[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need to play DIablo 1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: diablo1-wallpaper.jpg (222KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
diablo1-wallpaper.jpg
222KB, 640x480px
I'm on a mac. Can't find a fucking thing. Someone please help, PS1 emulator or computer format with online. Latter is preferred but I doubt I'll have luck with that. ANY HELP IS APRECIATED.
>>
>>3993790

maybe try asking in the diablo thread
>>
>>3993796
already did no replies yet tho
>>
>I'm on a mac
There's your problem
>>
>>3993790
mac is unix based. you should be able to run wine to run a windows iso of diablo
>>
>>3993983
All Diablo games were released for Mac natively
>>
>>3994018
The Mac version is for PPC Macs running OS 9 and will absolutely not run on a modern Mac. It's faster to run a VM of Windows than it is to virtualize the classic Mac OS due to the processor difference.
>>
>>3993968
i will never disagree with that sentiment, but it was free
>>
i should add i don't have a clue as to what i'm doing when it comes to emulators and would love any links anybody could drop.
>>
Blizzard doesn't seem to sell Diablo 1 anywhere which is a shame because it's far more enjoyable than D2 for me.
>>
>>3994038
You should run a Windows 98 VM in Virtual Box and play diablo in that. I don't think it's very far along, but check out Freeablo as well.
>>
>>3994041
You should definitely not pay money for Diablo if nothing was fixed or ported. I'm pretty sure Diablo is getting the refresh treatment this year at Blizzcon since Starcraft currently has the spotlight.
>>
File: IMG_3799.jpg (185KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3799.jpg
185KB, 750x1334px
Ok, I have this almost working on OpenEmu emulator and this is popping up, anybody know what to do?
>>
>>3994041

They recently remade the entire D1 map playable in D3. I haven't tried it myself though because D3 is so bad.
>>
>>3994090

>anybody know what to do

Read the fucking message box, it tells you exactly what you need to.
>>
>>3994093
Watched a video on it awhile ago. Honestly I just want the Diablo 1 experience, not Diablo 2 in Diablo 1.
>>
>>3994030
Power Macintosh, 8 MB RAM with virtual memory, System 7.5 or higher, 2X CD-ROM drive. Thats all it needed for Macs back in the day.
>>
>>3993968
Past your bed time, you got school in the morning.

Back in the day, Most Blizzard games ran on PC and Mac.
>>
>>3994093
D3 sucked at first but it got much better afterwards.
>>
>>3994090
Get a fucking PS1 bios from the internet and then get the iso of the game and play it. Basically this is asking you to get different bios for different compatability since the PS1 has region locking (which prevent your ass from importing games without either a different region console or a mod).
>>
>>3994093
D3 isn't even bad. You seriously couldn't have played it or you would not say that.
>>
>>3994437
I thought it ran even earlier than OS 9 but I couldn't recall off the top of my head. I used to run it (and D2) on a 600Mhz iMac running OS 9. Great LAN party rig.
>>
>>3994038
sell it to some hipster and use the money to buy a basic PC
>>
>>3995041
>current year
>still using a DOS shell
wew
>>
>>3995036
I still have two PPC Macs, a G4 and G5 that I need to still setup and installing Diablo 2 on each one is on my list. I'm have tempted to go to Microcenter here to pick up the Diablo and Starcraft battlechest. Almost crapped myself when I seen that they still have copies for sell.
>>
>>3995284
Oh hell yeah, I have a G4 mini and a G5 (both in storage atm) as well. Your G4 might run OS 9 natively which would be ideal, but either would run D1 and 2 in Classic Mode without issue as well. D2 can run on PPC and Intel OS X too, so Classic Mode will just bog that one down, but for D1 that's how I used to do it once I upgraded to OS X back in the day. Also MicroCenter is the jam, I'm so glad I live walking distance from one in the NE.
>>
>>3995050
>Current year
>Still using an overpriced final cut machine
>>
>>3995568
Any UNIX-like > Windows; I don't care if you're running Linux or macOS, Windows is objectively garbage.
>>
File: be8.png (473KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
be8.png
473KB, 600x580px
>>3995581
>Being THIS delusional
>>
>>3995602
you should stop before you embarass yourself any futher. Even /g/ hates windows. Literally no one except grandparents, the technologically inept and PC gaming master-race redditors use windows by choice, and only the most hardened RAZERâ„¢/REPUBLIC OF GAMERS fanatics insist that it's actually good.
>>
>>3995701
this post gave me cancer, fuck off.
>>
>>3995634
/g/ are the biggest microsoft dicksuckers on the internet, what the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>3995754
when i was there regularly it was a linux-circle jerk, I mean they hate Apple and love the NSA though, it's a confusing bunch.
>>
>>3995764
It's almost like /g/ is more than one person.
>>
>>3995932
imagine that.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.