[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats that retro itch that you wanna scratch so bad? Mine was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 9

File: 1494283347289.gif (2MB, 309x174px) Image search: [Google]
1494283347289.gif
2MB, 309x174px
Whats that retro itch that you wanna scratch so bad?
Mine was playing Super Dodgdeball for nes against a human player. Been wanting to do that for years. Now thanks to Mamehub i finally sleep in peace.Now i just need to get someone to play Cabal.

Whats your poison anon?
Perhaps we can help each other
>>
>>4006625
Having a sleepover with a friend playing any games desu

I don't have many friends
>>
>>4006625

Beating secret of mana with a couple friends.
>>
>>4007301
You have one now. What do you wanna play?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (26KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
26KB, 480x360px
>>4006625
I always wanted to co op the legend of the mystical ninja with someone. Dint want to force people to play old game because I know most people nowadays think anything not 3D = boring
>>
>>4010334
Not 3d = boring?
Hope Thats bait.
Anyway. Download Mamehub and get it up and running. I will play it. With any luck it will be good. If not at least i helped a fellow anon in need
>>
>>4006625
Basically playing almost any beat em ups with a friend. Few weeks ago I had a fucking blast playing Panzer Bandit co-op with a friend.

>>4012683
I hope you read his whole sentence
>because I know MOST PEOPLE NOWADAYS think anything not 3D = boring
Because believe it or not this is true. My friend who plays vidya (not the guy I mentioned before, he's pretty cool with /vr/ stuff) always had this weird expression everytime I start talking about 2D sidescrolling games. Basically his face was saying
>how can you have enjoyment in that?
And immediately changes the topic into Monster Hunter. Fuck that guy I don't know why I'm still hanging out with him.
>>
>>4012925
Sounds like a real grade a category five asshat.
>>
File: tsuyosou.png (751KB, 1280x1002px) Image search: [Google]
tsuyosou.png
751KB, 1280x1002px
1CCing Metal Slug 3.

Still in the process of scratching it.
>>
>>4013151
I recently beat it for the first time.. on Switch.
Holy fucking shit that game is tough. I think me and my brother used about 75 continues, all told.

At least I can clear the first level without continuing... that's something.
>>
>>4013151
I saw a guy yesterday 2cc mslug 3. That was intense. Last time i tried it was like 8 cc i think.
>>
Anyway. If you wanna go coop or play some btups just download mamehub and Fightcade. Im having a blast. Havent played this amount of nes and snes in years. And its still fun so , no nostalgia goggles. Plain fun and simple. Wish super smash bros for n64 works with mamehub but doubt it
>>
File: ca_054.jpg (141KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
ca_054.jpg
141KB, 640x480px
>>4013164
It's a pretty great game, isn't it? Play it again, anon. You've got alternate paths to go on. 1cc it if you want, I wouldn't force that challenge onto someone, it's something you've gotta want to do.
>>4013297
2cc's pretty impressive too.
>>
>>4013319
I love the mslug series. Its basically contra on steroids.
Mfw there is nobody connected in mamehub right now. Fug.
>>
>>4013351
I'd play with ya' anon, but I've gotta animate something. Sorry.
>>
Fuck me, where do I start?

Wanna play The Outfoxies with other people. Wanna finally finish The Battle of Olympus. Wanna finally finish Warhawk now I know the trick to it. Wanna play San Francisco Rush on real hardware again. Wanna play Virtua-On on real hardware again. Wanna play Unreal Tournament GOTY 1999 with other people again on a map that isn't fucking Facing Worlds. Wanna play Perfect Dark with 3 friends and 16 bots in a 4 vs 16 on Facility with a bunch of machine guns and the briefcase gun again. Wanna stay up all night ripping the CPU a new asshole in NBA Jam TE with my best friend again(Still have the cartridge with my 32-0 record). Wanna co-op through Twisted Metal 2 again. Wanna play ZAMN with someone who actually knows what the fuck they are doing. Wanna play Bushido Blade with friends again. Wanna co-op Herc's Adventure and finally beat that fucker. Wanna play THPS2 with friends again. Wanna try a Duke Nukem 3D deathmatch. Wanna play the Smash T.V. Brood War UMS map with 4 other players again.

With the exception of THPS2, I haven't done any of the above in over a decade. I miss the good times. I'm hoping with BW going free more people might be interested in UMS maps that aren't Tower Defense or DOTA/AoS clones.
>>
>>4013554
>Wanna play Virtua-On on real hardware again.
If you're ever in Ohio Cedar Point has a 2-player cab in their arcade, I even played a few matches with someone else when I went last year.
>>
File: arcade plane.jpg (21KB, 320x348px) Image search: [Google]
arcade plane.jpg
21KB, 320x348px
I've been looking for a horizontal shump I played in the arcade over a decade ago. You could pick your plane and I distinctly remember one had a lightning attack. I've been playing tons of shumps that had the World War II theme but I haven't found it yet.

