[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DK64 - Best way to emulate?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: donkeykong64.jpg (68KB, 500x431px) Image search: [Google]
donkeykong64.jpg
68KB, 500x431px
I've been playing DK64 using the very latest versions of both the Project 64 emulator and the GlideN64 plugin and have been VERY impressed with the results (beats waiting for the game to come out on the Switch VC).

I'm just wondering if there's anything I can do to reduce the infamous polygon tearing issue -
either by futzing around with the advanced settings or switching to a different emulator, maybe?
>>
Is what you're referring to like v-sync tearing or something else?
>>
File: High Level Emulation Is Great.jpg (252KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
High Level Emulation Is Great.jpg
252KB, 2560x1440px
>>3997257
NOPE! No emulator can! They also all suffer from timing issues, so you might not be able to complete some timed events.

I don't think anyone can fix it unless somebody makes a proper Low Level Emulator for N64 games.

>>3997713
He's talking about pic related.
>>
>>3997776
OP here.

I managed to 100% this game a few years ago on another laptop with a previous version of PJ64 by fiddling with the Counter Factor option when necessary. ATM, I've almost cleared out Frantic Factory, and so far there haven't been any problems.... yet.
>>
>>3997776
I just recently played through the whole game on PJ64 and never experienced this, or the disappearing vines, or any of the other things that supposedly make this game unplayable via emulation. Literally the only "problem" is the pause menu has a black background instead of the weird blur effect the game actually used
>>
>>3997791
Which version did you use?
>>
>>3997791
What are your specs? I ask because this issue is still open on github to this very day. The Counter Factor fix is known, I think likely that'll be an automatic thing down the line if Project64 devs ever get off their lazy fucking asses and implement per-game user settings like Dolphin.

Now I'm wondering is it is hardware dependent, I've only ever tested with Nvidia/Intel gear.
>>
You fucking cucks, the polygon distortion never gets in the way of the gameplay at all. It is literally a cosmetic non-issue
>>
>>3997802
cont
This is like getting mad that NES games have flickering or PS1 wobbles.
>>
>>3997802
Not wanting emulator caused bugs means I want a man to fuck my wife.

>>3997803
No it isn't.

What you listed are just actual hardware limitations.

DK64 on real hardware or on VC don't have this issue. Nintendo managed to emulate it properly, but the burning tire fire that is the 64 emulation scene can't.
>>
>>3997808
>What you listed are just actual hardware limitations.
Nigger if you want accuracy buy a real hardware or the VC release like you said. Emulation glitches like that comes with the territory, it looks ugly but does not affect gameplay.
>>
>>3997812
>Emulation glitches like that comes with the territory, it looks ugly but does not affect gameplay.

That's not his point, jackass. He just wants to play the game the way he wants to. If you don't have any useful input, save the shit talk for /b/.

>console hardware elitist cuck
>>
>>3997818
>He just wants to play the game the way he wants to
Well nigger then get used to stretchy polys.
>>
File: 1492303310137.jpg (45KB, 650x488px) Image search: [Google]
1492303310137.jpg
45KB, 650x488px
>>3997812
>>3997819
>>
The way screen dithering, blurring and anti alising works on the N64 isn't supported at all, it's an emulation bug. Yet I don't see you fags complaining, you hypocrites.
>>
>>3997829
You sure are butthurt.

You are Zilmar?
>>
>>3997831
Nothing wrong with a bug or two, they add character you know.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.