[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is there a sudden interest in the saturn recently?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

Why is there a sudden interest in the saturn recently?
>>
>>3998498
There's always been interest in the Saturn. Have you been asleep?
>>
>>3998504
Never noticed it.
>>
I haven't noticed any real uptick lately. Maybe you recently got interested in the Saturn for some reason and so you notice it more?
>>
>>3998498
>Why is there a sudden interest in the saturn recently?

Ppl are tired of playing SNES/PS1 games, it's time to broaden horizons.
>>
Saturn has always been a cult system that most people that were into video games knew about and probably wanted due to genuinely good games and its extensive japanese catalogue. Not to mention Sega fans.
I guess due to retrogaming becoming popular with younger people (or people who weren't into video games before), the Saturn has gained some popularity, simply because the video game interest increased as a whole.
And yes, it's genuinely a nice console.
>>
File: in mednafen we trust.jpg (626KB, 1326x750px) Image search: [Google]
in mednafen we trust.jpg
626KB, 1326x750px
>>3998498

Finally got a good emulator.
>>
>>3998694

Wonder what console Mednafen will tackle Next. Already the best PC-Engine emulator. Soon to be the best Saturn emulator.

N64? Maybe that's even too much for the Mednafen devs.
>>
>>3998668
I want /emugen/ out of my /vr/
>>
>>3998668
You just need a super computer to run it.
>>
>>3998498
>sudden
>>
>>3998668
>Finally
Welcome to 2005
>>
>>3998886
A lot more people have super computers than people who have expensive old SEGA consoles
>>
irony
>>
For me
At that time most SS game can play on PC.
virtual fighter,cop fighting viper house of the dead panzerdragoon and arcade 2dgame are better on emulater. ever H-game are better on PC.
That I have no any reason to buy saturn a bit.
Now I have 2 saturn in collection and only one game I use saturn play is suchie pai II
>>
File: aa.jpg (25KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
aa.jpg
25KB, 259x194px
>>4000427
forgot the picture
>>
So to play burned backups you need to buy 2 action replays, flash one (no idea what that entails, if it's difficult or requires tools) and then you can burn games on the same shit you would use for a dreamcast, right (and you have to swap carts for saving or something)? That is the easiest path right, outside of buying an expensive as fuck thing that requires soldering or buying a already modded one that no one can recommend a place to easily buy one online.
>>
>>4000685
>That is the easiest path right, outside of buying an expensive as fuck thing that requires soldering

a modchip is literally cheaper than action replay, and if it comes with a cable then you just have to tuck the end to the power supply.
>>
>>4000689
Where do you buy one? Thought it was just rhea and phoebe or whatever that the fag who does GDEMUs for way too much. Is it hard to do if I haven't soldered anything before?
>>
>>4000694
googled, guessing it's this
https://www.r43ds.org/products/Phantom-Universal-Sega-Saturn-Modchip.html
>>
Sega is having a surge of interest lately because of hipster cred ("Oh i dont play Nintendo, I like Sega much better, Sonic, Super Hang On, I could go on....")
Makes me butthurt because I grew up as a Sega encyclopedia and now I have to cringe listening to these stupid hipsters act like they know shit about everything.
>>
>>4001251
>i liked it first reeeee

Fuck off, faggot
>>
>>4001262
t. gen Z triggered
>>
>>4001262

Spoilers: your elders know better than you.
>>
I never knew about how extensive and good the Japanese library was until recently. Its not the most affordable to build a collection for though,so I'd probably need to find a way to mod it with my very basic technical knowledge. Love me some fluid sprite games, and quality ports.
>>
>>3998498
I think there is always a kinda underlying surge of interest in saturn because of how unpopular it was back in the day. After people get back into /vr/ systems from their childhood they start exploring other platforms, and saturn is a great place to start with it's 2d game library.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.