[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just ordered a PocketStation for FF8. What kind of fun can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: Sony-Pocketstation.jpg (177KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Sony-Pocketstation.jpg
177KB, 1500x1000px
I just ordered a PocketStation for FF8. What kind of fun can I expect from this thing? What games should I get? Overall in your experience, is it cool to have?
>>
>is it cool to have?
It was

Now you're getting one I'll have to curbstomp mine. Thanks...
>>
File: a1413286051584.jpg (2MB, 1667x1643px) Image search: [Google]
a1413286051584.jpg
2MB, 1667x1643px
>>
>>4006251
Why?
>>
Pocket Digimon World. You'll train your mons on the PocketStation like on a Digimon keychain andthen use them on Pocket Digimon World, like on a mediocre Pokémon Stadium clone.
>>
>>4007525
That looks Japanese import only. How about any American NTSC releases that support the pocket station? I hear some people say RR4 \_[•.•]_/
>>
>>4007583
Yeah RR4 definitely supports it.

I think that might actually be the only western release to do so.
>>
>>4006246
is this compatible with ntsc/pal ff8?
>>
>>4007649
Yeah, when I was in middle school we imported those to play PAL FF8.
>>
>>4007718
ok thanks!
>>
so was this thing a proper platform in its own right or just a companion/minigame thing like the Dreamcast's one?
>>
Aw crap. I don't have PAL ffviii. Please tell me this will work with my NTSC version.
>>
>>4007624
As in Ridge Racer 4? What do you even do with it?
>>
>>4007519
Because he's a hipster faggot.
>>
>>4008423
Reiko stays close to your heart whereever you go
>>
>>4007841
NTSC here. Like our PAL >>4007718 said, People had to import it from Japan to play that minigame.
>>
Congrats, now you can play a piece of shit Atari level "game" a couple times then never touch again.
>>
I feel like shit. So you're telling me ffviii won't even do anything with this thing. I'll see, I'm at the point in the game where it's looking for a pocket station to save on with the chocobo world and what not. But yeh, I won't be happy if it doesn't work with it.

That's my gripe with FFVIII. It's almost good at everything it does.
>>
>>4008647
it's supposed to work on the US release, but you're retarded if you didn't check before buying
>>
>>4008652
We'll see. I think I'm good though. Almost positive I'll have a good experience with it. Im balls deep in Final Fantasy VIII right now. Still collecting a few more Gfs, and getting ready to fight Ultimicia. Since the Chocobo will be the last GF that I get, I will definitely need the pocket station to progress during down times at work.
>>
>>4006246
I always wanted one, ever since they announced it. It's a shame it never made it to Europe/USA. I knew only but a handful of import stores which had it, and for a ridiculously high price. Those on ebay aren't really any cheaper, though you can grab used ones in Japan for a fair amount of money.
How much did you paid for yours OP?
>>
>>4009375
i paid about 25 which includes shipping.
>>
>>4009409
That's a fair price, is it boxed?
Be aware that you should change the battery, get a premium one.
>>
>>4009435
Not boxed. I don't really like boxes. Seller says they put in a new battery. It's a clear one
>>
How is it in comparision to Dreamcast VMU?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.