[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happens at end of vr/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: serveimage.png (102KB, 336x189px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.png
102KB, 336x189px
Retro games have been around for at least 20 years, hell some go back 30+ years.

As someone that's been gaming for the past 28 years Iv practically finished about 90% of all the good jrpgs and most known games on snes, gba and nes.

so I ask you...what is there at the end of retro gaming?
Iv finished all the games, replaying them isn't completely out of the question but the novelty has worn off and it becomes repetitive.

So what is there to do after? Play with mods?
Trying to set up some kind of personal record?
Do you just sell all the stuff or hand it down to someone else?
>>
>>4008749
You play Romhacks and mods. Alternatively, you develop them.
>>
You become an adult and stop playing video games.
>>
>>4008749
play more systems
there's the PC-Engine, there's the Genesis, there's the PS1 library, etc
should last you the remainder of your life, or at least to the point where you're too old and decrepit to play games
>>
>>4008804
but anon-san
iv played quite a few PC-engine (turbograhics16), genesis and ps1 too. If I finish 1 game per week after a few years ill be done with all of them.

Gonna try my first romhack now
>>
learn japanese and explore the unexplored
>>
>>4008749
Uhh go outside maybe? Its spring early summer the best time of the year.! Dont be a faggot and sot on your ass all summer and waste it.

Have a balance in your life. To much of anything is bad and youll get burnout.
So obviously just have a variety in your life.

Also on the topic of retro games. I can recommend playing Japan exclusive games. There are plenty to choose from that are translated

Whole list of SNES, NES translated Jap titles.

https://agtp.romhack.net/

https://www.emuparadise.me/roms/search.php?query=Aeon+Genesis&section=all
>>
>>4008824
Please stop posting creepy loli cartoons
>>
There's no way I'll play everything I want to in my lifetime.
>>
Is it really that painful to play newer games? Even just 6th gen would be a ton more to play, and you can skip right to the classics
>>
You could just play modern games that pander to retro gamers like Shovel Knight, Xenonauts or Stardew Valley. Hell, you could even play some remakes - XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Legend of Grimrock, Tomb Raider Anniversary, Elite Dangerous, Wolfenstein... there's some good shit out there.
>>
You will never, ever run out of good video games to play. If you feel like you are, though then it's your subconscious telling you to try something else for a while.
>>
>>4009389
>>4009337
namefags are getting filtered
>>
>>4008749
expand your interests or maybe look to systems you haven't explored

one should not attach oneself to a hobby so strongly that this kind of thing becomes a point of stress
>>
>>4008749
suicide
>>
Theres no way youve beaten every game ever on the hardest settings
>>
You'll probably don't have enough time in your life to play all the retro games there is
>>
Start playing arcade or retro pc games
>>
>>4009391
>decent suggestions
>HURR DURR FILTER THEM
>>
>>4008749
its up to you man. maybe now's a good chance to reflect on what else interests you? Pretty sure it's more than just video games.

Or hell, maybe it's time to try making your own? I make little retro games and sell them on itch.io. No crowdfunding or major income source, just for fun and a little pocket change.

Also, narrow down what's been the most interesting aspects of your hobby of retrogaming, see if those interests could cross-link to other hobbies you haven't considered.

At any rate, don't decide on selling off your collection, not just yet. Just branch out a little, let your brain forget what made you tired of it for a while and see if you come back with fresh eyes.
>>
you sure spend a lot time playing, I'm about the same age as you and I'm pretty sure I haven't scratched a giant number like 90% of the good games of those systems, and I still play videogames almost daily since I was 5. Try playing other systems, DOS is a gold mine for retro games.
>>
File: mhlybaG1tqtadjo8_500.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
mhlybaG1tqtadjo8_500.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>4008749
If you only liked retro games then video gaming was never your real hobby in the first place. So go find a new one. Pretty simple.

If you just like good games it's a non-issue.
>>
Try a different genre or newer games. If you really hate modern style RPGs, there are INNUMERABLE classic-style sprite vased ROGs and stuff like Bravely Default and 4HoL.
>>
You buy a PS4 or a gaming PC.
>>
>>4008770
Insecure teenager detected
>>
>>4008749
Try a different platform or take a break for a while.
>>
>>4009319
This, just play 6th gen or something or even a brand new game. People who really never branch from retro at all are autists.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.