[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what was the comfiest way to hold the N64 controller?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: 22.png (421KB, 250x654px) Image search: [Google]
22.png
421KB, 250x654px
what was the comfiest way to hold the N64 controller?
>>
>>4015209
Putting it down and buying a PSX.

Almost all the good games use option 1
>>
>>4015213
Almost all the games period use option 1.
>>
Y'know, that Dpad fucking sucked.
>>
What games even used the second example?
>>
File: bangaio.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
bangaio.webm
3MB, 640x480px
Most of the games used the right position.
But lately I've been replaying Bangai-O on the N64 and this time I played it using the left position (move with d-pad, shoot in 8 directions with the 3D stick - this actually works great!), fire missiles with Z and change pilot with L.
Before I played it using the gamepad position (move with D pad, shoot with C-buttons in 8 directions, fire missiles with R and change with L). I tried the left position a bit before and it felt weird, but now I don't think I'll go back, I love the left position for this game. In fact, reading the manual, they recommend the left position as the optimal one, as the game was designed around it, even though you can choose 3 other ways to use it.
>>
>>4015221

One minigame in Pokemon stadium.

God that was a stupid idea.
>>
>>4015209

Held the controller like the bottom pic except I used the thumb of my left hand on the analog stick.
>>
>>4015218
Why? It's basically a SNES d-pad.
Pro tip: for most people the N64 d-pad will feel a bit clunky, that's because very few games used the d-pad on the N64.
Try to find a brand-new, never used SNES pad and it will also feel weird.
Give it some use and over time it'll feel like every other Nintendo d-pad.
>>
>>4015221
Goldeneye Solitaire Controls
very similar to keyboard / mouse setup
>>
>>4015221
Turok had it as an option.
>>
File: 1484693846584.png (229KB, 480x345px) Image search: [Google]
1484693846584.png
229KB, 480x345px
>>4015209
>>
>>4015248
I see Goro grew some extra fingers.
>>
>>4015228
I'm trying to debate whether this or Option 1 is superior for most n64 games.
>>
>>4015230
Hmmm, alright. That makes sense.
>>
>>4015209

Top row.

The L button and D pad were never not useless in the games I had.
>>
>>4015209
literally only ever my controller in Picture 1, i honestly cant think of a game where i would hold in picture 2, please enlighten
>>
>>4015312
Some were already mentioned.

Sin and Punishment is another game with left-position.
>>
>>4015228
>>4015262
How did you press Z?
>>
>>4015343

Middle finger.
>>
>>4015209
The right way. You'd know what that means if you used one.
>>
Because there is only 1 analog stick, It is designed to change hands between useing stick to walk by lefthand or to move camera by righthand .ps duals hock is better but it have charm in itself.when I use dualshock play n64 emulate is not fun like original.
>>
>>4015209
Forth options, hold it like option 3 but use the joystick instead of the d-pad with your left thumb, shits cash yo.
>>
>>4015221
B should be the default option for something like Doom 64. WASD is fine as digital but right stick should be analog.
>>
I'm sick of the dumb memes about the n64 controller. Shit made sense as a kid: the style used was completely dependent on the game.
>>
>>4015781
>>4015410
It was dumb. The Playstation controller was, and is, much better at doing everything the N64 controller does. Whenever I emulate I only use a PS controller, with C buttons on the right analog. It's much more versatile having all of the buttons available at all times rather than having to switch positions to access some of them.
>>
>>4015209
pretty sure this controller made my hands bigger desu
>>
>>4015829
>The Playstation controller was, and is, much better at doing everything the N64 controller does

Except the precision on the dualshock sticks fall short compared to the N64's.
Also, a second stick isn't a proper replacement for having 6 face buttons.
>>
File: ps1pad.jpg (35KB, 800x553px) Image search: [Google]
ps1pad.jpg
35KB, 800x553px
>>4015829
>>4016109
There's probably less PS1 games that use the right analog stick than N64 games that use the left position, now that I think about it.
When I think about PS1, I think of the original pad, non-dualshock. DS came out in 1998 and many games used the left analog but it was just mapped from the d-pad, most games didn't have proper analog controls, only a handful of games utilized the dualshock like Ape Escape.
Also, I never quite liked the positions of the sticks, or their mushroom shape.
>>
Everyone knows analog stick of dual shock is not best.
Specifically, the position of analog stick.
N64 SS DC GC XBOX 360 one put analog stick above left thumb because it better.
>>
This controller is horrible, specially if you are a handlet
>>
>>4016109
Too bad the C-buttons were never really used as face buttons. Most games gave them secondary uses, like camera controls or item options, not controls that need to be repeated like the A and B buttons. I can't comment on the accuracy, since I haven't used an N64 controller in awhile, but I don't have much problem playing games on the PS and PS2 with them.

>>4016127
Yeah, since most games on the PS were made with the original controller in mind most games didn't utilize it. It wasn't until the PS2 when it was standardized that every game started using them.
>Also, I never quite liked the positions of the sticks, or their mushroom shape.
The left can be kind of strange to use I admit, since you kind of finger it sideways. As far as the shape goes I've been liking the DS4 for emulating. The ring is a nice addition.
>>
>>4015352
oh.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.