[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DKR

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

How do people remotely give a shit about Mario Kart 64 when pic related exists? You can be fucking Conker in this shit. CONKER!!!
Who can you be in MK64? They removed based Turtle man
>>
>>3996665
Mario Kart - unwrap, turn on, pick any character, enjoy any championship/race.

Diddy Kong Racing - "start your adventure and enter portals and shit and play for hours collecting items before having any fun xDDDxDDDdXDDDD"
>>
All of my memories of DKR are just flying around in a plane as Diddy in the hub world.

That's bad.
>>
>>3996665
I think it's the colour palette and the draw distance. If you wanna play single player DKR is fucking great and challeging but in the 4 player deparment is a fucking mess.
You can't see as well as mario kart 64 with those strong yellows and pixelated horizons.
Also the items in mario kart are easier to use and more satisfying for betrayals and backstabbing friends.
The overall experiencie is much better on mario kart even if the single player doesn't have cool bosses or hard collecting coins.
>>
>>3996687
Also this.
When you fucking start playing mario kart everything is aviable for you or for your friends in multiplayer, there's no dense unlocking or some weird open world racing thing.
>>
>>3996705
True but I think the racing in DKR is simply better. I'm not that guy you responded to btw.
>>
>>3996687
>>3996705
I can't remember when I last played a fresh MK cart, but I seem to remember you need to unlock the mirror cups by winning all the regular cups.

Also you need to unlock the better-looking title screen.
>>
I asked for MK64 for christmas and got this instead.

Haven't been able to bring myself to play a Mario Kart game ever since.
>>
I was instantly pushed away when I started the game and it took me to a bullshit adventure mode. I want to race, not drive around hoping to find the place I need to go in order to race there.
>>
>You're only allowed to like one game per genre.
>>
i 100% completed DKR but I can't say I enjoyed it, nor did anyone ever want to play DKR multi, MK64 was king of cart based racing.
>>
DKR has a better single player since there's less random item bullshit, but that also makes it less fun with friends.
>>
>>3997101
Also DKR has no rubberbanding whatsoever.
>>
>>3996665
I never owned this game myself but I had lots of friends that did. Whenever I suggested playing it they would only do so reluctantly. When I asked why they could never explain it.
>>
>>3996665
>How do people remotely give a shit about Mario Kart 64 when pic related exists?
Because Mario kart 64 is objectively the best Mario kart or at least the second best one. You could have fun racing on the diverse set of tracks especially (going near the castle or in Yoshis alley) and battle all your friends in a four player mode.
>You can be fucking Conker in this shit. CONKER!!
The identity of conker was not well established then. All people knew about him is that he was gonna be in a platform game and even in the 90's all that people remember him for was this and pocket tales.
>>
I had both games and we played mario kart wayyyy more. The weapons and level design were much better in Mk64 and the gameplay overall felt much tighter and better balanced. You can consistently win in MK64 if you know how to play. (its not super random like the later games)

DKR had the hovercraft/plane gameplay which was cool and a good idea but they get old after awhile and you find yourself wishing it was just a kart racer.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.