[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you feel about Croc?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

File: Croc_Legend_of_the_Gobbos.jpg (23KB, 344x386px) Image search: [Google]
Croc_Legend_of_the_Gobbos.jpg
23KB, 344x386px
How do you feel about Croc?
>>
C+. Not the worst thing ever, not top-tier, mildly enjoyable overall.
>>
I enjoyed it quite a bit, sometimes I still do.
>>
>>4003820

tank controls and boring level design
>>
It's painfully average but still worth playing imo

Saturn or PS1, /vr/
>>
It has that special early 3d feel.
>>
>>4003820
At first I liked it, and then it became grindingly tedious.
>>
Music is nice.
Levels get repetitive and minigames get tedious.
Tank controls kind of fixed with analog mode.
Horrendous swimming controls you can't fix at all.
>>
>>4003820
It's okay but tank controls really let it down
>>
>>4003820
more like coc am i right? lmao i'm so funny.
>>
>>4003820
when it sell ps ss don't have analog control .
>>
>>4004120
but pc and saturn versions do
>>
A croc of shit
>>
Tank controls. nuff said.
>>
It sucks but I can't stop playing it and thinking about it
>>
Great game. Really enjoyed it. Swimming was a skill, when I got really good at it, it was really enjoyable.

Same with the tank controls really, it's just about getting used to it. I went to play Duke Nukem 64 and took the longest time to get used to that aiming system, but once you get it down, it simply works.

That's part of the charm of these nostalgia games, is that they just worked. It's not some universal control scheme that you have to adopt your game to, they used their own mechanics and were designed perfectly for that system.
>>
Croc 2 is better.
>>
often hailed as the Mario killer
the Sonic killer
the Final Fantasy killer
the Chrono Trigger killer
>>
>>4003820
>Duke Nukem 64
I have fond memories of it when I was a kid. It came with the graphic card alongside Claw and Dungeon Keeper.

Back in the 90's when perophericals used to come with games and software man, too bad it doesn't happen anymore.
>>
It was a croc of shit
>>
>>4005117
But... not the Resident Evil killer?

I mean it had superior tank controls.
>>
>>4005048
>they used their own mechanics and were designed perfectly for that system
Literally every other game besides Bubsy controlled better on the PS1
>>
>>4003820

One of my favourite games on the ps1, and I'm not entirely sure why. It's far from perfect, but it hits a sweet-spot for me in terms of atmosphere. The character designs are generally cute, the controls are fine if a bit loose (provided you're using the analog sticks), and the music is really chill and overall pleasant.

Regarding the Saturn version, does anyone know if it works with the 3d controller, or are you stuck using tank controls?
>>
>>4005609
it works with the 3D controller on saturn
>>
Croc is wonderful! Very enjoyable game IMO. I like Croc more than Spyro and the Crash sequels. It is on par with Ape Escape and the original Crash Bandicoot. I consider it to be a classic.
>>
It was charming as all hell. I picked it up for PC as a kid and played the shit out of it. The music still sticks with me even though I haven't touched it in like 20 years.
>>
>>4005630

Thanks for the intel, anon. "You da real mvp," as they say.
>>
>>4003820
tank control are ok when run but when stand and turn left rights by little bit it make me feel crazy.
>>
This game was clunky but charming and comfy as hell at the same time.

I just bought Croc 2 off of ebay a couple of days ago, I never played it back in the day.
>>
>>4005609
It was one of my first Playstation games back when I was like 6 or 7 years old. I loved the hell out of Croc. The tank controls can get kind of annoying, but the game is designed around it and you turn extremely fast so it's not like you're gimped. The atmosphere is great, the music is great, and some of those levels were downright creepy. I think my favorite world is still the castle world due to all those insane level mechanics.

Please someone tell me I wasn't the only one that struggled with those dumb sheep button minigames.

>>4006691
I didn't play Croc 2 either but I went back to play it a few years ago and didn't find it quite as enjoyable. The level design just wasn't nearly as good.
>>
>>4003820
The second game is extremely comfy.
>>
What about the whole thing with Nintendo not wanting to work with them, but using what they saw to work on Mario 64?

>“The end came when we pitched to do a 3D platform game, the likes of which had never been done before. We mocked up a prototype using Yoshi. It was essentially the world’s first 3D platform game and was obviously a big risk – Nintendo had never let an outside company use their characters before, and weren’t about to, either. This is the moment the deal fell apart. We later made that game into Croc: Legend of the Gobbos for the PlayStation, Saturn and PC, which became our biggest ever game in terms of sales and also in royalties, since we owned the IP.”
>>
>>4007052

They were dumbasses. Sonic Skateboarding devs did the same shit with sonic and its how Sonic Riders came out.

Mario 64 > Croc
>>
>>4007059
>Mario 64 > Croc
For once, I agree with Mario 64 being better than something else.
>>
>>4007052
Mario 64 didn't have tank controls or shitty collectathon based progression
>>
Does Croc have a personality? More so than Yoshi at least?
>>
>>4007163
He's less of a faggot than yoshi
>>
>>4007175
Well, isn't he with Birdo who happens to be a tranny?
I wonder if the had a mechanic planned around his egg laying, but scrapped it.
>>
>>4007189
It's not gay to have sex with trannies, though
>>
File: 1494706995851.jpg (29KB, 662x393px) Image search: [Google]
1494706995851.jpg
29KB, 662x393px
>>4007125

thats like, your opinion anon
>>
Played it as a kid and I almost have to recollection. Now that finals are over I might play it again.

I had the PC version. Hows it different from console releases.
>>
File: 1487275493023.png (319KB, 641x505px) Image search: [Google]
1487275493023.png
319KB, 641x505px
>Sister just asked me if I remembered "Croc the Dinosaur"
>>
>>4007146
>mario 64 didn't have shitty collectathon based progression
>collect the stars to progress!
i see.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.