[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oh cool! Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! Alright! Kick ass! I get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

Oh cool! Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! Alright! Kick ass! I get to play as any of the four turtles!

Oh, so Donatello is the only one who isn't absolute shit. Okay.
>>
What a stupid opinion. Don has range, but his attack is kinda slow. Leo or Mike or go home.
>>
whats the best version of this game
>>
>>4006314
Don has range and damages, he is absolutely god tiers.
>>
Reminder that you're supposed to farm special weapons like scrolls, boomerangs and ninja stars, designating items to corresponding turtles, like the triple stars for Donatello so he can hit low targets, or scrolls for Rafael because he sucks.
>>
>>4006238
>>4006439
>not using god tier Raph

Are you guys for real? He's great to use when you're in a pinch.

>>4006350
The one in OPs pic. Believe me, you don't wanna waste your time with the computer ports.
>>
>>4006623
The PC version is unbeatable. As in, it can't be played through due to a missing tile in a sewer making a jump impossible.
>>
Is the thing where you do more damage at half or less HP well known because I do not recall ever seeing anyone mention it. The stats vs last boss

SHREDDER
Leonardo: 23 hits. Power bonus: 16 hits.
Raphael: 18 hits. No Power bonus.
Michaelangelo: 23 hits. Power bonus: 14 hits.
Donatello: 11 hits. Power bonus: 10 hits.
>>
>>4006314

I agree that they're all good except Raph, but I don't agree that Donatello's slowness is a serious problem. He's not enormously slow, and hitboxes are pretty big and seem to persist through the whole weapon animation, so you're probably gonna hit whatever you're trying to hit. You can even accidentally hit things that are behind you. You can attack upward and hit things ahead of you. Donatello's weapon is just great. There's no beating it.
>>
File: (TMNT) Rocksteady.jpg (78KB, 647x600px) Image search: [Google]
(TMNT) Rocksteady.jpg
78KB, 647x600px
I think we all remember cheesing Rocksteady with Donatello's staff by crouching on that platform and attacking downward.
>>
It's obvious they reused the engine from Getsu Fuma Den for TMNT. The overworld/stages system, the scrolling, movement, sounds, etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VuU2rvPmGI
>>
>>4009531
I wasn't aware that this was already a thing back then. Very interesting.
>>
>>4009526
Yes. Yes I do.
But when I replayed recently and savescummed my way to the end, I didn't.
Not really sure why either. Guess I just don't have the patience to screw around like I used to....
Still don't know why people cry over the damn dam level either....
>>
>>4006238
why is the weapon with the longest range also the strongest?
>>
>>4006238

Leo and Mike for completing levels.

Donatello for bosses.

Sacrifice Raph for shit you know you are going to take damage like the Dam swimming level and rescue him later.
>>
>>4006238
he is bad in some situations. He is good when you need to be cheap and kill a boss but stucks against some enemy types
>>
Are there any other TMNT platformers? Or any other platformers that feel like TMNT nut with less bullshit?
I like beat 'em ups as much as the next guy, but TMNT is perfect for action-platformers.
>>
>>4010146
There are a few for Gameboy, but I don't know if they're good.
>>
>>4010012
This guy gets it.
>>
>>4009531
I thought the overworld was weird. This finally explains it.
>>
File: tmnt cover.jpg (22KB, 400x667px) Image search: [Google]
tmnt cover.jpg
22KB, 400x667px
>>
>>4009531
>Getsu Fuma Den
what other games are similar?
>>
>>4011394
Zelda 2?
>>
>>4009531
Well shit, is dokidoki panic all over again
>>
>>4015331

Japanese devs did this all the time for NES games. They changed an original game that was too Japanese into Yo Noid.
>>
>>4015363
Holy shit did they think the west couldn't take difficult games and had them dumbed down?
Why are japs so racist?
>>
>>4015390
the west typically got harder versions, dumbass. they just removed japanese cultural stuff because they assumed we wouldn't like it.
>>
b..but daddy james rolfe told me this game was ass
>>
File: unnamed.png (183KB, 256x351px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
183KB, 256x351px
>>4015390
>>
>>4015390

It was not because of difficulty as much as it is cultural differences. The game in question for Yo Noid is played in one of the Game Center CX episodes. I remember the music was identical, think the levels were too. Main character attacked with a bird I think instead of a yoyo. Been a while since I seen it.
>>
>>4015331
>>4015390

I bet most people didn't even hear or read about GFD before they read about it online. Watch as it will become the new Little Samson, in other words a game nobody knew or cared about until it became notorious for its ridiculous value and circlejerking online.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.