[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Virtual Boy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 1200px-Virtual-Boy-Set.jpg (148KB, 1200x1525px) Image search: [Google]
1200px-Virtual-Boy-Set.jpg
148KB, 1200x1525px
Does anyone here have a Virtual Boy? What have you experienced playing it?
>>
I do and I experience mild eye strain from it but I have a big head and I don't think the pupillary distance adjusts wide enough on a lot of this stuff so my eyes are always slightly crossed to focus. I have to modify the 3D headsets you stick your phone in or else they do the same thing to me.
>>
>>3996614
What games do you have for it?
>>
>>3996575
there's like two good games for it

jack bros and wario land
>>
>>3996628
Are those two games worth getting a headache for?
>>
>>3996575
you can emulate the virtual boy and use any sort of 3d glasses with it.
like even those cheap paper ones from back in the day will give you proper 3d with it, but i have no clue how much it resembles the real deal.
>>
>>3996632
nope, just emulate both

i believe most VB emulators even have the option to switch to grayscale instead of eye searing red
>>
>>3996632
This "headache" people talk about is just internet video game overexaggeration.
>>
>>3996575
I do.

Wario Land, Red Alarm, Telroboxer, and Vertical Force are probably the most fun games on it. With exception of Water World and the Tetris game, none of them are really 'bad'

And anyone who complains about eye strain or headaches are probably not calibrating.
>>
>>3996623
Red Alarm was probably my favorite followed by Wario Land and I have Telero Boxer and Tennis
>>
>>3996736
I dunno if "Headache" is the right word for it. When I used my buddy's, it felt like my eyes were burning. I said that was enough for me.
>>
>>3996736

It's not, some of us just dont do well wth certain kinds of camerawork. Look at the feedback for even new games like Witness, motion sickness is real.
>>
Used to play it at my cousin's long ago, still has it. Had Mario Tennis and the other Mario game.

No headaches, just some eyestrain. Was as uncomfortable to get in the right postition to play as the memes say. The fucking power thing that plugged to the controller could snap off easily. Just laid down on the carpet and hoped for the best.

Mario Tennis was nice, I recall playing the 64 one later and thinking the VB one felt better, though maybe was just biased. Other Mario game got old fast.
>>
>>3996575
>What have you experienced playing it?
Eye strain, migraines, corneal burns, seizures, dizziness, nausea, hipsteritis.
>>
File: community anger.png (254KB, 500x532px) Image search: [Google]
community anger.png
254KB, 500x532px
>>3996575

>tfw the warioland on the virtual boy never got a released on another system

Not even on virtual console. It would probably be perfect as a 3ds rerelease. Making it a full blown new game with new graphics, or just a port with some color would be nice too.
>>
>>3997403
For sure. One of the biggest of Nintendo's mistakes.
>>
>>3997405

I wonder how it stacks up with other warioland games. Seems like nintendo doesn't give a shit about wario these days. And this is coming from someone who also loves the warioware series.

>3ds never got its own wario game (both warioland or ware)
>support for warioware DYI shutdown
>gameandwario on wii u the awkward middle child between the wii and the switch

I struggle to find games to buy on the 3ds these days for lack of giving a shit. Would be nice to have an excuse.
>>
File: IMG_4048.jpg (2MB, 3304x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4048.jpg
2MB, 3304x3024px
>>3996575
I have three of them and the Virtual Boy is one of my favorite handhelds... consoles? Anyways I don't get eye strain at all but it depends on the person; of the 3DS bothers you, this probably will too
>>
It was cool. Very immersive because you become isolated by the blindfold-thing around your face and hear only the audio from the console. That plus the weird color gives it a dreamlike feel after a while.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.