[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Metal Slug

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 12

File: om_004.jpg (67KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
om_004.jpg
67KB, 640x480px
Greeting fellow /vr/troopers, I've noticed that one of the metal slug fan-sites has actually been keeping up to date with informating regarding the series and has been cataloging everything from concept work to translations:

http://randomhoohaas.flyingomelette.com/msmia/index.html

I suggest a Metal Slug thread for discussing the information from this site and proposing cool scenarios you'd like to see in a possible future metal slug title, something 7 was severely lacking.
>>
There will be no future for the series, it is destined to be forever mobage trash
>>
File: eri shock.png (8KB, 184x216px) Image search: [Google]
eri shock.png
8KB, 184x216px
>>3994273
SNK has been quoted on saying they've got plans for Metal slug though. And never say never, Metal Slug will be back, we just don't know when.
>>
>>3994272
It's a thing of a bygone era, but I'm glad fansites are still a thing. I can't believe an sluggish ad-ridden shithole like Wikia has become the de facto framework for any current up-to-date pop culture knowledge base
>>
Meh, Metal Slugs 6 and 7 were real underwhelming anyway, I don't know if I want a new one.
>>
>>3994705
True, though I'd still take 6 or 7 over 4 anytime.
>>
File: 1493274780567.jpg (273KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1493274780567.jpg
273KB, 1600x1200px
>>3994674
The worst part is when they have absolutely no useful information or real effort put into it. Granted you'd get that a lot with fansites but even the most obscure game usually has some crazy devoted fan obsessed with cataloging every single bit of minutia available, you just don't see as many of them making dedicated sites anymore.
I know somebody is going to screech about it but I've found tumblr blogs are about as close as you'll get in this age. The amount of customisation available and ease of access allows those who may be really dedicated but not as good at HTML to compile a decent database easily and keep it up to without having to worry about server costs or whatever. I can't think of any off the top of my head since my bookmarks were recently wiped, but you're bound to find something you like if you poke around enough.
>>
File: ms3- 3.png (10KB, 677x207px) Image search: [Google]
ms3- 3.png
10KB, 677x207px
Since someone made a Metal Slug thread before me, posting here.

What's your record of continues in Metal Slug 3 (or any other Metal Slug game)? I'm playing it recently (once per day via online with Fightcade) and my personal record is 13 right now, not that I'm expecting 1CCing this game, but my dream is reaching at least 5 credits in one run.
Really love this game.
>>
>>3995272
i can get to last stage in first game on 1 credit, it's really memory-heavy from there and boss fight is shit, so i didn't bother finishing it. you should try limiting yourself to 1 credit, you will improve faster that way and 5 credits will seem like a lot. at the very least limit yourself on credits, even if it's 10, if there is a threat of loosing you'll improve.
>>
>>3995272
1cc and 5 or 6 million score I think, depending on how well I do on the vertical shooting part on the last stage (there are multiple chains you can do there, but sometimes you get weapons with which it is hard to be precise, and some enemies fly on the sides and you can't reach them easy).

But I need an autofire for this because my fingers start hurting halfway around. And it also depends entirely on luck whether or not I get hit by the aztec deathtrap and the final rootmars bosses.
>>
I only like the first 3 metal slugs (inc 2). I don't think a new game would be worthwhile.
>>
>>3995283
Metal Slug 1 feels a lot easier than MS3 (I really don't know if this is true, since I didn't tried to master it yet), I don't usually use a lot of credits in arcade games, I already did 1CC in a good number of games actually, but Metal Slug is simply too much for me to master it perfectly, I can't imagine myself doing less than 3 to 5 credits in MS3, this game is a hard nut.

>>3995312
1cc? Great! I thought about playing with autofire, but I felt guilty for using a method not available in a arcade machine, so I sticked to the normal way.
>>
>>3995272
Online as in with someone?
2-player mode is level 8 difficulty default for fightcade, the bastards... I've been practicing on level 4 for so long level 8 seems like such unfair bull.
>>
File: slug06t.jpg (250KB, 797x773px) Image search: [Google]
slug06t.jpg
250KB, 797x773px
>>3995398
I'd really rather have more difficult enemy patters or ai over bullet sponges
>>
>>3995335
>Metal Slug 1 feels a lot easier than MS3
it is easier, i played MS3 very briefly but it kicked my ass. still, i think 13 credits is so shameful i'd prefer not to clear it at all or at least not mention how much credits it took, which is why i assumed you've never 1cc'ed anything.
>>
>>3995737
>i think 13 credits is so shameful i'd prefer not to clear it at all or at least not mention how much credits it took
Personally I see nothing to feel shameful about, I like to see my number of credits as my "score", every two runs that I finish I get the number down by two or three (at first it was 27 credits or so when I started playing it seriously around a week ago).

Playing until the end instead of surrendering mid-run is a good tactic since you get to play the harder parts for more time.
Slowly getting better at a game is something natural, I'm not seeking bragging rights, just personal satisfaction.

