[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which do you think is better? I think I like Kazooie slightly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: BanjoKazooie-BanjoTooie.jpg (274KB, 762x340px) Image search: [Google]
BanjoKazooie-BanjoTooie.jpg
274KB, 762x340px
Which do you think is better? I think I like Kazooie slightly better because of its more linear, stage-by-stage approach but I also love the huge open-world of Tooie. Thoughts?
>>
>>3996209
The overwhelming majority opinion is that BK was better and BT had too much backtracking.

I personally disagree and loved exploring new areas of worlds in tooie (especially when connected to other worlds), but the majority/meme opinion is that BK is perfect and that BT/DK64 are bad
>>
>>3996224
I have never heard someone say that Tooie is "bad" only that the levels are too big and the back tracking was a little excessive but I'm with you, man. I thoroughly enjoyed both games as well as DK64.
>>
There is roughly the same amount of content in the two games, but because of needlessly, overly-spacious world design and backtracking, a BT playthrough will take twice as long.
>>
Mostly what others have said but also that Tooie runs much worse framerate wise than Kazooie especially the Cuck Cloud World or whatever it was called. I enjoy replaying Kazooie once in a while but never bothered going back to Tooie after 100% it one time. Also just remembered that some of those Tooie minigames were maddening.
>>
Kazooie's fun for multiple playthroughs.
Tooie is a one time affair.
>>
the only things that pissed me off about tooie are the first person parts
>>
I've been replaying Tooie recently and I can say that Kazooie is the less flawed game. Banjo Tooie isn't a bad game, but there's a lot of issues that make it not as replayable as Kazoooie.
>FPS drops are everywhere
>Some levels are too big for their own good (Grunty Industries)
>There isn't a cutscene for when you save and quit like in Kazooie (I personally wanted to see the B.O.B blast the island, if only to see what it looked like.)
>There's far more backtracking here than in Banjo-Kazooie, and there's only one real instance of backtracking in that game, and that's only if you're going for 100%
>>
I see no reason to make another Banjo thread for this, but how were you supposed to know to use eggs on the cobwebs? Most people probably try to hit them with the beak first, and if the beak bounces off them why should the eggs do any better? Never played Tooie by the way.
>>
>>3997114
The old tried and true method of trying everything on everything.
>>
>>3996469

I agree with BK being more fun on multiple playthroughs but I feel like I could play BT again.

I think BT was a game I spent hours upon hours screwing around in after the game was beaten. I loved the big connected worlds.
>>
Both are unplayable collectathon shit. Kazooie has the advantage of being smaller and shorter overall.
>>
>>3997219
Define "unplayable".
Both games work fine the controls are fluid and they are built around the concept of collecting shit. So what?
>>
>>3996224
I only played DK64 as a kid, and I remember enjoying it. Perhaps i'd be too bothered by the excessive collecting now, but I recall the levels were pretty comfy to explore, like that diamond cave
>>
Tooie is better. It's far more ambitious and advanced in just about every aspect. The people who scream backtracking are ADHD losers and probably played this game for the first time as a bored, impatient, mind-wandering adult on an emulator. Kazooie is fine, but it's quite simple in comparison. Kazooie does have an advantage because it contains one of the best levels in any game, Click Clock Woods.
>>
>>3997309
I cannot comprehend how someone can'y at least be slighty irked by the backtracking. I mean it doesn't add anything constructive to the game. It's just there only to pad out the playtime.
>>
>>3998183
Tooie's backtracking isn't really all that significant to begin with and the fact that warp pads are everywhere makes it even more of a nonissue. Honestly, 9/10 modern games do it worse as is.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.