[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Zelda NES

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: loz shity latino gif.gif (30KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
loz shity latino gif.gif
30KB, 600x400px
I was having a lot of fun until dungon 5 and those blue darknuts. It's not just one but two fucking rooms. Are you just expected to beat the dungeon and the next 1 or 2 so you have enough hearts to get the magic sword so you can come back and get the flute? Isn't the flute basically required to beat the boss?
>>
use bombs
>>
I think I hit that exact same roadblock back when I first played it.

You need to git better, this is not the last time you'll face that many of them at once.

Try practicing your hit&run techniques. Approach, stab, and get out of there immediately, independent whether it was a good hit or not. Their patterns are unpredictable, so stay away from them as much as possible. Don't let them corner you. Approach only to attack and get away immediately.
>>
>>4000449
This, this right fucking here. Everyone who ever complains about the darknuts aren't using their bombs. Kite the fuckers into a tightly packed group, drop bomb, repeat. You can easily wipe 3 at once with some practice.

Now getting your sword taken away from you deep in a dungeon in the second quest is a kick in the dick. Hope you brought potion faggot.
>>
Something that helps me when fighting the darknuts is to keep in mind they can only turn and change direction while on a tile. If you look at the dungeon floor and pay attention to the grid of lines separating the tiles, you'll see that they only ever turn while not touching any of those lines.

I try to stand diagonally from them near the direction they're currently heading, stab while their transitioning from one tile to another, and then run. It's actually kind of tricky since if you're too far over one of the tile lines they can hurt you if they change direction, but if you're in a safe place you have much less time where you can hit them during the 'tile transitioning' phase of their movement.

Idk how clear this all is but keep it in mind while playing the game and it'll make things at least a bit easier.

Like others have said, bombs are useful as well.
>>
I literally get the magic sword, blue mail, and the big shield before even entering a dungeon.
>>
>>4001219
This is pretty solid advice.

>>4000449
>>4000656
B-but you might need them later in the dungeon!
>>
>>4001273
>ruining a challenge by farming 101

The first half of them is pretty easy desu.
>>
>>4000309
Basically just grind rupees to get a potion, isn't that fun and revolutionary game design?
>>
>>4001275
And enemies drop them all the time. The only time you need to be careful about bomb usage is fighting against the triceratops. Beyond that, bomb fucking everything.
>>
>>4001279
>not exploring the world
>playing the dungeons in "order"
I played them all out of order as a kid. I just wandered around the overworld, and I found all kinds of cool shit in the process. Now I just grab the cool shit first.
>>
>>4001338
All entries beyond the first (except for BotW, but I never played that) are far more restrictive in that respect. By the time I picked up the first one, playing the dungeons out of order was an alien concept to me, and when I hit upon one that was out of sequence, I chose to look for the "correct" one.

There is of course no "correct" one. Exploring sounds fun. :3
>>
>>4001360
Ahh, I see where you're coming from. I never got really far as a kid, but I walked around a lot and explored everything. I didn't finish the game until I was an adult and I used a guide to find some of the more obscure dungeons, like the one that requires you to dry up the lake with the flute.
>>
i honestly could not figure out where level 2 is yet i somehow uncovered level 8 because i knew you have to burn bushes
>>
The darknuts are nothing compared to the wizrobes
>>
>>4000309
Update: a potion to restore my beams made the 1st room of darknuts short work. Bombs and the other part of the potion got me through the 2nd room of them. Recorder obtained, boss defeated.

Now I'm just 1 heart away from the Magic Sword, though I lost my Magic Shield and died so now I have to buy that again. Getting another shield was pushed off by buying the meat, but progress is steady once again.

>>4001294
>>4000656
I realized the bombs were helpful, but finding the potion to restore the beam really helped.

>>4002461
Magic Shield makes them much easier.
>>
>>4000309

Level 6 is worse.

Actually when you learn the trick to taking on Darknuts, they're fucking nothing unless you're some kinda unprepared hot head.
>>
So, sort of unrelated, but I've defended this game for years from newcomers who chime in saying it's literally impossible to beat without a walkthrough, but I had never played the second quest until earlier this year.

Did I miss something? Was there some part of the game manual or a hint from an old man that I missed explaining that the flute can uncover more secrets than just the one dungeon in the first quest? Because I had to swallow my pride and look up the location of a few things that required the flute outside of the one dungeon under the pond.
>>
>>4000309
You eventually just get a feel for fighting darknuts. When I was I kid, my strategy was to focus on one at a time, so you kind of get a sense of when they're going to turn, and just use hit and run tactics, while simultaneously staying aware of your direct surroundings. If the one you're focusing on falls back into the group, just pick a new one on the "edge" and poke at him.

Darknuts are all about patience.

Basically... get good.
>>
>>4001360
Try the A Link To The Past Randomizer. It let's you do ALTTP completely out of order.
>>
>>4004009
Most kinds wonder around doing random shit. If I recall correctly, I walked around the entire map using the whistle on every screen just for the hell of it.

Just keep in mind the second quest is meant as a challenge for those who have beaten the game. They figured if you managed to beat the first game with level 7 and level 8 as buried as they are, you should be able to find everything.

>>4005460
>Darknuts are all about patience.
That's a funny way to spell bombs.
>>
>>4005468
Interesting. Do bosses retain their original Health/Damage parameters? If so, sounds like a challenge.
>>
>>4005474
Bombs are too precious a resource to waste on Darknuts in Zelda 1, especially since there's such a high probability they'll be evaded, or they won't hit the right spots.
>>
>>4000309

blue darknuts are tough, but not unbeatable. basically you're just new and need to git gud. which is weird because that's something that doesn't need to be said about any other zelda game, but yes, zelda 1 does have skill requirements. study their movements, use proper spacing. hit them around corners of blocks to avoid taking damage if you have to. if you've got spare bombs, a well placed bomb among a squad can help out quite a bit. also, don't be afraid to buy and use potions if you're having trouble making it through a dungeon. memorize the locations of fairy fountains to top your health up before entering.
>>
>>4004009
If I remember right the "hint" for that is how the flute doesn't work in the usual area, which implies there would be somewhere else to use it. I never figured it out myself though. My experience with second quest went exactly how yours did.
>>
You have the hit the fuckers when they're sideways.
>>
>>4005580
Yes, they do. You must learn to be quite creative sometimes, depending on how the chests got generated.
>>
>>4000656
>Now getting your sword taken away from you deep in a dungeon in the second quest is a kick in the dick. Hope you brought potion faggot.

Are you referring to bubbles or is there something else that can take your sword in the 2nd quest?
>>
>>4006574
There's two new kinds of bubbles in second quest. One that has an unlimited curse, and one that removes curses (guess which one is more common).
>>
>>4006609
Oh fuck, I had no idea. I never got far into the 2nd quest because I'm a shitter. I've encountered those guys in custom quests in Zelda classic before, I didn't realize they were from the first Zelda. That's fucking terrifying
>>
File: swordless.png (138KB, 754x620px) Image search: [Google]
swordless.png
138KB, 754x620px
>>4000309
git gud
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.