>pic is a style plane I remember being in it
If no one can help, any recommendations for horizontal shumps?
>>
i wish my friends were open to retro

none of them are. They all play OW and League of Legends. I know we're adults now, but would playing some arcade games really be that bad?
>>
>>4006625
Guardian Heroes. 6 Players.
>>
File: SLES-00845.jpg (67KB, 640x651px) Image search: [Google]
SLES-00845.jpg
67KB, 640x651px
>>4006625
Playing pic related, with a full party.

I've tried with two people, and gotten quite a ways by myself with just two characters, but there are parts that can only be done with more than two players.

I know there's a PC version, but I don't know how multiplayer would work on it.

>>4012925
>I had a fucking blast playing Panzer Bandit co-op with a friend
I hope you went a few rounds on VS. mode, too.
>>
>>4013960
I have every single arcade SHUMP game in my collection. Once I get home, I'll make a list for you to go over.
>>
>>4013960
>If no one can help, any recommendations for horizontal shumps?
Gradius, R-Type, Darius, Sol Feace, and Life Force to name a few.
>>
Why dont we make a discord or something about it? Its pretty clear that some of these requests have a high chance of becoming real.
> mfw anon just reminded how much i loved nba jam and no vrfriend to play it with
>>
>>4013998
Old is not equal to obsolete.
>>
To finally finish the arcade version of Cadash, I wanted to since I was 8 and it was my favourite game in the arcade. Now with the save states I could because I did not remember how boring it became after half a hour
>>
>>4014326
To most people it is
>>
>>4013998
That would also require there to be REAL arcade games available to you and not just Raw Thrills bullshit
>>
Someday I'd really like to do 16 player Faceball 2000 for the Gameboy.
>>
I want to play both installments of Taito Legends with someone for a day.

Just some chill person to hang out and talk to while we crack open beers and fight for supremacy in Puzzle Bobble.
>>
This seems like a good thread to ask:

I've just started playing the Mana/Seiken Densetsu series, and I'm about to move on to the games that have multiplayer (Secret/Legend of Mana). Is it worth waiting until I can wrangle someone into playing them with me, or should I just play them single-player?
>>
File: Chair bed.jpg (154KB, 789x786px) Image search: [Google]
Chair bed.jpg
154KB, 789x786px
>>4007301
>Having a sleepover with a friend playing any games desu
That was the best. I had three of the 80's version of pic related. Super comfy foam chairbeds and friends would be over for all nighters on weekends. We would rent 2-3 games and hand off the controller every level, or every 20 minutes whichever came first. We did this from pretty much every weekend from 1988-1994 whenever possible. Marathon our way through almost all the relevant NES titles and most early 16 bit ones when they were all brand new.

We would get hyped with Nintendo power for upcoming games and then each hit a different video store on release day, hoping one kid could secure a copy and then we all met at my place.
>>
When I was a kid my older brother had the first Resident Evil. My brother, sister, and I would sit on the couch passing the controller back and forth whenever someone died. We'd figure out the puzzles together and debate which door to open first. I remember all three of us losing our shit when we realized there was a shark in the flooded basement.

We'd never been closer than that weekend. Nowadays neither of my siblings play video games. I'm friendly with both but my brother and sister no longer talk to each other due to some petty argument ten years back.

I wish I could go back.
>>
I'd honestly just like to play more 2 or more player stuff, I didn't get to play with anyone in my family when i was younger, and when the gameboy color was the big handheld, nobody i knew had a link cable. Now many years later, what IRL friends I have and I are busy a lot. I guess on the bright side I have no need for extra controllers or a multitap.
>>
>>4006625

I want to play a platformer that handles like Kirby Superstar's Suplex ability.
I want to be able to play an obscure FPS called Ice & Fire.

Neither are feasible. The first requires making a game, and the second doesn't run on modern hardware.
>>
File: 1492705461681.jpg (26KB, 680x447px) Image search: [Google]
1492705461681.jpg
26KB, 680x447px
>>4014716
Oh.Anon , you are not the only one.
>>
>>4013554
>Wanna play Unreal Tournament GOTY 1999 with other people again on a map that isn't fucking Facing Worlds
Check out Speck's Unreal /v/idya, it's a UT99/2k4 group that plays on vanilla maps
>>
>>4015425
Odds are astronomical but you wouldn't happen to live in Virginia, would you?
>>
>>4015786
Nope . sorry. Im actually a 3rd world spic. Which makes finding vros even harder.
Then again with the internets and all i should make a discord to arrange some games
>>
>>4016372
If mx in here for you bro
>>
Urufag here. Still gonna make that discord
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.