Strange enough, I tried playing two runs of Metal Slug X since a long without even touching this game, I got 8 credits in the first run and 5 credits in the second run, not a bad progress at all.
>>
>>3995825
i see, personally i don't credit feed if there are other ways of practice available, usually when you continue rating resets and you get free weapon or somethng, so the game plays differently from how it would on 1 credit. i'd rather play on 1 credit until i'm completely stuck and then use practice/level select or states.
>>
>>3997254
also when you credit feed you can spam bombs or grenades or other limited resources, personally i can't resist from doing it.
>>
>>3995272
I 1ccd MS 2 when I was 15. I hadn't practiced much and wasn't aiming for it, it just happened. Unfortubately I haven't been able to do it since.

Oh well, X is more fun anyway. If I ever try to get a 1cc in Metal Slug again, that or 3 will be the one I aim for.
>>
>>3997550
Go for the first one, it's the easiest. Though the heavy machine gun just isn't refined enough yet in it.

Also 15 year old you is pretty fucking cool.
>>
File: 07_ms3_p71.gif (148KB, 1125x1400px) Image search: [Google]
07_ms3_p71.gif
148KB, 1125x1400px
>Desk slug
>Bike slug
>slug slug
Cut content is so cool, /vr/
>>
>>3997578
>Let's put a fuckhuge gatling gun on the back of this bycicle lol

Cool art, but I can imagine why it got cut...
>>
>>3998568
I dunno, I think it'd be pretty funny seeing any of the characters cycling their way to victory.
>>
>Find a Neo Geo cabinet in the wild
>it has Metal Slug
>>
>>3998691
Are you Arino????
>>
Own Metal Slug X and 3 on AES.

1 is over $10,000 these days.

2 is expensive and an inferior version of X.

4 is shit and used to be cheap but is now getting expensive and still shit.

5 is expensive and forgettable.
>>
>>3998703
Yeah, 1, X and 3 is all you really need in this world.
>>
>>3998703
>>3998710
I like 5 and 6 a lot, I mean, 6 changed the voices and the backgrounds are kind of clashing in artstyle, but I really enjoy the level design and bosses in this one.
Not denying that X and 3 are the pinnacle, though.
>>
File: 031.jpg (137KB, 506x612px) Image search: [Google]
031.jpg
137KB, 506x612px
>>3998731
I think 6 is pretty good for what it is too. Though 5, I still just don't like very much, even after playing through it again. Both of their bosses are very fair compared to Rootmars though.
>>
>>3998710
I'd love to own MS1 but I ain't spending $10k.

Just got to keep a look out for game collectors who have gotten into hard drugs or grieving family selling their next of kin's games off at bargain prices.
>>
How good is the emulation on xbox, switch, ps?
Thinking about buying some
>>
>>3998749
Is even possible to dodge everything that Rootmars sends at you without using the Tank Slug trick?
You either get the trick right or lose a good number of lifes depending of your luck.
>>
>>3998817
I've turned on console and developer mode in Winkawaks and this lets me pick me whichever stage I want and I've been practicing Rootmars constantly like that, to see if it's possible. Sometimes the orbs get in the way of getting into the slug so this is a must.

I dunno, he gives a hint as to where his orbs are gonna be when he vomits then up I think? It's possible most of the time but you've also gotta watch out for his electric shock attack and not jump at the most inappropriate opportune or towards the most inappropriate place, like from the slug to the corner of his head, as the shock'll still get you even if you haven't landed. It's like rubbing your tummy and patting your head at the same time.
>>
>>3998872
Oh, so you're the DoReMi poster, besides /vr/ I think I saw you in a certain other board, not too sure, though.
But yeah, there's some ways to optmize your chances of dodging, but sometimes he just gives you the middle finger.
>>
File: ARTGAL_0024.png (13KB, 288x224px) Image search: [Google]
ARTGAL_0024.png
13KB, 288x224px
>>3998940
There's probably a way. Definitely a way. I've got the feeling the devs have made sure there's a way if you're good enough. They've probably played through it so many times that it's a breeze for them.
>>
File: C-lVFTIUwAAooys.jpg (87KB, 844x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C-lVFTIUwAAooys.jpg
87KB, 844x1200px
>>3999008
I've been doing it some more. The direction in which the orbs come out of his mouth are a DEFINITE indication of where they'll be coming from but like I said it's like rubbing your tummy and patting your head at the same time.
>>
>>3998691
The best feeling.
>>
>>3995086
Nah, I've seen a few good tumblr blogs in that regard. Specifically one about translating old Bomberman manga pages regarding the games.
>>
File: b05_tlb.gif (64KB, 685x514px) Image search: [Google]
b05_tlb.gif
64KB, 685x514px
>>3999158
Man, I could go up against Rootmars for days. He's really fun in a strange way. I'm starting to think that the orbs he spits out aren't too bad, once you've gotten the gesture of where he's spitting them out you can just go to one side of the screen and do your best to dodge them from there. I'm pretty sure it'd be a cake walk to beat him if he just shot out orbs but the electric shock is the other half of the challenge of course and I've started getting killed by that more rather than the orbs, and I'm not even taking advantage of the metal slug's exit invincibility.

It's funny, before I just saw Rootmars as one of Metal slug 3's few weak points but now I'm seeing him as a formidable legitimate challenge.
>>
File: True bless.webm (3MB, 380x280px) Image search: [Google]
True bless.webm
3MB, 380x280px
This is what true bless looks like
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.