[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New EQ Progression Server Coming Out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: Everquest[1].jpg (170KB, 1024x741px) Image search: [Google]
Everquest[1].jpg
170KB, 1024x741px
>New EQ prog server
>Comes out next Wednesday
>New expansion unlocked every 12 weeks
>Caps at Planes of Power

Any other old school EQ players around? This was my first MMO, I've checked out the other prog servers but always came in a little bit too late to start fresh
>>
>>4006176
I've always wanted a high end Ench but god damn they seem to be so popular now

Also thinking about druid or shaman for that sweet sweet sow and port. Also, never played them
>>
File: tro.jpg (14KB, 254x198px) Image search: [Google]
tro.jpg
14KB, 254x198px
>>4006176
I still play EQ from time to time, I have not done progression servers though, desu I have never hit level cap in the game. I'll play for a few days, then put it down for a few months.

My first graphical MMO was called The Realm, I then moved on to a MMO called Xenimus which was fun for it's time, but when EQ came out, oh what a magnificent game it was.

I think the highest level I made it to was level 30, as I was not a devoted player, and once WoW came out I switched over. It is funny, I actually enjoy playing EQ now more than wow.

Have fun dude.
>>
>>4006297
30 back in the day was pretty hard to get to

Thanks friend
>>
File: EQ000000.jpg (122KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
EQ000000.jpg
122KB, 800x600px
Here's an old EQ screenshot from 02 from when we lured a GM into the Freeport arena which negated there invulnerability, Rallos Zek server.
>>
>>4006176
I played EverQuest beta and also LegendMud. I have an EverQuest baseball cap. Don't care about the game anymore though.
>>
>>4006406
>lured
You don't understand the mentality of imms.
>>
The EQ live progression servers are nothing like classic though, even if content locked.
>>
>>4006505
This.

Project1999 is the best thing right now.
>>
>>4006530
Not really. I'd argue that knowing the content progression in advance already destroys the authenticity of any such project.
>>
>>4006505
>>4006530
>>4006541
I simply don't have the time as I did in my younger days to level a character up like that anymore. It doesn't have to be exactly the game it was back then, especially in terms of experience and hell levels, more than than anything I just want all those zones back and populated.

When I was checking out Phiny the place was loaded with characters everywhere.
>>
>>4006706
EQ leveling really wasn't as time consuming as normies made it. Even in vanilla EQ, if you put in a little research to grinding spots and had a partial premade you could level cap in no time. If you played half assed and soloed/PUGed it, yeah, it'd take forever.

Just like modern MMOs, the real grind started at level cap.
>>
>>4006715
>EQ leveling really wasn't as time consuming as normies made it

No way man, no way is this even close to being true

With huge exp losses from death and slow exp gain, deleveling, many classes being bound to groups, the hell levels, the corpse runs, no way this is even close to being true.

I was there in 99, it definitely was time consuming. That's not to say that it's totally bad, I'm still planning on playing Pantheon when it comes out, but I don't have the time for that for Everquest
>>
>>4006723
Man, not to mention the slooooooow HP / mana gain, eeesh
>>
>>4006723
You're speaking from the point of view of a normie who only PUGed. The game was just as meta as modern MMOs. Lots of people went in with static groups and a plan.
>>
>>4008643
>But that's wrong
Back in the day when I played I was a jobless teenager that just graduated and it took at least a couple months to even get to 30 or 40

Even in P99 it takes people at least a couple of months to get to end game
>>
>>4008673
I don't know what to tell you, m8. If you had trouble leveling, you were PUGing or playing with other retarded 12 year olds with no real plan.
>>
>>4006297
>I then moved on to a MMO called Xenimus

We probably played together seeing as I'm one of the six other people on Earth who touched that game.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.