[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is this game, /vr/ ? I love me some Banjo but this game seems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: donkeykong64.jpg (68KB, 500x431px) Image search: [Google]
donkeykong64.jpg
68KB, 500x431px
How is this game, /vr/ ?
I love me some Banjo but this game seems to get a bad rap from what I've heard/read.

Redpill me, fuckers.
>>
>>4013773
you will cry if you enjoyed snes episodes
>>
>>4013773
>redpill me on x

get real tired of people not doing their research
>>
>>4013773
There's too much to collect, collecting it gets tedious because of character specific rules, and beating all 4 levels of the original DK arcade on one life is required to beat the game, which is more annoying than fun.
>>
>>4013775
The SNES originals are some of my all time favorites so this worries me.
>>
>>4013791
those were also my childhood games, was so hyped for the new kong on the fucking 64 bits, i cried bloody tears
>>
It's okay, but there's nothing here that isn't done better in other games and it gets a little boring at places
>>
>>4013773
it's the final form of collect-a-thons
>>
>>4013773
playing it in 1999 was amazing. now its aged like milk. The nostalgia is good tho.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRKuP3T6Igw
one of Rare last great games.
>>
I completed DK64 but I never bothered to even finish Banjo-Kazooie, don't know why.

I love that it includes the original arcade Donkey Kong.
>>
It's ok. It's 20 hours of re-entering stages to pick up bananas with different characters. The island hub is kind of fun though.
>>
>>4013773
>bad rap
i don't think so
>>
>>4013776
What do you expect from people using a Reddit meme?
>>
>>4013773
it's pretty damn fun
should satisfy your autism quite well
>>
>>4013909
>aged
Kill yourself
>>
File: i.4cdn.org 1473638953732.gif (1MB, 300x223px) Image search: [Google]
i.4cdn.org 1473638953732.gif
1MB, 300x223px
>>4013984
I nearly spat out my tea you fuck
>>
Would be a lot better if any Kong could pick up any collectible.

Why in gods name are they going to leave me a trail of bananas that only Diddy can pick up, but the trail leads to a room with a puzzle that only Donkey Kong can solve, a coin that only Lanky can pick up, and a balloon that only Chunky can shoot?

Fuck that mess.

Ignoring the shitty collecting system it's a Rareware Solid.
>>
i was just flipping through magazines from back then and DK64 was well received.
I don't know when did people start shitting on it, probably when the term "collecthaton" became a thing on the internet.
>>
>>4015281
Then again, magazines were always paid by Nintendo. If you go on gamefaqs and look up reviews of the time of release they won't be nearly as kind.
>>
>>4015309
>Then again, magazines were always paid by Nintendo.
Nah, this was a local (Argentina) magazine called Next Level and they were more like sony/pc guys, but they liked DK64.
>>
>>4013773
It's not as bad as people say it is. There's a shitload of collectibles but they are all mostly easy to find and get, apart from a couple minigames. You also don't need all the collectibles, I think only 50% from each world?

Kazooie>>DK64>>>>Tooie
>>
>>4013773

It's pretty good, it's feels more devoid of life and barren, but it's still a solid game despite that

Just go ahead and play
>>
>bad rap

Great pun
>>
It's taking a collectathon too far. It wouldnt've been so bad if each character had a different level to explore stuff in, but you have to redo the exact same level about 20 times. Send in 1 kong to open a gate only they can, trek back to the swap barrel, back to the room you just opened and enter a bonus barrel only 1 kong can go in, beat it and reveal an ability platform, trek back to the swap barrel, back to the platform and activate it with the 1 can that can, trek back to the swap barrel, back to the balloon you just earned that only 1 kong can collect, etc.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.