[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fcg/ Flash Cart General - Thanks Ikari Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 11

File: flashcartcollection.jpg (96KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
flashcartcollection.jpg
96KB, 960x540px
New SD2SNES firmare came out last week.Anyone noticed better MSU-1 sound?
>>
No, because nobody cares about MSU.
>>
>>4002276
Lies. I love MSU-1
>>
>>4002276
Lies. Deception.
The MSU-1 is awesome and I love it.
>>
MSU-1 is not even an official chip, why the fuck do people give credibility to that Byuu retard is beyond me
>>
Semi related, but if I mod my pal snes for 60hz, will pal games/Roma run at 60hz ?
>>
>>4002316
>>4002345
Spotted the nobodys
>>
I know dick about flash carts

is there a difference to the original cartridge?
>>
Does it have SA-1 support yet?
>>
>>4002347
but muh cd quality amateur soundtrack for some reason
>>
Quick question, As someone who is getting a sd2snes soon and is preparing roms including some using MSU sound hacks, do i leave the roms compressed or do i have to unrar them all?
>>
anyone have a chinkshit n8? What's the compatibility like
>>
>>4002624
I wish they would finally find a way to add it in.
As well as Super FX support.

>>4002780
I don't know.
I have the Aryan one from StoneAgeGamer.
>>
File: EDN8 China.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
EDN8 China.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
>>4002780
I have one, it's locked on OS V13, but it works perfectly. Expansion audio is very quiet on my original famicoms, but works on my AV, that's literally the only issue I've had. I'd buy another if it broke, compatibility is exactly the same as the real one on V13.
>>
>>4002780
If I remember correctly, the N8 china version supports most NES games, except the few ones that use a special chip. I do believe MMC5 supported ones would still work though.

>>4002345
>>4002276
>>4002316
That's neat and all but >>4002624 and >>4002857 would be much more interesting. I got patience but I wonder if it will be done before this decade is over.
>>
>>4002868
So only Gimmick?
>>
>Ikari finally updates SD2SNES firmware after 8 months
>some minor bugfixes and more MSU-1 shit
>still no mention of any progress towards getting the other expansion chips functional
Does anyone still believe Ikari will ever get the other expansion chips functional at this point?
>>
>>4002510
no
>>
>>4002918
oh

makes me feel silly for buying a bunch of old games to play.
>>
Does anyone have experience using the Jack Diy knockoffs? Are they any good?
>>
>>4002881
It does play Gimmick.
The only thing it doesn't, is play the extension audio and even then, there's a custom mapper for it that fixes it.
Another chip that doesn't support extension audio, I know of is Lagrange Point's VRC7.
If we talk about overall compatibility, there's a list here
http://www.dbwbp.com/misc/Everdrive_N8_Compatibility_List_(OS_V15).pdf
>>
>>4003098
Pretty much all the china EDs are 'Jack DIYs'nd the guy is super helpful and nice on AliExpress. As stated above my chinese EDN8 is great, highly recommended.
>>
Anyone here order something from Retrogate?
>>
>>4003523
Got an SD2SNES from them. Took forever.
>>
Any word on the Saturn mpeg slot device that loads games? Is it still coming out?

https://hackaday.com/2016/07/11/cracking-the-sega-saturn-after-20-years/
>>
>>4003562
It's called Rhea/Phoebe, and it's out. Same guy who does the GDemu. You can get one the same way you get a GDemu. Wait until ordering opens, and order one before that batch is gone.
>>
File: 1480308156605.gif (135KB, 241x200px) Image search: [Google]
1480308156605.gif
135KB, 241x200px
>>4002276
>>4002347
>>4002507
>>4002629

>SEGA fans
"cool, someone made a sega cd port / emulator plugin to add CD quality audio to my favourite genesis game"
>Nintendo fans
"REEEEE STOP ADDING CD QUALITY AUDIO TO MY SNES GAMES THEY'RE FLAWLESS THE WAY THEY ARE REEEEEEEEEE"
>>
>>4003591
>implying a bullshit fanmade console add-on and fan music are the same as officially released hardware and music tracks
kek
>>
>>4003598
If the ends are the same why do the means matter?
>>
>>4003607
really? compromising a game's soundtrack with fan shit is pretty gross, especially if you claim to like the game. The console didn't didn't have the capabilities to do that for a reason. It blows my mind that the MSU is even a thing.
>>
>>4003610
Are you afraid that you might enjoy it? No one's holding a gun to your head. Or.... *gasp* is someone having fun wrong!!!???
>>
File: 1472083864037.gif (4MB, 491x352px) Image search: [Google]
1472083864037.gif
4MB, 491x352px
>>4003610
>The console didn't didn't have the capabilities to do that for a reason.
Except it does, because... It does. I can plug in my flashcart, turn on my SNES, and the high quality audio comes out of the TV. It'd be the same shit if the SNES CD had come to fruition.

