>4028721
thanks anon, you are the best
>>
>>4028114
I take a wild guess and say Uridium
>>
>be at relative's house when I was a kid in the early 90's
>relative was showing my dad a computer game
>my dad kept telling me to leave because it wasn't for kids, but I kept sneaking in and watching anyway
>cutscene where a camera flies by and you see a bunch of spooky stuff, the only thing that I remember is a snake with the head of a bearded man with a turban
>it ends with a live-action scene of a woman waking up in bed suddenly like she just had a bad dream
>after a few moments of hyperventilating, a metal mask type thing slams over her face and only her eyes are visible
>gameplay part was some kind of live-action FMV point-and-click thing
>only other part I remember seeing was a woman being stuck in the floor between the upper and ground floors of a barn
>>
>>4028695
Was wrong about how the characters looked. Turns out its Tobal No. 1.
>>
>>4030041
Phantasmagoria, my dude.
>>
>>4030938
THANK YOU I see people talk about that game all the time, never knew that's what it was.
>>
File: javagame.png (14KB, 562x436px) Image search: [Google]
javagame.png
14KB, 562x436px
Can anybody help me with this old java game for mobiles?

You need to stack falling geometric pieces and build up a tower, and there are angels and demons flying around it.
>>
>>4026357

I'm sure it was a joke...look at what he wrote.
>>
A Japanese top down adventure game. Played similarly to Illusion Of Gaia. Not sure if it was in same series though.
>>
>>4037175
Also it was on SNES
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.