[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bought this for $7, what am I in for?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Wallpaper-Ace_Combat_3-19718.jpg (130KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Wallpaper-Ace_Combat_3-19718.jpg
130KB, 1024x768px
Bought this for $7, what am I in for?
>>
>>4012109
A desire to play AC4 on PS2 instead.
haven't played much of 3 but it's good for what it was at the time
>>
>>4012109
You should play the patched version. The English release was butchered to hell.
>>
>>4012109
it's okay

AC3US is obsoleted because of the translation of the JP release, but if you're never going to bother with that, it's not like the western version is suddenly terrible -- but the branching story and shit are all gone in favor of a linear mission structure where you do every mission in the game in order.
The story is totally different in the JP version and loads more fleshed out, 3US's story is far more basic like in AC2.

AC3US gets a ton of hate almost entirely because we were supposed to get all the shit that was in the JP version, and then that didn't happen, pissing everyone off for nearly two decades.
In terms of pure gameplay, it's the same game with fewer missions overall (but you play more of them before hitting an ending because there aren't any branches, unlike AC3JP).
>>
>>4012118

Oh man, AC4 is the best. I find copies all the time in the wild and its a stellar game. East enough to pick up and play, but there are enough elements that give strategy and skill for those who are looking for it.

Also, not retro
>>
>>4012118
AC5 > AC4 > AC Zero > AC6 > AC3 > AC Assault Horizon Legacy > AC2 > Air Combat > Assault Horizon
>>
>>4012109
>$7

The Japanese version for 7 bucks? Are you in Japan OP?
>>
>>4012387
I have never seen a worse ranking for this series.
>>
File: 1435564609082.png (72KB, 353x439px) Image search: [Google]
1435564609082.png
72KB, 353x439px
>>4012387
I've only played 4 and 5 and I have to say that 4 is miles better than 5
>>
>>4012387

Aw, go dance with the angels.
>>
>>4012484
No it's the American version but still.
>>
>>4014017
I'd say you did fine, I paid about that too. How are you liking it so far?
>>
>>4012387
What about Skies of Deception, Joint Assault and Advance?
>>
>>4014042
Not that shitposter but

- Skies is a fine entry

- Joint is one of those games that's made with coop in mind so your mileage may vary while playing single player. Gameplay and soundtrack are fine.

- AC Advance does not exist in this dojo.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.