Anyway, opinions are all subjective. Not sure why you waste your time complaining about what other people like on the internet. That said, not sure why I'm having this conversation with you either. ~toodles~
>>
>>4003583
This is something new that just plugs into the expansion slot, and you don't have to install anything or disable the disc drive. It's called The Satiator. It's not out yet but it is being worked on, the guy has a patreon where he posts updates on it.
>>
>>4002857
>I wish they would finally find a way to change the laws of physics.
lel. Ain't gonna happen without new hardware sport

>>4003591
>fans old enough to post here
"get a load of these kids"

>>4003626
>~toodles~
If only
>>
>>4003623
fucking wew
>>4003682
>~toodles~
>>
>>4002630
Mine aren't compressed.
>>
>>4004023
thanks, that helps, because i am still waiting on mine to arrive, but want to pre-load my sdcard with roms, and wanted to start playing right when i got the cart. Now to just find a way to unrar everything at once.
>>
>>4004028
I would honestly just make Folders for A-Z and prioritize your ROMs that way (since otherwise the SD takes a bit too long to load/sift through) and make a specific MSU-1 folder as well in which you keep those hacks. Makes it way easier to keep track of everything.
>>
>>4002885

Did anyone even believe it at the start? He said for all intents and purposes he didn't know shit about it on the old blog and he's made literally zero progress since. The dangling carrot of 'future chip support' was just an excuse to get a bit more money out of idiots.
>>
>>4004028
>Now to just find a way to unrar everything at once.

Select all, right click, extract to separate folders?
>>
>>4002496
Yes, but at the same time you'll fuck up the resolution.
>>
>>4002195
The SD2SNES sticker label looks like shit. Has anyone made a more visually appealing sticker?

Alternatively, can you put the guts of the flashcart inside the shell of a legit game? I get that some minor mods would need to be made, but I think it could look cool
>>
>got a bunch of flash carts
>realize the consoles all look like shit compared to Wii emulation with component output
>too much of a pain to mod the consoles
>just play on the Wii instead
>>
>>4004776
are you playing virtual console injects, or retroarch? how's the accuracy, input lag etc?
>>
I have the latest hardware and firmware and I still get errors when booting Earthbound.

I'm playing on a pal console and I can start the game the first time I add the rom to the SD card. I play for a while. Save the game and when I want to play again it says "this game pak is not designed for you Super Famicom or Super Nintendo"

Wtf am I doing wrong?!
>>
>>4004779
not that guy, but I play on my Wii all the time. If you hardwire the controllers (PS to GCN/SNES to GCN adapters, etc) the input lag is excellent. I use the standalone emulators and mednafen for the most part; retroarch on the Wii is kind of a bitch to configure, but it does work well once it's all set up right.
>>
File: sd2snes-flash-cart-everdrives.png (432KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
sd2snes-flash-cart-everdrives.png
432KB, 1000x1000px
>>4004767
>The SD2SNES sticker label looks like shit. Has anyone made a more visually appealing sticker?
The one everdrive.de uses looks like low-budget PC software from the 90s, if you're into that sort of thing.
>>
>>4004131
Lots of people believed. Look at all the SD2SNES owners here on /vr/, many of which were looking forward to "future SA-1 and SuperFX" support which will never happen. Now they are trying to convince themselves that MSU-1 support was the reason they paid twice as much for a flashcart.
>>
>>4002919
Not entirely. Flashcarts can't play every game. Like Yoshi's Island, Mario RPG, Kirby Superstar, Star Fox, ect.
>>
File: LCD_gaming.jpg (599KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
LCD_gaming.jpg
599KB, 2592x1944px
I asked a couple times, but thankfully there's an appropriate thread now for the question. I finally got a cheap SD card of 8GB capacity. I have heard the best ROM set for the flashcarts are the smokemonster packs. I registered for the forum to download those packs, but the links lead to the mega file hosting site, which somehow always returns a "out of memory" or refuses to allow me to download without their own custom downloader program (which I do not trust). Can anyone upload those smokemonster packs to a different place so that I can actually download them to populate this SD card?
>>
>>4006981
>register to pirate
???
>>
>>4006981
>smokemonster

