[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just started playing this for the first time to see what all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Mega_Man_X_Coverart.png (101KB, 256x189px) Image search: [Google]
Mega_Man_X_Coverart.png
101KB, 256x189px
Just started playing this for the first time to see what all the fuss is about. Beaten 3 bosses so far. How important are those hearts you see mid-level? Does the game become impossible if you don't collect them? Are you supposed to play through the same level multiple times?
>>
You can get by without the hearts but they sure help a lot, you have to git pretty gud to beat the game without at least a couple. You don't have to play through the entire level when you go back - once you beat it once, you can pause and go to 'esc' to quit the level and keep your rewards.
>>
>>4015582
The hearts help a lot. Don't forget the four E-Tanks. There's also a few hidden abilities or items

The game isn't too hard but the final boss is a complete asshole
>>
>>4015589
>You don't have to play through the entire level when you go back - once you beat it once, you can pause and go to 'esc' to quit the level and keep your rewards.
that's good to know, thanks
>>
Subtanks are more important than hearts tbqh
>>
the game should be easy as fuck even without collecting any upgrades
>>
>>4015617
this is fucking wrong, sigma with no hearts / etanks / upgrades is complete bullshit
>>
>>4015619
only if you don't git gud
>>
Just play the game and enjoy the ride.
If you go to the ice stage, you will get a mandatory upgrade for dashing. With that new ability you can go back and find new stuff in levels you've already beaten.
Take your time and explore levels you've already cleared.
>>
>>4015619
Sigma has an easy pattern. The only issue is that the final Sigma can kill you super easily.

Reallly every single sigma has a super exploitable pattern. That's just a Mega man X thing.
>>
>>4015717

Its been a while, but iirc final form sigma in X1 kills you in two hits with no upgrades. Imo hardest sigma battle from X1-X4.

T. someone who has played the games too much and has done buster only no weakness no upgrades/subtanks.
>>
I think Garou Sigma is way more difficult than the other bosses.t
Then again i always got the Hadouken so i pretty much one shoted the Doggo and Jedi Sigma before the final form. I never landed a Hadouken while standing on one of the claws. Anyone did?
>>
>>4016305
>Garou Sigma
What is this weeb shit? Why not call it wolf sigma?
>>
>>4016305
Hado doesn't work on final sigma. He can only be damaged by rolling shield and full charged buster shots.
>>
>>4016421
Yes it does, watch a speedrun
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.