[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are you getting the SNES Classic?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

File: SNES-Classic-Edtion-mockup-2.jpg (327KB, 1160x653px) Image search: [Google]
SNES-Classic-Edtion-mockup-2.jpg
327KB, 1160x653px
Are you getting the SNES Classic?
>>
>>4011478
Yes, if Nintendo doesn't autistically have one line of them like they did with the NES which sold out in one day not even
>>
>>4011478
Probably not if the scalpers get ahold of them all first.
>>
Are they going to make more than 2 million of them for the global market this time?
>>
>>4011478
No, I know how to download emulators.
>>
>>4011478
what games are on it?
>>
>>4011479

Exactly the same thing will happen. Be a bastard and buy as many as you can and sell them on ebay like everyone did with the NES mini. I won't because I am not a greedy jew.
>>
>>4011587
>Are they going to make more than 2 of them for the global market this time?
ftfy
>>
>>4011478
>Paying for roms
Never
>>
They will be bought up by scalpers just like the NES.

Nintendo should make people register to preorder them, or have a database with gamestop and wallmart so that one person cant buy multiple.
>>
>>4012283
they literally sold 2 million though
>>
Hell yes
>>
for what purpose though? I have no need for it, i can play my snes any time I want.
>>
>>4011478

Only wanted the NES Classic because it was a cute miniature NES. But since Nintendo has gone out of their way to only supply it to scalpers and discontinued production. I don't want to give them the pleasure of my money if actually given a chance to get the fucking thing in the first place.
>>
>>4011478
Might pick up a controller, but probably not the system itself.
Of course, if it's anything like last time, the damn things will also be impossible to find.
>>
Maybe if I could, I might.
>>
Why would anyone on this board purchase this? Serious question.
>>
>>4011478
No. I'd buy a N64 classic though (but only if I could upload additional roms onto it, like people did with the NES Classic) since N64 emulation sucks balls.
>>
>>4012329
because i cant afford a real one you autist
>>
>>4012338
It's going to be a shitty emulator box with weird quirks, just like the original. It'll just be in apretty shell. Whatever device you're currently typing on is a better emulator box than the NES/SNES Classic. You can afford better.
>>
>>4012330
The NES classic is an emulated machine, it's likely that the N64 classic would also. Why not just get a N64?
>>
File: 1494991857433.jpg (37KB, 400x386px) Image search: [Google]
1494991857433.jpg
37KB, 400x386px
>>4012340
i guess maybe ill just wait until switch is full hacked & use it as a handheld emulator
why you have to ruin everything for me
>>
File: image.jpg (42KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 500x500px
>not using a pvm
>not using a 1CHIP snes
>not using a SD2SNES

I'm laughing at the gen z kids that are gonna eat this shit up.
>>
>>4012348
you can still buy one if you really want one, don't let some rando on a mongolian quilt making forum deter you from using your money however you want to
>>
>>4012342
Nintendo knows all of the N64's hardware quirks. They would be able to make a decent emulator fairly easily with their inside knowledge of the console. If they built a machine that ran the games perfectly and could also have additional games uploaded onto it (like people did with the NES Classic), it would be a cheaper option than buying a N64 and an EverDrive 64. Those fucking flashcarts are expensive.
>>
>>4012370
I think you're putting a little too much faith in Nintendo there champ
>>
After the shitshow that was the WiiU, how they handled the NES Mini, and the abysmal lineup for the Switch, I'm in no hurry to give Nintendo any of my money.
>>
>>4012390
this
>>
>>4011478
Is Nintendo a marketing powerhouse or woefully incompetent? I know tons of people who were very excited about the nes mini and would have probably bought the shit out of them if they had had stacks of them lined up on end caps at Wal Mart and Target as an impulse buy item.

Same with the switch, I know lots of people that want one but they're still impossible to get at stores around here. I get that they might legit be trying to drum up hype, but fuck me man the normies are gonna get bored and forget about it every time Nintendo pulls this false scarcity bullshit.
>>
>>4012385
Not really. I have no faith in Nintendo ever making a N64 classic. It just would be very easy for them to pull it off in the unlikely event they did.
>>
>>4011478
Wait, is this confirmed?

I have a super everdrive so I don't care personally. I remember people saying the nes mini made a decent emulator box, I guess it might have some value to some if this is as well.
>>
>>4011478
no
I've got like seven different things that can play SNES games around me, I don't need another.
>>4012370
Notice how Smash 64 on VC looks a lot more like it does when run in Project64 than it does on hardware (missing transitions, big black box around offscreen previews, etc)? Nintendo isn't going to do better emulation than that.
>>
>>4012429
64 emulation is not easy. There is a reason no emulator comes close to proper accuracy in near 20 years of emulator development.
>>
>>4012413
>if they had had stacks of them lined up on end caps at Wal Mart and Target as an impulse buy item.

Fucking exactly. They missed out on a shitload of easy money selling a cheapass little emulator box that people wouldn't have thought twice about buying.
>>
I already put all the SNES games I could want on my NES classic already so there's no need.

Might do it anyway just for collection sake.
>>
I have my old childhood SNES still kicking ass and also got a Super Famicom to play japanese games without having to mutilate my old friend.
I might buy a controller or two for the Wii though. I bought the NES mini controller and it's p. good.
>>
>>4012329

If it's anything like the original NES classic, it's the presentation that's the main selling point. Great UI with all the box art to look at, different video modes, replica console, and four save state slots.

The only problem I can see with this is that Nintendo doesn't have very many viable games to put on this thing, and I feel like it's hard to come up with any decent third party titles that aren't from essentially defunct companies.
>>
>>4012447
>Wait, is this confirmed?

No, but strongly rumored.

> I remember people saying the nes mini made a decent emulator box

Do not trust them. It only supports the mappers for the included games so it can't play tons of great NES games, the audio has a significant delay for some reason, and it smooths out all flashing graphics with a weird filter.

It's a very cute toy/collectible but it's not a great emulator.
>>
File: 1219367989518.gif (147KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1219367989518.gif
147KB, 320x240px
>>4012354
>1 chip
>not early version with separate sound board
>>
>>4012329
I want to give nintendo money for Super Metroid.
>>
>>4011478
No, because I'm not a scalper and they'll buy every single one.
>>
>>4012348
>not using a 3DS and a Wii for comfy cart gaming
>>
>>4012370
If they did that, hackers could just reverse engineer it to improve whatever trash we have now. Maybe.
>>
>>4011478
My brother will probably buy 20.
>>
There is going to be so much salt when the game list comes out. The SNES has a lot of games with really insecure fanbases, and inevitably one is going to be left out.
>>
>>4013639
I hope there's no FF6 and CT.
>>
>>4013254
This.
Early Super Famicom is best Super Famicom.
>>
>>4012290
They could have sold more if they provided supply to meet demand. Instead they just acknowledged demand while doing nothing about it.
>>
>>4012513

Yeah but thats because of information we lack that nintendo obviously has.

Youre not very smart.
>>
>>4012329
To get one for my dad
>>
File: nintendo_snes_squad_1.jpg (64KB, 1024x753px) Image search: [Google]
nintendo_snes_squad_1.jpg
64KB, 1024x753px
>>4011478
If it looks like that, no. If it looks like pic related, then unlikely but possible.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.