Never heard of that. Can't you go to archive org or something? They should have full sets of NES and SNES games.
>>
File: Just_add_sunlight_and_air.jpg (892KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
Just_add_sunlight_and_air.jpg
892KB, 2592x1944px
>>4006991
>>4007020
Yeah, the Smokemonster pack is supposedly ideal for flashcarts as they complete packs with all the ROM hacks, fan translations, etc. all sorted in directories (folders) best suited for flashcarts (I believe there's a page limit for ROMs per directory) which is still updated. The only place I can find the pack is on a forum (my google search), and as mentioned I have problems with mega.nz and would prefer something like google drive or something else.
>>
>>4007054
their downloader program is fine
>>
>>4006981
>repro console
>framemeister
Why not just get a raspberry pi?
>>
>>4008608
hardware clone > emulation
>>
>>4008620
>Almost $1000 for SoC halfstep trash
lol why even bother.
>>
File: Spoonfeed_me.jpg (4MB, 4608x3456px) Image search: [Google]
Spoonfeed_me.jpg
4MB, 4608x3456px
>>4008418
So I got to download something in order to download something. What is wrong with just a direct download? Why add an extra application?

>>4008608
Well it's the framemeister just because the OSSC does not have a S-video input that the Super Retro Trio can output.
>>
>>4008640
You bought a $400 box because your $60 system on chip machine can't support RGB?

I want to laugh but you seem like a nice person at heart.
>>
>>4008626
I don't disagree completely, running clones through a framemeister is an odd choice.
>>
>>4008648
No and no. It did not cost anywhere near that much. I am just using old pictures I already took for /vr/ for convenience.

The Framemeister did not cost me half that, and the clone console works with the flash carts. However, I do use the clone console since my NES died and I cannot afford an Analoge NT mini (also I think the AVS is kinda ugly).
>>
Anybody know what you need to do in order to play out-of-region MD games via Everdrive through a 32X? Alien Soldier is tempting me but I only have the video cable for a 32X and it gives an out-of-region error on boot.
>>
>>4008671
I never knew how nice-looking the wondermega, turboduo, and v-saturn were.
>>
What are the search terms for aliexpress?
>>
>>4008640
Did the original anon who posted this ever get that hack working? I ended up using the super hack bros exploit and Fire Emblem's animations have never looked better.
>>
>>4008684
You have to region patch the ROM with an AR code.
>>
>>4003098
I have an original Famicom (RGB modded though) does the extension audio sound evenly good?, FDS audio is still shit right?
>>
>>4002195
Question about the roms for the everdrive: do most versions work with (!), both .sfc and .smc? Or does it need to be a specific kind because it won't read it otherwise?
>>
>>4009112
It should take either one, but literally all you have to do is change the extension if it doesn't.
>>
>>4007054
Got a link to them packs?
>>
>>4004783

PALfag here, Earthbound doesn't play nice with flashcarts and PAL consoles. I have an Everdrive but had to use a scene version with the copy protection pulled, Earthbound (U) [f1+C].smc or something. Keep trying different versions until you find the one, just make sure it doesn't crash and saves properly.
>>
>>4008767
Custom game card
>>
>>4009082
expansion audio is fine via EDN8 on an AV Fami, loud and clear
>>
>>4008689
The Wondermega is even prettier when its lights are on in my opinion. I got it purely for the aesthetics as I wanted it since I first saw it in EGM. The timing when I got that Wondermega and TurboDuo were great as everyone was heavily into Playstation, so no one wanted them and they were cheap. The V-Saturn is just like a regular Saturn but in a slightly different shade of grey and blue, sadly my Rhea is not compatible with it, as I will need a Phoebe instead and those are constantly sold out before I have a chance to get one.

>>4008821
I took that picture (my handwriting and tabletop). I have not tried the GBA Everdrive X5 yet (still have to purchase a micro SD card, they are a bit expensive at the sizes needed for GBA).

>>4009386
I do not know if 4chan disallows links so I can only say it is on the epforums, should be the first result from google for "smokemonster ROM packs".

That is where I get them. Looks like a filefactory mirror is available now. So I will try those out.
>>
>>4009487
I thought you couldn't get expansion audio period from an edn8, ie. Lagrange Point and Gimmick don't work as you'd expect. Is that only on the NES and not on the famicom?
>>
I know they're high quality but why the fuck does every Everdrive (save the Mega X3) have to be insanely overpriced?
An NES flashcart shouldn't be $118 in this day and age
>>
>>4009492

Why is the rhea not compatible? Just a different pin count, or is it totally different? And what made the v-saturn special then? It doesn't really do anything else?
>>
>>4009534
i believe they all have fpgas which gives a lot of flexibility in emulation and future updates but it drives up the cost of the everdrives.

if you want something cheap, you can get on 50/100 in 1 cart off aliexpress for like $20. this is because the chips are preflashed and use cheap components.
>>
>>4009165
Thanks for the answer anon. I think I'm gonna order a few from AE.
>>
>>4009532
Certain games aren't (weren't?) supported, but it does most expansion audio well on an actual Famicom. You need a modded NES to use expansion audio at all, or one of those expansion port IO things.
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.