[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

good game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 8

File: 250px-Vagrantstorybox.jpg (24KB, 250x248px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Vagrantstorybox.jpg
24KB, 250x248px
good game
>>
>>4018056
Prove it.
>>
>>4018060
the list http://vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/PlayStation
>>
>>4018056
Agreed. 10/10 atmosphere, story and music.

Gameplay was pretty solid too. I liked all the box puzzles and the many options for building and dissembling weapons and armor. Weapon crafting almost became a game in itself...
>>
>>4018056
bad thread

At least try to start a discussion.
>>
>grey and brown
>pushing boxes
>none of the complex gameplay mechanics actually serve to increase fun

I tried several times, but this one's just not for me. Honestly one of the few games I would give a 1/10
>>
>>4018056
love it, but I wish more of it took place above the ground
>>
>>4018056
Is it though? *Is it?*
>>
It's beautiful and atmospheric, but the gameplay is a mess.

You spend way too much time pushing boxes, and way too much time wading through crafting and inventory menus.

On top of that, despite having a ridiculous number of possibilities for weapons and armor, there are really only a very small number of viable strategies for most of the major encounters.
>>
>>4018056
Indeed
>>
>>4018056
No.
>>
>>4018056
Thoroughly enjoyed Vagrant Story more than expected, especially the writing and atmosphere and risk system.
>>
Vagrant Story is the game that taught me that Squaresoft wasn't infallible, and they in fact could do wrong.
>>
>>4018684
that was Xenogears for me
awful "game"
>>
>>4018056
Awesome game. I replay it annually.
>>
File: 1070855-vagrant.jpg (258KB, 655x1009px) Image search: [Google]
1070855-vagrant.jpg
258KB, 655x1009px
Fucking shit, everything is BROWN, the targeting system is a pointless mess, the inventory is a clunky disaster and the affinity garbage is so broken they literally put fucking defenseless dummies in the game so you can just stand around and grind affinity points. Utterly ridiculous.
>>
File: seinfeld1.jpg (32KB, 442x480px) Image search: [Google]
seinfeld1.jpg
32KB, 442x480px
>>4018847
And what's the deal with that guys hair?
>>
>>4018847
What's a good Squaresoft game?
>>
>>4018847
>this faggot
>being this mad at a game
It's all that frustrated virgin energy.
>>
>>4018180
This
I love Vagrant Story, but I wish there was more stuff like wooded areas, lakes, ect.
That place with the marionettes still gives me the creeps.
>>
>>4018876
Racing Lagoon and Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon are my favorites. I wouldn't be so pissed at VS if it was more like the later or like Erghiez's dungeon.
>>
>>4018056
Top tier enemy and sound design
Great translation
This game is dripping with atmosphere
I also enjoyed being able to target individual limbs for different effects and chaining was fun.
Top in it's class game.
>>
>>4018909
>Top in it's class game
and that class is....?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (98KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
98KB, 1920x1080px
>>4018890
yeah the undercity is spoopy
the first encounter with the harpy also creeped me out
>>
File: 1420397643634.jpg (11KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
1420397643634.jpg
11KB, 236x236px
>>4018882
>oh shit I can't refute any of these points, better fempost!
>>
>>4018921
The class that triggers you the most, fag.
>>
>>4018979
I like vagrant story. I was wondering what class it is.
>>
>>4018942
>le smug animu girl
>the irony
No sense in refuting the REEEEEEing of a frothing autist that never played the game.
>>
>>4018986
Class of February 2000
>>
>>4018987
Another anon here. While his post was low quality, I agree everything in this game looked like brown mud, and inventory management time left much to be desired.
>>
>>4018994
Fair enough
>>
>>4018992
The Sims were better in that class.
>>
File: 1367784438764.jpg (21KB, 219x234px) Image search: [Google]
1367784438764.jpg
21KB, 219x234px
>>4018987
>very specific complaints
>never played the game

VS fanboys are so hilariously in denial
>>
>>4018987
/vr/ has turned to shitposting central for awhile now. Don't let it get to you, fag. Ok?
>>
>>4019000
>Ramzah, what did you get?
>>
>>4019002
Some polish dudes made a new chan that bans shitposting:
Maybe we should move there?
I'ts kind of desolate now but had lots of movement before reforms 1 week ago.
https://mrumu.com/games/index.html
>>
>>4018998
Naw
>>
>>4019008
Ok
>>
>>4019008
>>4019012
Ok, let's try it out. I made the same thread there( but tailored to better standards)
>>
>>4018909
Would have been better if this played during the fights, fag.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3d355Q8cCI
>>
File: toshelis-4.png (9KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
toshelis-4.png
9KB, 256x224px
>>4019018
AAH YAA DAAAH EYYYYY
>>
>>4018847
>Fucking shit, everything is BROWN

So was TO:LUCT, but the spell effects were cool. You know what's really brown and shit? Fallout games and Baldur's Gate.
>>
>>4019008
>Some polish dudes made a new chan that bans shitposting:
>/Pol/es

Why would i wanna post for slavic russian tv addicts who hate our freedoms? I only care about /vr/
>>
>>4018056
The only thing I don't really like about Vagrant Story are the box puzzles and that fucking lost woods level. One of my favorite games otherwise.
>>
>>4018056
I could never get into it
>>
The only thing you can really blame this game for is the very slow moving through the menues and some very lengthy animations, especially spells. Enemies that debuff make the fights way longer than they should be.
>>
>>4018847
>judging games on the color you remember them being

everything was not brown just fyi
>>
>>4018056
Yep, it's a good game, OP.
>>
>a game that redditor millennials can't handle

it's great
>>
I remember playing it on my PS2 because it was one of the PS1 games that most benefited from the texture enhancement and faster loading options.

I rented it for a week and it just wasn't for me. I tried making some weapons that I thought were amazing and then they did zippy damage to anything. It's not a bad game and people who enjoy it really liked it, but I just didn't have any fun playing it.
>>
>>4018056
It's indeed a good game, but not for newfriends.

The various mechanics in the game and lack of a handholding tutorial makes it harder to get into than most retro games and ALL newer games. So the average gamer will play it for awhile, get asspained because of "menus" (because they don't into hot keys, I guess) and generally rant because they don't understand this and that.

I'll admit, I did 't get the game at first either, but then I decided to play it more like an action game, rather than an RPG, and that lead to me being able to understand the game much better. And having more fun too.

The best way to play it, in my experience, is to not over think the various systems and such. Just use them. Kind of like how of you're playing DMC, but instead of just doing a combo, you fret over it endlessly, over think it and then fuck it up. You can do that in VS as well. Just not exactly the same kind of thing. Know what I mean?

Don't over think it, explore the chain abilities, don't put too much emphasis on customising anything early on, the targeting system is generally logical, but can be ignored for generic encounters if it's too much for you and etc.
As for magic, use the hot key shortcuts for fuck sakes...
Same goes for items.

Simplify how you play the game anons. It gets more complex later, but by then you should have a grasp on things.
>>
>>4020790
>a game that redditor millennials can't handle
Only millies that play /vr/ are flithy hipsters and collector shilling scum.
>>
So this is Japanese Diablo, right?
At least that's how it felt to me back in the day. Haven't played it in over a decade....
>>
>>4018056

Vagrant Story and Xenogears are both games you need to play in their prime to full enjoy and appreciate. Tried playing both 5+ years after they released and could not enjoy either enough to finish them.
>>
>>4021323
not really, I can play through VS anytime, even if you suck at it you can finish the game in 25 hours
Xenogears was unplayable garbage to me back when it was first released
it was so bad I didn't even get to the second disc when it supposedly gets even worse
>>
>>4021293
no, this is nothing like diablo, unfortunately
>>
Good game
>>
File: craaaaaaaaaaabs.gif (136KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
craaaaaaaaaaabs.gif
136KB, 640x480px
Awful repetitive game but can be fixed with gameshark.
>>
>>4019393
>TO:LUCT
what, that game had a very rich color palette.
>>
Show us your weapon setups OP
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.